Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Cannabis marijuana addiction hypnosis treatment for quitting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannabis marijuana addiction hypnosis treatment for quitting!

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi guys,

This is my first post here and I am very happy I found this forum.
    I have been going through the roughest time of my life. Who say marijuana is not addictive is a complete liar. Yes for some people is easy to detox but for others this might be the hardest thing to do.

I used to smoke from 3 to 6 J's a day for over 5 years now.
    I heard of a very good hypnotherapist in my area that might help and I went to try for a few sessions to detox marijuana. My first session went great as soon as I came out of the office I did not want to look at it again. Yes it's that powerful! But soon after I started to get very down and depressed and did not eat for 2 days. I was thinking that hypnotherapy was making me worse as I was getting anxiety and irritability. These effects passed after 2 or 3 days after and still smoked like 1 or half a J a day (an improvement).

I did my second session (2 days ago) where things went worse and even feelings of depression. This was what I did not understand! Hypnotherapy made my mind just quit marijuana and so the process was very fast. I had to go to a psychotherapist because I was not trusting hypnotherapy and thought that it is closing 1 door in my mind and opening 100 but that was not the case.

So this is my second day that I did not touch anything and gave away what I had left. I am feeling better but got some mild medication to soften the depression and anxiety. I had no idea this was going to be this bad but to think that I had made this step in my life is a great accomplishment for me and as I was reading, many others as well.

Pray for me couse I really need it Guys, if you are like me and quitting is very hard, please go check with a hypnotherapist. It is not magic but it is the closest to magic as you can get. This is a good track I have found and I don't want to go back to where I was before.

Detoxification is a hard process but worth every minute.

I would really like to thank you for CannabisRehab.org as it will help a lot of people as it is helping me.

Regards

Hi Steve welcome to the forum.

It’s great to hear hypnosis is really helping you out, some of the anxiety and depression you have experienced are perfectly natural detox symptoms from giving up pot, lots of people experience them so it may not be the hypnosis, in fact it’s probably a lot more likely to be the detox of dope. I know hypnosis may not work for everyone as there are different levels of susceptibility to it, but for those who it does work for it can be a really powerful tool, so it’d definitely worth a try. Good luck and if it’s working stick with it. If anybody does want to try hypnosis for quitting marijuana this cannabis rehab site has a specially designed program. Marijuana addiction hypnosis

Thanks for sharing, take care and please keep us posted on how it goes. Well done on what you have achieved so far!
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

4th day without smoking! Cannot say that I am craving for it thanks to hypnosis but the detox symptoms are there. Had to get mild medications from my GP to help me cope at least for the coming weeks. The thing is, after all I am going through I know I will not go back to that S..t! It is just not worth it and thinking on how much more money I am going to have not spending on it makes me more happy.

Comment

It's interesting to read that hypnosis works. Can you describe what happens during a session or do you not remember what went on?

Also, just my opinion but, be careful not to replace one addiction with an other, that is commercial medications.

I to felt some kind of down after quitting, and still do sometimes. When I do, I just try to recenter myself by taking deep breaths, trying to find the thought, the feeling of loss that made me depressed and try to let it go. My main source of depression is the feeling to loose all source of fun in my life. Over the last 25 years, my fun times were always on pot. I sometimes feel like I am becoming dull and boring without pot. Yesterday I asked my wife about that. I asked her if she preferred me when I was stoned or sober. She said she preferred me the way I am now. I asked her if she did find me boring and she said hell no. To her, I am more present.

Also, a walk under the sun, without shades, helps a lot. I noticed that I spent most of my days without much light. When I went outside, I used to wear shades. I noticed that without shades, I wake up to my environment. When I do take a walk outside like this, I again take deep breath, letting go of my monkey mind and try to see things just as they are, trying to discover things that I had never looked at, the trees, the feeling of the wind, the noise of the wind, the behavior of insects, the sounds of my neighborhood.

When I come back home, I don't feel the loss as much because I come back with something new. The depression feelings fade with that sense of loss.

But quitting an addiction is no easy task because addictive persons tend to define their own self through the object of addiction. When you quit the addiction you quit that side of you and you have to mourn yourself.

Comment

You have to be careful of who prescribes the medication Doublehaze. Sometimes when we cannot cope with somethings we need to refer to these but with a professional help. It has something to do with serotonin levels of the brain which makes you feel depressed and down (SSRI). Unfortunately that is what's happened to me after the sessions and it seems very rare but it also have to do with quitting the addiction in a very short period of time. A good friend of mine also quit but on his own and without help and he too had to take some medication but that is different for everybody.

As for hypnosis it works different on everyone. I didn't go in a deep trance so I was very much awake and aware of my surroundings and could wake anytime I wanted. I don't know what happens during a deep trance but as my hypnotherapist told me that they cannot tell you to do things or say things that you don't want too. All I can say is that after the first session I just didn't want to smoke anymore. I feel like I never smoked the drug in my whole life so I don't crave for it. It has worked for me and I believe it can work on many people. I couldn't stop using marijuana on my own and have tried many times so I had to find an alternative and I am happy I found hypnosis worked. The thing is, if someone really want to stop there are many ways and one of them will work.

Comment

A link you might find of interest:

http://www.ei-resource.org/articles/...otonin-levels/

Comment

Wow thanks Doublehaze this will surely help!

Comment

http://www.hypnosis.ac/Drug%20Treatment.htm

Just found this!

Comment

Hi guys,

Still not touched anything and feeling like I won something now. But dammit the detox symptoms still persists. I was very down yesterday and without motivation. I guess depression lasts more then I thought. I am getting moody now too! And also antidepressants don't work for about 2 - 3 weeks since you start so I'm going true the hardest times of my life. Sometimes I want to break down and cry although I don't want too but it's uncontrollable.The good thing is I still don't crave for it so that is helping me a lot. Anyone experienced long depression symptoms and mood swings? Damn what have I done? If I know all this could happen I would'nt have touched anything in my life.

Comment

I just want to add that I have found hypnosis to be very helpful, that and theanine have really helped to reduce my detox symptoms. Thanks for the tip guys.

Comment

Steve I had the mood swings, feeling down in the dumps and tearful, apathy etc, it was hardcore.
                      Mine lasted for about 4 months, it was quite a confusing time, it does get easier though.
                      Glad to hear hypnotherapy worked out for you, I qualified as a hypnotherapist recently. It was really interesting and I've had some good results with it.

Comment

Hi R3XXY it’s great to hear you recently qualified as a hypnotherapist, you only had to see how Derron Brown (UK TV showman) stuck half the nation to their chairs to see how powerful it can be, I think it has the potential to help a lot of people, it helped me to detox smoking cigarettes. Of course susceptibility will vary from individual to individual, but for most I think it is definitely worth a shot.

Well done on quitting, take care.
                        Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Cheers BFB, if anyone wants any information about hypnotherapy: What to expect , how to find and recognise a good therapist, how it works, principles, processes, ideology etc
                          I can give them my msn addy via email so they can pick my brain.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                            Hypnotherapy as an alternative to marijuana

I picked up on this discussion through Twitter. I am a hypnoherapist so I thought I might be able to offer some insights into hypnosis. I wrote a blog recently which covers the subject. I can't post a link here but you can find it through HypnoSharon on Blogger.

The important thing whenever you are using hypnotherapy is to understand what you are worried will be the downside of what you are changing and what you will gain from it. It's important to make sure you're making a change because you want to, not because other people want you to.

Sometimes you may not think it's possible to change what you're doing but that's because you're still using your old way of thinking. Hypnotherapy helps you to think about things in a different way so new behaviour is more acceptable to you and it's not hard work.

Different things work for different people because everyone's mind works differently. Hypnotherapy is one option, Chinosis, EFT, EMDR or NLP are other options. All of them can be effective but some people prefer one over another.

The great thing about hypnosis is that it can take you into an altered state of consciousness where you can chill out and enjoy whatever you want because your mind thinks the experience is real.

I hope that helps. Please do ask away if you have any questions.

Best Wishes
                            Sharon

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X