Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Day 2 of no weed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 2 of no weed

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Greetings all,

Today is day two of no weed. My hands are sweaty, I am having heart palputations and am totally distracted thinking about NOT getting high, which I guess is a good thing. I am realizing how much time I spent buying, cleaning and sneeking off to get high I spent. I am underemployed (working part time when what I need is full time work) and spend a great deal of time alone. I am going to my first NA meeting today. I am excited and scared. I am 50 years old and spent most of my adult life high or drunk. I know I probably need talk therapy but can't afford it so you guys are going to be my therapist OK? Thank goodness today I am busy, that will help keep my mind off of getting high. Any suggestions for the physical withdraws?

I hope we will be able to offer you some support, as far as the detox symptoms go to certain extent you just have to ride them out, although there may be certain things that help, like limiting your caffeine intake, eating healthily (lots of complex carbs), hot baths, exercise, etc. I have done a list of all the tips I could find, you may want to check it out, How to detox smoking marijuana.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions about coping with the physical side of detoxing...but as for therapy..I'm in Australia, and we have free drug counselling services..they're attatched to the public health system, but seperate...there's also womens services here (free)for anything and everything that women are dealing with..they have all types of proffesionals there and I am finding it really helpful..just to talk through all the stuff..I cerainly can't afford a psychologist either! But my drug counsellor is a psychologist and she's lovely to boot. I don't know whats available in ur part of the world..there's a place on CannabisRehab.org u can go for info specific to ur country...but I was amazed at how much help I could get when I investigated it....where r u from? Perhaps others here are in the same country and can advise you on where u can go for some help...ur dr might know too...or whoever diagnosed you with ur condition...its worth a shot! Support is so vital. Good on you for making it to day 2...best wishes...keep us posted!

Comment

Good tips all of those.

Managing the psychological aspect can be the hardest, the withdrawals will go pretty quick usually but the 'want' that can be perceived as a 'need' can often linger.

Make sure you know exactly why you are quitting and know all the positive things that come from it. The goal setting part is really important so that when your mind starts to wanted and starts forgetting about your 'want' to detox there is still your internal 'need' to detox to combat it if that makes sense.

Also, if you slip up DON'T WORRY!

You dont stop running a race if you stumble and you don't go back to the start. Just keep on moving and you will get there

Comment

3 days great dude

hope its goin well dude-6 weeks ago i was in ur shoes-check my threads -my brain was well hammered-now 6 weeks on i def feel far far better-even laughing-shock horror!

its a case of keep busy., know ur doin the right thing, and take ur oil for a bit-some days 'll be good-some will be okay-and some will be days from stressed out messed up hell-u'll think ur mad!but ur not-i was smokin dope all day every day-for years-i stopped drinkin far too heavily 7 years ago and smoked a truck load of pot instaead-ther wer loads of major issues that i avoided-now they need to ne be faced-if u dont do it now then all those undealt with issues will grow and badly blossom and get u down

u'll be fine dude-just hang in ther on the bad days-if i'da deserted island i cuda wetnt off to for 6 weels i wud have-i was nearly on me way to a hare krhrisna group-no joke-got stoned instead

being dependant on dope is as serious as drink or anything else-people who dont know will belittle it-u know its got too much-decide to take a break-say for a month-then re evaluate the situation in a month's time-think about previous months gettin stoned and doin nought else-a month aint long-head down-duck and hide-stay away fro other smokers-u'll be fine-cause now after 6 weeks i'm sorta thinkin-i feel okay-i cud smoke again-wrong-i feel okay cause i'm not smokin-and u will 2 dude-good liuck!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
            Hi Donna G,

How goes it? Hope everythings ok in your part of the world. Hope the detoxing isn't getting you down too much and that the na meetings are helping. Please let us know how you're doing..you're part of the cyber family now and we're here for you, remember that. Peace.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X