Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

New Here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi, sorry couldn't find the "Newcomers" thread.

I haven't been smoking pot for that long. I started at 16 and I'm 19 now. I gotta admit I've had some good times with it as I'm sure all of you did as well. But there comes a time when you're just tired of having the voice in ur head telling you that you won't have a good time unless you blaze.

I basically just got tired of feeling dependant on it. Not only that but my short term memory has worsened dramatically and lately I've been experiencing more and more paranoid highs.

On June 2nd it's going to be 1 month since I smoked weed. For me, right now is the toughest time to resist the temptation and a couple of days ago I literally put a spliff to my lips and was about to inhale but managed to pass it on instead. The thing is that after some time passes all the bad experiences from smoking start to fade from your memory and you just want to get ripped again with all your buddies.

I've tried quitting before and made it to a month, then took that one toke to "reward" myself and went downhill from there.

To end on a good note I want to say that after a month of not smoking I feel smarter, more decisive and motivated and just generally better about myself. Quitting is absolutely worth it!

P.S: Glad I found this site!
    Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body

Well done, U!!!!!

Hi Legatus,

Well done mate..nearly a month...yay you!!! I mean that. Resisting temptation is the eternal struggle for addicts...rejecting the lies your brain tells you about why 1 more j would be alright, cos that part is hard, especially when you've been stopped for a while and feel better...sometimes it makes you think that you could handle it now...

This site is a great wake up call for those times...and the support and encouragement give you the boost you need to keep putting one foot in front of the other and just step over the hurdles...and keep going! I'm so glad you found this site...it will make those times easier to handle.

Congratulations on passing up the spliff...that took a lot of strength...I'm not gonna tell u a right way to do things cos there isn't a right way for all of us, but perhaps u need to distance yourself from those situations for a little while...keep away from the temptation, so to speak...for myself, thats the only way I can be sure I won't cave right now...even after nearly six weeks I don't trust myself, cos it would only take 1 toke to undo all the good I'v worked so hard to obtain...and the battle has been too bitter and intense for me to want to start over again..I'm an all or nothing girl, so if I had a puff, it would turn into a whole j..then another..then another..you get the picture! Just a suggestion.

You've done really well and I hope you keep us posted on how you go...we'll celebrate the victories and console u in the bad times...always remember that..this site is for exactly that purpose...for people like us to help and support each other in the struggle. Peace.

Comment

Legatus, good job!!

I know exactly what you mean when you talk about forgetting the bad times smoking weed.

Comment

Thanks you guys, feels good being able to relate to someone

Comment

Hi Legatus welcome.

We often have mixed feelings about smoking pot, most of us do have some good memories, but for many of us the more we did it the more they became fewer and further between, until you get to the stage where you are better off without it. Smoking pot gave me memory problems too and my highs also became more and more paranoid. Well done on your efforts, you are doing really well.

Take care and please keep us posted on how it goes. Thanks for sharing.
          Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Hi Legatus It's not been that long for me so I'm really happy for you and you give me and others more courage to stay on. Everyone gets temptations now and then. I always remind myself that I had some good and funny times when I smoked with my pals but that's all in the past and now it's a new chapter in my life. I am not leaving my friends no way because they are my life and we are so close. Today I can say that I have good friends and not even if I ask them to smoke with them they will not give me for sure.

We have to find alternatives to get our mind of it like training and going out maybe drink a beer (1 not 100). Life is a changing trip where a chapter ends and another one begins and I believe that it's the beauty of it. Whenever you feel like smoking just think of all the good things you gained when you quit.
            We won a life trophy mate so be better hold tight to it.

Congratulations friend!

Comment

excellent

yes it's so easy to be messed up with pot-stop -feel better-then start again-u made a wise move stoppin-as u say u feel better-its 2 weeks for me tomorrow and i hope to never go back again-

well done dude-ur showing others that it can be done

Comment

Hey, decided to do a little update.

Still haven't blazed! It's been about 5 weeks now and i'm damn proud of myself. Cutting down this much made me realize that i am generally a happy person and i don't need to be high to have a good time.

Another thing that i've noticed is emotional growth (i've read a thread about this before). Now that i'm sober most of the time i can control situations rather than having them control me. That alone is a confidence booster.

I'd have to say that the temptations are almost gone now, the more you resist the more headstrong you become.

Quitting pot also motivated me to live a healthier life style in general, so I came up with "monthly challenge". Basically every 2nd day of every month I will either kick a bad habit or adopt a good one and stick with it. On june 2nd I quit smoking (cigarettes) and so far i'm holding up alright. This is actually working out for me because it takes my mind off from thinking about pot. Next month i'll probably start hitting the gym.

As far as the withdrawl symptoms go i've been getting headaches lately but nothing too intense. Also, my dreams have been getting a lot more vivid.

I guess that's bout it. Keep on keeping on guys, it gets easier once you start getting used to not smoking pot as part of your daily routine.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                  The emotional growth can be amazing, I know it has been for me. Well done on your achievement so far you are doing really well!

Take care and please keep us posted.
                  Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X