+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few weeks after quitting and i feel aweful

twitter

•    Sponsored Offer - Insurance Required

Drug-Rehab-Treatment

Default A few weeks after quitting and i feel aweful

I quit a few weeks ago,

I feel really crappy, plenty of paranoia (i wasnt expecting an increase in paranoia after i quit, hopefully its temporary)

I am finding it hard to talk to the people i live with, I have nothing to say.

I am now aware of how much time i used to spend smoking weed alone, and now im not smoking weed i see i've lost virtually all my friends,

I feel generally depressed.

the only plus-side my sleep is getting better, and I have more energy but just nobody to hang out with or go places with, so just full of engery and stuck in the house

I've been for a long walk on a few occassions, just to kill an hour of the evening!

can someone tell me how long i am going to feel like this????

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

It can be a bit of a catch 22 with the paranoia at least initially, smoking cannabis can cause anxiety and paranoia and so can withdrawing from it, but at least the paranoia from withdrawing from it will pass, which usually isnít the case if you keep on taking it. Itís quite common to feel a lot of negative feelings after quitting, for some people it can last quite a while and you will now have a lot of time to fill, which is why finding new things that you enjoy to put in its place is absolutely crucial if you want to succeed, so try your best to find those new things and rebuild a new life. Itís hard to say how long it will last some find itís weeks others find itís months, incidentally I have just created a new poll asking those who have quit and been through the process how long they experienced detox symptoms, so far there have only been a few votes but already you can see that it can vary significantly depending on the individual. Like I say I think the main thing to help you recover as quickly as possible is to start to create that new life, although I appreciate it can be hard when you feel a bit depressed and withdrawn, but if you can force yourself to do so it will probably help you recover quicker. I was wondering do you have any hobbies or interests you could pursue to help you fill the time? Maybe even something that could involve joining some sort of group or club.

Anyway I hope that helps, take care, thanks for sharing and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin (formerly known as BFB)

Drug Rehabilitated for 8 years.

If this site has helped you please share it with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabis Rehab Group Admin View Post
    It can be a bit of a catch 22 with the paranoia at least initially, smoking cannabis can cause anxiety and paranoia and so can withdrawing from it, but at least the paranoia from withdrawing from it will pass, which usually isnít the case if you keep on taking it. Itís quite common to feel a lot of negative feelings after quitting, for some people it can last quite a while and you will now have a lot of time to fill, which is why finding new things that you enjoy to put in its place is absolutely crucial if you want to succeed, so try your best to find those new things and rebuild a new life. Itís hard to say how long it will last some find itís weeks others find itís months, incidentally I have just created a new poll asking those who have quit and been through the process how long they experienced detox symptoms, so far there have only been a few votes but already you can see that it can vary significantly depending on the individual. Like I say I think the main thing to help you recover as quickly as possible is to start to create that new life, although I appreciate it can be hard when you feel a bit depressed and withdrawn, but if you can force yourself to do so it will probably help you recover quicker. I was wondering do you have any hobbies or interests you could pursue to help you fill the time? Maybe even something that could involve joining some sort of group or club.

Anyway I hope that helps, take care, thanks for sharing and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    thanks for the advice,

My main hobbies are writing short stories and playing my guitar... both things i could do stoned!

I just am suprised at the jumped in paranoia levels since i stopped, im sure its my brain just freaking out at how much more alive it is lol, and hopefully this will go away

i might try and find some volunteer work somewhere, just to do some thing and meet some people

Thumbs up

Doing some volunteer work sounds like a great idea, it would be a great way of helping others and meeting new people, which is something you are really going to need. Here in the UK thereís a website called http://www.do-it.org.uk/ in the US thereís one called http://www.serve.gov/ , I am not sure where you live but if you search for the term ďvoluntary workĒ followed by where you live in Google you will probably find something similar. Great idea my friend and probably just what you need.

Take care

Cannabis Rehab Admin (formerly known as BFB)

Drug Rehabilitated for 8 years.

If this site has helped you please share it with others.

Unregistered Dale Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hi Hummer I found that the third week of detox was the worst and I almost caved but i would think how good it would be not to be a slave to drugs and how it has taken my life away and i did not want to start all over again. I always said to myself when i smoked i would give up the next day next week or the next year but before i knew it 37years had past and that's why i feel like i have wasted my life. I would like to tell you when you will feel better but everyone is different it was about the 6month mark i felt i was making progress so just keep a postive attitude and get plenty of exercise and things will get better I wish you all the best we all know what your going through just hang in there and keep posting.

Default hope U didnt cave!

Hummer:

Yes the first few weeks are bad, I would say probably the first few months. The dependency to see everthing through a Pot filter is very hard to destroy. Once you start living in realty mode stuff is so much stronger and painfull and you find yourself with a huge void.

But there is stuff you can do to help with the side effects... for starters keep doing the long walks maybe make longer.. the more you excersise the better. take thiamine it helps with the anxiety, no coffee or any caffeine drink for a while.. I found steam baths (sauna) helped sweating it out... drink a lot of water....

And of course you have to battle with your mind. When you stop smoking there is to much time left so you have to fill... If you can join any activity where you can make nonuser freinds is good. Read motivating stuff... meditate and repeat to yourself the reasons why you quit...never forget these. If you like short stories.. inspire yourself with these feeling use it.

And stay strong this is a fight worth fighting... you might have to put everything on a hold till you feel better but believe me you should!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising