+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I addicted to marijuana? - Addiction test

twitter

•    Sponsored Offer - Insurance Required

Drug-Rehab-Treatment

Default Am I addicted to marijuana? - Addiction test

Drug addiction test

The following 7 questions are based and established upon the American Psychological Association’s clinical diagnosis test for addiction, and if you truthfully answer Yes to 3 or more of the following questions regarding your behaviour for over the last year, then according to their test which is looking for the same pattern of addiction no matter what the drug you are addicted.

1. Has your drug or alcohol use led to an increase in tolerance? Does it take more of the drug to achieve the same effect?
    2. Do you experience any detox symptoms from a discontinuation of use, or do you use any substance that minimizes the effects of withdrawal.
    3. Do you ever use more of the drug, or use the drug more frequently than you had intended to?
    4. Have you tried and failed to cut down on your drug use?
    5. Do you spend a lot of time using, thinking about using, or recovering from your use? This is considered to be a preoccupation with the drug.
    6. Has your substance use caused you to stop doing worthwhile or enjoyable activities?
    7. Have you continued to use even in the face of adverse health or social consequences?

So, what’s your real score, no really? Did you score 3 or more? Remember this is just a basic but reliable way of diagnosing if your drug use has become a problem, this test is just checking for the basic classic pattern of addiction regardless of the drug, but there may also be other reasons for why you feel it has become a problem, all of which can be perfectly valid, including the fact that you feel it has, if you are not happy with your drug use then perhaps that is enough of a problem in its self. Anyway seven questions anybody who uses marijuana should probably ask themselves, it’s sometimes good to get an objective outsiders opinion based on that of qualified experts on patterns of addiction, that is outside your sub cultures typical doctrine or views and that applies to any type of drug use. Remember this is the test they use for all types of drug use and not prone to any kind of bias depending on the drug, it doesn’t matter how socially accepted it is within the circles you mix or subculture, the test is the same for all drugs. If you are an addict you are an addict it doesn’t matter what the drug is, the pattern of behaviour is always the same.

Cannabis Rehab Group Admin (formerly BFB)

Drug Rehabilitated for 8 years.

If this site has helped you please share it with others.

•    

Sponsored Links
      Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol  

• Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Other considerations

i have just finished reading a book unrelated to this subject that coincidentaly made I a good point a good point about addicts.
    I have used for 40 years quit cold turkey 33 days ago.I found it hit home with me.

The author was refering to people who get stuck in a habit, opinion, or way of life and suggested that these stuck or locked states were similar to those of a drug addict and he made the following observations.

He said there are three types of addicts.
    1) the wanton addict. this is the person who craves the drug at all costs and will do everything and anything they need to do to get their high.
    2) the willing addict. These are people who are aware of their addiction and it's consequenses but are willing to forsake their doubts in order to continue their use of the drug.
    3) the unwilling addict. these are the people who are addicted but feel a certain guilt, shame and loss about their habit. the author concludes that this third group are the people who are most likely to be successful in their attempt to quit.

I have to agree with this from personal exerience as I am one who has moved from the willing addict to the unwilling addict and finally made the decision to quit and so far so good.

Therefore I think it is important in as we move ahead in our rehabilitation to ask ourselves the question "what kind of addict am I ?'

this kind of questioning may indicate to us why we continue to smoke and help us decide the best method or reasons for giving it up.

The book by the way is "U-turn: what if you woke up one moning and realized you were living the wrong life?" by Bruce Grierson.

stay clear

rob.

Mel Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default marijuana addiction test

In my opinion addiction is when you lose control over the drug. And it controls you. You crave the drug, and you center your thoughts on getting the drug, using the drug and getting more of the drug.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default marijuana addiction test

To me addiction is when you feel that you have to take something.

Luke Cannabis Rehab Guest

I think if you have to do something every day then you are addicted.

Would you say that someone who smokes everyday but only in the evenings has a problem. I mean u dont call someone who enjoys a few beers after wrk everynight an alcoholic

Default Am I addicted to marijuana

That is a good question and to a certain extent a bit of a subjective thing. There aren’t really set amounts of consumption, that determine you have a problem with most drugs, other than alcohol there are no recommended limits, although if you are a heavy user of any drug, that can be an indication that you have a problem. I think it’s more of the case of rather than you control it, it controls you, if you feel you have to do it and can’t go without doing so, then you probably have an addiction, especially if you have to do it every day.

So in answer to your question if somebody has to have a “few” drinks a day, then they may well be addicted, just like if they have to have a few joints a day, they may well be addicted too. So maybe there are lots of people in society that are also addicted to various things, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, gambling, etc. But that does not make you any less addicted to what your addicted to.

The above test is probably a pretty good measure to go by, as if you leave it up to your own subjective judgement, it’s a well known fact that people who are addicted to something, whatever the addiction are often in denial and able to convince themselves that they are not.

Allot of people smoke marijuana every day and don’t even consider that they could be addicted, because they don’t think it’s even possible to be addicted to marijuana in the first place . But if you behaved that way with anything else, whether it was with a drug or a behaviour like gambling, it’s still recognised that you can have an addiction. Why is marijuana any different? Whether you believe it’s physical, psychological or whatever, an addiction is still an addiction.

The other thing to remember is whether you are addicted or not to any drug, doesn’t mean that your taking of that drug does you any less harm.

If you are certain you are not addicted to marijuana, try going without it for a couple of months and see how you do, if you are not addicted then you will not find it a problem.
    Cannabis Rehab Group Admin (formerly BFB)

Drug Rehabilitated for 8 years.

If this site has helped you please share it with others.

Regardless of whether you pass or fail whoever’s test, if you can’t go a couple of months without it then you are addicted.

Smile am i addicted to weed

i got 7 out of 7

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Would you say that someone who smokes everyday but only in the evenings has a problem. I mean u dont call someone who enjoys a few beers after wrk everynight an alcoholic
    actualy yea, they would be an alcoholic.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Advertising