Sponsored Offer - Insurance Required
Am I addicted to marijuana? - Addiction test
Drug addiction test
The following 7 questions are based and established upon the American Psychological Association’s clinical diagnosis test for addiction, and if you truthfully answer Yes to 3 or more of the following questions regarding your behaviour for over the last year, then according to their test which is looking for the same pattern of addiction no matter what the drug you are addicted.
1. Has your drug or alcohol use led to an increase in tolerance? Does it take more of the drug to achieve the same effect?
2. Do you experience any detox symptoms from a discontinuation of use, or do you use any substance that minimizes the effects of withdrawal.
3. Do you ever use more of the drug, or use the drug more frequently than you had intended to?
4. Have you tried and failed to cut down on your drug use?
5. Do you spend a lot of time using, thinking about using, or recovering from your use? This is considered to be a preoccupation with the drug.
6. Has your substance use caused you to stop doing worthwhile or enjoyable activities?
7. Have you continued to use even in the face of adverse health or social consequences?
So, what’s your real score, no really? Did you score 3 or more? Remember this is just a basic but reliable way of diagnosing if your drug use has become a problem, this test is just checking for the basic classic pattern of addiction regardless of the drug, but there may also be other reasons for why you feel it has become a problem, all of which can be perfectly valid, including the fact that you feel it has, if you are not happy with your drug use then perhaps that is enough of a problem in its self. Anyway seven questions anybody who uses marijuana should probably ask themselves, it’s sometimes good to get an objective outsiders opinion based on that of qualified experts on patterns of addiction, that is outside your sub cultures typical doctrine or views and that applies to any type of drug use. Remember this is the test they use for all types of drug use and not prone to any kind of bias depending on the drug, it doesn’t matter how socially accepted it is within the circles you mix or subculture, the test is the same for all drugs. If you are an addict you are an addict it doesn’t matter what the drug is, the pattern of behaviour is always the same.
Cannabis Rehab Group Admin (formerly BFB)
Drug Rehabilitated for 8 years.
If this site has helped you please share it with others.
Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol