Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Finally realize I NEED to stop cannabis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally realize I NEED to stop cannabis

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I have spent the last 10 years steadily smoking pot. It has gotten to the point where my once very efficient and "normal" brain cannot get through it's day to day functions without thinking of (and counting down the time to) my next smoke. My personal, professional and financial life has suffered immeasurably. I am fairly lost and don't know what to do. Reading some of the posts on here have helped put away those deluded, pot seeking thoughts that claim everything is ok. It is not. But I will not always be sitting at my computer in a self-contemplative state. I will be in the real world and I will have a real desire to obtain pot, or at least say yes when someone offers it.

Hi charliemc0709

You've made the first step in posting this message. Admitting you have a problem surely is a breakthrough?
    I'm on my 2nd evening without the drug and I'm not going to say it's easy because it's not and it's very early days but CannabisRehab.org really is a great help. If you decide to take the plunge and quit - and only you can - we're all here to help, offer advice and share. You don't have to go through it alone.

You're right, you are in the real world and your not always going to be at your computer, temptation will always be there but there are steps you can take to make it easier. I can only refer to my own experience and what has helped me but here goes:

1. Delete the numbers of your suppliers from all your phones
    2. Throw away everything in your house that is remotely connected to your habit (papers, pipes, storage tins, grinders, etc).
    3. Know that you will probably go through some sleepless nights and be prepared for that (you won't necessarily but its good to be prepared. I chose a weekend so that I wouldn't have to be up early the following day)
    4. Share your experiences with other rehab group users and take strength from other stories)

Good luck and well done for acknowledging your fear, that's precisely what my habit was - fear of living in reality.

Comment

It seems like we are going through somewhat of the same thing, up until last month I had been smoking for 11 straight years. The last year I had been wanting to detox more than anything and had cut back but was still using every day. The biggest thing I had to realize is that I and no one else could help me quit, YOU have to really want to do it. I would have never thought in a million years that i could ever be able to detox smoking. Its going to be 1 month on thursday and I have to say that it is only getting easier from this point. One of firs things I did was give away all of my glass bongs and bubblers that i had accumulated over the years. I felt that helped alot. Any way I hope you stay strong and dont give up becuase the satisfaction you will get from quitting is one of the greatest feelings ever!

Comment

it can be done

each of us only knows the true extent to how much pot has messed up our brains-mine is well fried lads-i was lost-its been 5 weeks now and despite haven it tough this week i just stuck in ther-

and its not about wantn to stop-i have to stop-its either that or keep on bein worried, paranoid and mixed up-that aint no good-i'm hopen this week goes better-either way in order for me to get my head together i have to keep not smokin-

i'd say stay away from pot for now-i mean sellers and smokers-at least for now-i'm stayen away from them yet cause thats how it is-because its hard doesnt mean its the wrong thing to do-a month or 2 of not seein certain people aint a long time-if thats wat it takes to clear ur head-

good luck dudes-let us know how ur gettn on-i'v a postacard thread explains how i'm doin up til now-taken my oil and not smokn pot

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
          Hi charliemc0709,

All the best for your new life!

I found the first 5 nights the worst, then the cravings calmed a bit but sleepless nights and feeling **** continued for a while. We are all different and our usage near the end will no doubt vary.

Try to slow down before stopping as suggested by the BFB, I couldn’t though. You can do it, 18 years on and over two weeks off for me now.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X