Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Do marijuana effects last forever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do marijuana effects last forever?

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    hi, i have stopped smoking treez for 3 weeks now, i started about 4 months ago and every since i stopped i feel very anxious, and confused sometimes....hard to explain. the first time i started smoking i smoked a bowl, and every time after that i would smoke more, after about a month from the 1st bowl i would smoke till i couldnt move...i smoked a lot, after a while i was always paranoid, i thought everyone was plotting things against me and there was no point to life, sometimes i felt bipolar. i was the exact opposite of this before i smoked pot. Anyways, i was wondering if the confusing/lost feeling i get now will ever go away?

Hi confused,

Firstly mate...congratulations...3 weeks is a big achievement and u should be very proud of urself.

The anxiey, depression and confusion thing does pass..it lessons a little every day,
    although I still have some issues after 6 weeks...but I have an anxiety disorder as well so thats gotta be taken into account.

I'm a bit concerned about you, in that you were only smoking for a short time, although u hit it hard, but sometimes pot can spark off a pre disposed problem...I'm not an expert on this but I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to go see a dr to check that out...cos if its solely the detoxing u will feel better soon, but if the pot has caused a chain reaction within your brain and ur one of the unlucky ones, you won't feel better until it gets sorted...please don't think I'm accusing u of being gaga, cos I'm not...its just that I'v heard of other people..seen other people.. who have smoked pot for a while and ended up in trouble cos of what it did to them...it set off something that may or may not have happened if they hadn't smoked...pot just triggered it...they're the nicest people mate and not stark raving lunitics, but they have been thru a lot of anguish and suffering..I would hate to think of that happening to you...and I'm not saying it will or that u have some problem caused by smoking.. It could be something that needs to be considered thats all... in my case I went and talked to my doc as a precaution.. pot messed with my head badly and I have had to change everything basically about the way I think....had to come up with other ways to cope, besides hiding...deal with things for the first time and face cold hard reality in the face. It sux!!! so that could also be a factor for you...again I'm not an expert, but your dr would surely be able to help with ur concerns. But..3 weeks is hardly time enough to know something like that....certainly too short a time to go into panic mode about feeling anxious or confused...cos that would just make things worse and make u feel even more anxious and confused! I'v just become a big believer in trying to nip problems in the bud before they blow up in your face..and I know sometimes it can feel like things will last forever..sometimes it feels like the sh't won't stop no matter what u do...but it will stop...things will settle down...normality could be just around the corner...if normal is what ur looking for!...I'm kinda wierd and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Comment

these effects should pass soon, most people start feeling better between 4-8 weeks. your brain is stil confused why it isnt geting any more pot everyday like it used to, the longer you go without the better. hippychick is right, go talk to your doc about it soon if you feel better or not, you wont be the first or last cannabis smoker they have seen and a quick chat will help put your mind at ease and rule out any other problems. but im sure its because you have only just quit, the early stages are the hardest and your emotions are all over the place

Comment

37years

Hi confused at the moment i feel the same way it's 3.am on day 21 for me here i was thinking 2 days ago i was over the worst of it but it's bloody hit me like a truck yesterday very depressed and i'm very anxious. I had to expect hard times because i was on it for so many years i can't even think at the moment having trouble even writing this keep thinking it can only get better. My wife gets back from a holiday today not looking foward to the sound of a gurgling bong but i have got to stay strong and determined to prove to myself i can do it. so hang in there mate we will do it together don't give up please kind reguards Dale.

Comment

Hi guys,

It's 4:30 am here on the 6 week, 2 day mark....yep the insomnia can come in waves as well, I've found out..just like all the other stuff. I just wanted to reassure you, confused and dale (congratulations again to you both...3 weeks is not much in the scheme of things but its an eternity when ur detoxing....so u'v both done extremely well) that it really does get better. I have no idea how long it lasts....cos 1 day I'm up and the next I'm a mess and emotionally all over the place...the anger bit is the most confusing for me cos I'm not that kind of person usually, but the yucky days get fewer and further between. Sometimes its really hard to keep in mind its all part of the process when ur rite in the midst of one of the low days,that it will end..eventually!

Dale...is there any way your wife would agree to smoke privately...away from u so you don't have to hear or smell it? A room or place in your house that she could go, just to help you out a bit? I feel for you matey...would she agree to that kind of plan...not as a critisism of her choice, but to show respect for yours? Thats the only thing I can think of to even suggest...I'm lucky cos my house is a pot free zone now which makes it so much easier in that regard...you are very strong to have gone 3 weeks with the temptation and the availability right there..I really applaud u for that..I just don't think I could have done it...even now, I don't trust myself so ur a champion in my opinion!

Confused...I just wanted to tell you again that I don't want to make you feel any worse than u already do...the emotional part of detoxing is much much harder than the physical side effects..lasts longer...and god knows how long it takes to finally end, but again it does get better, I promise. Like I mentioned before, the doc can help u with all the negative feelings and if you're feeling overwhelmed by things ur experiencing, I really recommend u talk to them. I felt so much better after I talked to mine, and most of it was just a reasurrance that I wasn't losing my mind, cos I certainly felt like I was!! And cos I have friends who have had problems I was really scared I had done something more lasting to my brain. My experiences have made me extra cautious of the trauma ur brain can put u thru...in myself and in others, especially when pot is added to the equation, cos you can't get away from your own mind when ur straight and cos I know how much pot can affect your thoughts even when you stop smoking the stuff...it truly sux.

Take care, both of you and please keep us posted...we truly want to be there for you and help however we can..Peace.

Comment

Wow, thanks for posting guys/chicks just reading what you have said has helped me a lot.

Comment

after 3 weeks ur over most of the detoxin bit-but now u'll start to feel better somedays-and then maybe extra worse on the next day-my guess is like someone above-between 4 and 8 weeks-ur brain can mix u up-make u question wat ur at-

if i said to u could u handle 8 weeks of hell to get ur head cleared-would u accept it-cause thats a bit of an exageration but its a bit true too-because u feel good one day-that might mean that its over-it could also just be a good day in the middle of a lot of sh'it-but the sh'it will pass-in the time scale i mentioned-its too easy for us to think that we'v done irreparable harm-i dont think u have-ur syptoms are normal wen ur gettin out of the pot mindframe-it can drive u bonkers some days-

my advice is to hang in ther-enjoy it wen its not so bad and hang on tighter wen it feels too much-cause if u stick at it now u'll get there dude-working on percentages u'v about 50% done-ur still alive and aint killed anybody so its all good-hope u get thro the seconfd half okay-pot fu'cks ur head-dont worry bout u being any different-cause maybe u'v pals who blast away and are fine-it gets some people down-like me-stay firm and u'll be okay dude-

Comment

Hi confused welcome.

There are some who suffer long term problems triggered by using marijuana, but most from what I have heard once they have stopped for a while do get better. The detox of marijuana in its self can cause anxiety, depression and other psychological symptoms, but detox symptoms do pass, although it can vary a great deal from person to person how long they last, for some it may be a relatively short space of time for others it may take several months, but usually no more than six.

Take care and please keep us posted on how it goes.
                Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Hey guys, i can't believe this post is still online lol...awesome... thanks for the support if any of you are still on here, it really helped.

Comment

Hey confused, how is it going?

Thanks for checking back, I am so happy we were able to be of some help.

Take care and all the best.
                    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                      Thanks to all

I know I'm about five years late, but when it comes to thanking all of you I don't think I'm ever too late. I've been clean for about 3 weeks and I'm deffinitely hitting a low point right now but reading all this had really reassured all the good thoughts in my head and is helping block the bad ones. Just wondering for those who have detoxed completely how long until all this depression passes and at what kind of doctor should I find for my issues? Again thanks so much to everyone in this thread!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X