+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I'm thinking about smoking Marijuana

twitter

•    Sponsored Offer - Insurance Required

Drug-Rehab-Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Unsure person View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm a 17 year-old male, for about a year now I have been regularly going to parties and in the last 6 months I have been regularly drinking at them. I've tried weed 4 times, only two of those times did it have any effect (didn't smoke it very well lol).

I quite like drinking, I hate being a party and not drinking, in fact I find it really hard. I don't think I'm am alcoholic or going that way though, because I mean, it doesn't bother me when I don't drink and am not at a party (all though, if I haven't gone out to a party for some time I quite like a drink with my dad).

More recently I've been interested in marijuana/weed. It's one of those things a lot of people try. I'm the kind of person who up until a little while ago, wouldn't do ANYTHING wrong, I would be scared to.

Basically, I'm wondering on people's opinions on how much would be 'safe' or 'ok'. Because it's a point in my life that I was to experience this, but I don't want it to stuff me up either. I'm usually smoking with a group of girls, one of who I really like and would like to get to know better.

So, ideally, I would like to smoke on an irregular basis. Sometimes it might be 1-2 times a week, but usually once every 2-4 weeks. If I did this for up to a year, am I likely to suffer from problems? (i.e. becoming dependent, short term memory issues etc.)?

If my reasons for smoking are to have fun, but also having other things to do for fun (without smoking or drinking) would this help? I've read about people who require weed to do certain things (i.e. go to work, go to sleep etc.). So, would that be a good way to avoid becoming dependent?
    it would be hypicritical of me to tell you not to do it, but if i could go back in time i would personally choose to never even try it

basically, just read the stories on this cannabis rehab site and ask yourself 'is that what you want to be thinking in 5 or 10 years time'?

but ivve known plenty of people who just occassionally toke at a party and would never buy it let alone spend all night smoking alone, so its your call...

good luck buddy

•    

Sponsored Links
      Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol  

• Unsure person Cannabis Rehab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gave up View Post
    My friend you are playing with fire.I will honestly tell you that you seem really immature about this. I mean how can you claim that you can fight off addiction? Don't you think that thats how it might have started for all of us here? once a week will very quickly become twice a week and so on. Trust me when I tell you that my attitude was exactly the same as yours and now I'm here to find advise on how to stop smoking. I have been off weed now for about 5 weeks and I'm now going through the feeling of guilt of ever starting to smoke. It changed me, I was no longer the loving husband/father/son/brother/friend. So I take this opportunity to personally plead/beg of you not to even consider starting to smoke. If you still want to smoke nobody can stop you but I'm sure I speak for all of us on CannabisRehab.org when I say do yourself a favour and just say no. I'm 28 and have nothing to show for it due to the fact that I smoked all my money. Don't become a loser like me, you are better than that.
    I acctually take a little offense to being called immature - for thinking I can 'avoid' rather than 'fight off' an addiction, you could say I'm ignorant (which is not true, but closer than being immature). So I'll try and not show any hostility in this post (there isn't meant to be any) - sorry if it comes out that way.

But I've come the conclusion, that weed is similar to alcohol or gambling addiction wise. It can be safely done, but in some cases not (which makes it a little silly that I post here because it's like posting on an AA rehab group "Should I start drinking?") - all though weed is still bad (and in my research it's worse than I first though), but addiction wise I think that can likely be avoided because by definition (and to my understanding) people become dependent on weed rather than addicted. To avoid this, what I 'was' going to do is limit myself to smoking twice a week maximum (but not two weeks in a row). Since then I have done more research, and also talked to my doctor. I've decided only to smoke on rare occasions (probably going to stop after my holidays have finished). But either way if it gets to more than twice a week I know I'm getting addicted so I'll stop.

Also, I talk to my friend about this often, and I tell my dad whenever I smoke. So either my dad or my friend will be able to help if they think something is coming on.

But it's like cigarettes too, someone who starts smoking, if they smoke a pack a day for a year, rather than one a month they will be more likely to become addicted/be more addicted. So that's how I am going to try and avoid an addiction.

And - finally (this is also a statement as well as a reply to someone else's post) - I am not planning to be smoking in 10 years time.

This post is for two reason - I feel the need to reply but then also it helps reiterate this to myself - so it's not just me being defensive, it's to make sure I follow those guidelines.

Ok guys, this is a issue that can be a bit delicate and people can feel quite strongly especially if you have experienced what a lot of the people here have, but I think we should still maintain a tone of mutual respect and understanding, I understand why gave up feels it is unwise to use drugs at all, I have to say as someone who has gone through absolute hell as a result of using this drug I would be inclined to agree, however I think to say unsure person is immature is perhaps a bit unfair, in fairness to him he has researched this a lot more thoroughly than most other young people do and not just believed that everything that is said about cannabis thatís bad is rubbish because he would like it to be the case and I think that is actually a sign of maturity, sure he has came to a decision which I myself and a lot of other people here who have experienced what they have perhaps would not agree with, but I donít think that necessarily means he is been immature, he just has just made a different decision to what we would have. But at least from engaging with us he is now a lot more vigilant and has probably decided to do it less then perhaps he would have, which I think can only be a good thing, like I have said I have found it a difficult one to advise on as although itís something that I really donít recommend, if you are too hardcore in the way you go about giving your advice you can alienate people and turn them off, far too many young people donít engage with those who disagree with using drugs because they donít think we are been honest with them or somehow mistaken, but this is a mistake the people who post here have genuinely experienced what they have experienced and are not just mistaken or making it up for fun. But like I say you have to say what you say in the right way and make sure that the people you are talking to feel you are been balanced and honest, otherwise they will just ignore you and wonít learn a thing from your experience, I am just glad that unsure person is engaging with us at all, I think if more young people did the same they would probably like him use less than they was intending on doing, or refrain from doing so altogether.

Anyway like I say I respect all the points we are all trying to make, but just think itís crucial that we maintain mutual respect with each other, even if at the end of the day we have a difference of opinion. Anyway thatís just the way I see it.

Take care
    Cannabis Rehab Group Admin (formerly BFB)

Drug Rehabilitated for 8 years.

If this site has helped you please share it with others.

This forrum has been realy interesting.. its kinda of a disection of unsure's brain while dealing with the decision of smoking or not... and if yes how often. kinda of what we all went through when we started. Yes I agree that his intention of investigating all he could about but is very wise or mature... his decision of still going at it is not. Why? well if he did his research and he found it is as dangerous as it is? Then why proceed? I remember doing my "research on pot" before I tried it and I remember all the pro b.s. that I got. If I could of had this conversation with adicts maybe I would of made some diffrent decisions, maybe not.

Unsure I trully believe you are cheating yourself and putting yourself at risk. Evaluate the prons and cons, this is not worth it.

you said you are insecure... pot will intensify this seriuosly. You do believe you can become adicted to games... well try adictive substances they will surley do the job.

From the bottom of my heart stay off...No ofense intended in what I have said please understand that for us adicted to pot, even thinking somebody is starting to ruin a whole life all over again is very sad and frustrating.

Yeah I agree, I think to research it to the level he has and give our point of view consideration is wise and mature, but the decision still to use even if it is less than he was going to is not the right one, I suppose the problem is that everybody has their own definition of what is “wise” and “mature” and based on our experiences most of us here would probably not consider his decision to use at all to be the case. I suppose that’s one of the things about human nature in order to feel a certain way about something, we often have to experience it in a way that will make us feel that way (if only we could always learn from other peoples experiences), it’s only then that we can decide how truly good or bad something is (which can vary based on our experience) and whether the pro’s out way the cons and whether it is worth the risk. I personally think what he has to lose outweighs what he has to gain, even if he doesn’t have the kind of experience we have had here, the risks of doing so are not worth the temporary high he may achieve, your choosing a short term buzz at the risk of a potentially serious long term problem, if the short amount of life experience I have had has taught me anything is that people often think too short term, I know I have.

I too share Tonka’s concerns in regards to how it may affect him, if you have a tendency to get hooked on things then drugs usually are not a very good idea and if you have a tendency for insecurity or any other psychological issues then cannabis especially can be a problem. That’s why I wanted him to talk more about it with his father, if there’s anybody out there who is a good potential genuine pig as to how he may react it’s his parents, although that said the type of pot his parents probably smoked and the type of pot that’s out there these days is often very different stuff, a lot of the stuff that’s out there now is so much more likely to cause negative psychological effects (for more info read the high THC low CBD weed post). Anyway like I have said a number of times even though I want to warn him of the dangers as strongly as possible, I don’t want to brow beat him to the extent that he isn’t going to want to engage with us and listen to what we say, it’s a hard balance to achieve I just hope we have got it right, I do really respect him for doing his research even if in the end he has not made the decision I would have preferred him too, I also respect the way he has took the criticism of his choice and remained respectful to us. I suppose at the end of the day you can’t convince everybody of what you think the right thing to do is and as long as you feel you have done your best to deal with it in the right way that’s all you can do. Anyway even if you have not chosen what I personally would have preferred you to unsure person, I think you are a great kid and am grateful you have engaged with us in the way you have, I really hope you don’t experience any of the problems we have here and wish you the best of luck with the future.

Take care
    Cannabis Rehab Group Admin (formerly BFB)

Drug Rehabilitated for 8 years.

If this site has helped you please share it with others.

It was a long day for me today. Had an early morning appointment before work, worked my 8-hours, and then had another appointment. I got me home at 6:30 starving and a little crabby; I walked into my door and out-of-nowhere it triggered in my head… “maybe I could smoke a little pot”, after all it’s been 16 days since I smoked? This is the first time I have even considered smoking in the past 6 or so days. Luckily I logged in here and the first entry I read was Tonka’s. I’m glad I did, after reading his brief post, all the cravings of me wanting to smoke went completely away. Hearing his sincerity in his plea, for someone that is just in his early stages of life… well, it really hit home to me.

I realize now, marijuana will relentlessly entice me to “just smoke a little” “what’s the big deal, I’ll just take a hit or two”… I am a strong willed person. I have quit cigarettes cold turkey without flinching. I tried cocaine and wasn’t interested at all. I can have a couple of drinks and I don’t want more. But, marijuana continues to subtly allure me in to trying it again and again.

I was a pro pot user and no one could tell me otherwise. I did the research, weighed out the pros and cons. And I thought, there was little harm, especially if I only smoked a little. Unfortunately, no matter what anyone has ever told me over the past 18 years of smoking pot, I continued to smoke it on a daily basis. Only hindsight has given me the vision to see the real truth.

I wish I had CannabisRehab.org available to me years ago, so I could hear their stories and hear them proclaim to me the peril that lies ahead if I continued to use.

gave up Cannabis Rehab Guest

Ok first of all I would like to apologise if unsure person took offence to my comment of "immature". It was never meant as an insult. It was merely my attemt to get people to think a lot more and to read all the posts here. I didn't imply that you're immature at all, only that your attitute towards drugs and alcohol is perhaps a little clouded. I give you a lot of credit for researching the effects of weed before trying it though, and I just wouldn't like to see you here in a few years time regtretting your decision. I wish you all the best.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertising