View Poll Results: How long did your withdrawal symptoms last, either physical or psychological?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 2 weeks.

2 15.38%
  • 2-4 weeks.

2 15.38%
  • 1-2 months.

2 15.38%
  • 2-4 months.

3 23.08%
  • 4-6 months.

3 23.08%
  • 6-12 months.

0 0%
  • 12-18 months.

1 7.69%
  • More than 18 months.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How long have you cannabis withdrawal symptoms lasted?

twitter

•    Sponsored Offer - Insurance Required

Drug-Rehab-Treatment

Default How long have you cannabis detox symptoms lasted?

I thought it would be useful to do a poll on how long people have found their cannabis detox symptoms lasted.

How long did you experience detox symptoms either physical (i.e. sweating, shivers, insomnia, lack of appetite, ect.) or psychological (i.e. anxiety, restlessness, depression, negative thoughts, loss of pleasure, ect.) after you stopped using cannabis?

Cannabis Rehab Group Admin (formerly BFB)

Drug Rehabilitated for 8 years.

If this site has helped you please share it with others.

•    

Sponsored Links
      Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol  

Default Poll

I am now comming up to a year without smoking.

I was going complete the poll but I really think it needs to be broken up into sections such as the ones mentioned in you email

i.e. sweating, shivers, insomnia, lack of appetite, ect. or psychological i.e. anxiety, restlessness, depression, negative thoughts, loss of pleasure.

Some of these I aways had, and still do, some went quickly, some lasted a few months, and some I still have to some extent. Given this I am reluctant to complete the poll as I dont think it will give a true outcome - well in my case - and I suspect in most other cases too.

Hi itt thanks for dropping by it’s good to hear from you again, well done on going a year without smoking I am so pleased for you. The poll facility on the software CannabisRehab.org uses is fairly basic and doesn’t allow you to give that many options, it’s more just a quick simple poll rather than a full survey, I think it allows people to choose from a maximum of 8 options, so it’s not really able to ask people how long they suffered with each individual symptom in one poll, that would require having to offer a lot more options. I could do a number of separate polls that do ask people how long they suffered with each symptom, but marijuana detox can manifest it’s self in a number of different symptoms depending on the individual, so this is just a quick general poll to see how long people have suffered with any symptom or symptoms related to marijuana detox of any kind. If you are not sure whether it’s related to discontinuing cannabis or not then it’s probably best not to answer, but I think a lot of people experience symptoms that they are able to indentify whether or not they are. Thanks for the feedback I will see if others are able or not to vote before I choose whether or not to delete it.

Take care and one again well done!

Default 3 months

hi, i am right at 3 months now, and for me i feel about 95%, most of my original symptoms are gone. Only rarely do i feel "a little odd" that's the only way i can describe it. But for all those at the first couple of weeks, just give it some time it really does get better with time, i know it sucks to hear that i was the same way, i wanted to feel better in a month, but it's different for everyone.

Thumbs up

Hi sunflower, it’s great to hear you are feeling much better, thanks for stopping by and voting.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Marijuana withdraw

How appropriate that CannabisRehab.org should contact me today, my 38th day without a puff. It has been a year or more since I signed on to the forum. Naturally I lost interest when I resumed smoking. Having been attempting the big quit for 5 years now and having at least 6 episodes where I was quit for more than 90 days (if you read the Institute of Medicine's report to the US Congress carefully you will discover that heavy smokers show canibanoid metabolites in urine for up to 80 days after withdraw so all you heavy smokers who think you can pass a piss test in 30 days heads up). I feel like a resident expert on withdraw but today I more intersted in rehabilitation from the personal problems that influenced me to smoke in the first place.
    Nevertheless to answer your poll. 30 days always brings a major shift in the physical part of the withdraw, 30 days is the magic number for me where the shakes, hot n cold flashes, insomnia, irritability bordering on rage, manic and magical (psychedelic) type thinking, begins to ease. After the 30 day period I feel so at ease the first thing I think when left to my own devices is "I think I'd enjoy a joint now that I feel so much better". As a result of this madness I joined AA to combat my morbid lifelong fascination with getting high. I have discovered that I am prone to alcoholism in my many marijuana withdraw experiments and "the only requirement for AA membership is a desire to stop drinking." They drink the way I always smoked so I find more relief from temptation and more faith in staying quit by doing it with others.
    Thanx for the inquiry it was perfectly timed.
    Charlie
    How can I recover my user name and password to the blog?

Cannabis detox lasted less than 2 weeks for me (physically). After that I believe everything is mental (psychological). To all that read this stick it out...day by day. It does get easier...trust me. You just need to make a true decision to quit and get over the initial hurdle. For the first time in my life...I'm drug free and am off nicotine, alcohol, and pot. It feels great to be sober. Good luck all!
    Quit Date 10/16/09

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Cannabis detox lasted less than 2 weeks for me (physically). After that I believe everything is mental (psychological). To all that read this stick it out...day by day. It does get easier...trust me. You just need to make a true decision to quit and get over the initial hurdle. For the first time in my life...I'm drug free and am off nicotine, alcohol, and pot. It feels great to be sober. Good luck all!
    Great news, Spartacus. The work continues!

I am weed free for 1 year now, and quit drinking as well, not because I was using alcohol in a crazy way, but because I would have probably had a cross addiction problem once I quit marijuana.

I am still using nicotine, unfortunately, and my caffeine intake has tripled in the year I have quit weed. Quitting smoking is going to have to be my next big change.

Cheers

after 2 weeks my anxiety symptoms lessened much,
    but i'm feeling very depressed and sad...
    sometimes (2x a day i'm crying... after that i'm feeling tired and i feel light better). I can't meet with friends out of the internet, it is annoying me, i'm feeling bored and quiet - don't want to talk.
    everyday i have problems with sleeping, it's very hard but at evening
    i'm feeling excited - but is irritating).

ehh, i hope i will feel better each a day, each an hour ...

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexoid View Post
    after 2 weeks my anxiety symptoms lessened much,
    but i'm feeling very depressed and sad...
    sometimes (2x a day i'm crying... after that i'm feeling tired and i feel light better). I can't meet with friends out of the internet, it is annoying me, i'm feeling bored and quiet - don't want to talk.
    everyday i have problems with sleeping, it's very hard but at evening
    i'm feeling excited - but is irritating).

ehh, i hope i will feel better each a day, each an hour ...
    Hang in there... i'm on day 5... it can only get better! Hope you are still clean today, January 6/20101!

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertising