Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Cannabis, Pot, Weed, Dope, Marijuana Addiction!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannabis, Pot, Weed, Dope, Marijuana Addiction!

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I have been smoking pot for 40 years and I want to quit, but I cant. I cant get through the withdrawal. I have no one to do this with. I have the problems of not sleeping, very angry, no appetite, way intense dreams, very anxious and nervous. Probably a bunch more too but this is good for now. Is there, other than perscription drugs, any help to curb the so called detox of the evil weed? Please help!

Ur not alone any more

Hi Biggles,

Sorry I can't really help you with advice about withdrawals..except to say that counselling, CBT and mindfullness (which is a bit like meditation but works on accepting your thoughts..acknowledging the feelings without letting them overwhelm you....cos I can't meditate, its too damn hard to 'clear ur mind'..)has helped me heaps. Identifying the underlying causes of why u smoke sux even more than the detoxing symptoms I have found..but its really important cos that way you can learn new stategies for dealing with the things that made u escape in the first place...but facing those things is really difficult.

Like u, I had no support system for this...but I found this forum, buddy and I have never looked back, ever...these people have become my na, my friends and family, my counsellor and guides all rolled into one. So, the best advice I can give you is to come here..often...all day if you need to..I'v done it..and if there's anyone at all in your world that could support you, please consider letting them...its hard, I know, but it makes a big difference.

The detox is hard...the journey is hard, but its the pot talking when you think you can't do it....pot robs u of so much and the first thing it takes is ur self esteem...ur sense of value or ability to do anything but stay a pothead...I just want to reassure you of that. I couldn't think myself capable of quitting either...not in a million years..but the longer u go without pot, the more strength and confidence u gain...and the longer u stay off pot buddy, the better you feel all round...its a completely different life, a different perspective on everything, especially yourself.

So believe in yourself..ur not alone in this..we are all here with you and for you...lean on us..it sounds corny but its true..we'll help u any way u can...there's nothing more important than a little understanding and compassion at this time...u will make it through this...u really will...don't be afraid to share anything and always keep in mind that ur not alone any more..I'm repeating myself because I know that feeling mate, its awful...and although it is a personal struggle to quit..a personal decision....its also something that we understand about, relate to perfectly and we feel for you cos of how dark it can be..how hopeless and despairing you can get. Welcome mate. Welcome to the rehab group and welcome to a circle of friends that are here always...always. Take care of urself...please believe in ur worth, cos you are valuable and special...and again, always know that we're here. Peace and strength to you.

Comment

Cannabis, Pot, Weed, Dope, Marijuana Addiction!

Hi Biggles welcome

No you are not alone anymore, all of us here are either going through it or have been through marijuana addiction. Have you ever tried hypnosis? Not everybody is susceptible to it, but there are an awful lot who are and for those who it does work it can be a really powerful tool.

You might want to try these guys. Cannabis addiction hypnosis.

Take care and please keep us posted on how it goes.
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

you are truly not alone

I am at work attempting to figure out what i am going to do after work, since i decided that today i will not smoke weed. I was looking for someone to talk to, some hope, some inspiration and i found this forum. It is good to know that i am not alone. I try and talk to my friends about my desire to quit, but they do not have that same desire, so i have no one to help me through the boredom. I do not seem to experience withdrawls, at least nothing physical, but i have not stopped smoking chronic for more than 3 days. Typically when i used to smoke low grade (bammer) i could stop for a month or two until i accomplished whatever i needed to do, now that i have been smoking more potent high grade weed, i am stuck, i can not seem to get passed 2 days.
        the drug has not affected my work performance, i cant let it, it is how i support my bad habit, but it has affected my personality, I DO NOT DO ANYTHING ANYMORE, except what is neccessary to sustain life. I was once active and social, an avid reader, and goal oriented, now i buy books but dont read them, i stay in the house after work, i do not socialize with anyone besides the drug smokers, and my goal is to SCORE, after work. Enough is enough, i know better and i want better, so today after work i will not smoke, i will not blow 30.00 dollars worth of smoke today, wish me luck!

Comment

Herbal Help

G'day Biggles,

I've been using these forums to get through my addiction and now am on Day 7 of not smoking. You were asking what helps with the withdrawls and I may have an answer. You can go to your local supermarket or chemist and pick up some herbal tablets called St Johns Wort. Basically its just a plant that helps with mood support and has very little to no side effects. I've been using it for the past 7 days and my cravings for a good session have been minimal. Don't know if I could of gotten this far without the wort. Its made it extremely easy. Only thing it does not help with is the crazy dreams. But its completely destroyed my anxiety's and just made me generally feel more interested in the simple things in life.

I hope this helps. Life is pretty darn awesome when your not on the pot. Don't know why I didn't try to give up earlier when I wanted too.

Comment

i quit weed

Hi, i decided to detox the drug after smoking for almost five years, on a daily basis for the most part. I wasnt someone who smoked to relieve stress, or escape..i just really enjoyed being hi. It was something fun to do with friends. What prompted me to detox or to really initally was to cut back was the last couple of times I smoked, my heart would race and i felt on the verge of having a panic attack...i've only had one panic attack before and it was the drug induced. So i quit and on the second day i started experiencing symptoms of what i now know was withdrawl, i started to feel anxiety,slight depression,insomnia,and just a general feeling of not feeling like myself. After these feelings started i decided that i wasnt going to smoke at all. Well i lasted until day 5, i wasnt craving to be hi, but i smoked to relieve the symptoms i was feeling...and it didnt work, i actually think it made it worse. So now I am on day 19 of not smoking at all. The symptoms have gradually went down, but they still come and go through out the day. I've started to be kinda depressed because it just seems like these feelings will never go away. this cannabis rehab site helps hearing other people have and are going through the same thing. I am just curious as to how long most people's symptoms last before they are non existant.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
              Thc in the brain

I smoked in college the first time and I have not stopped ever since, I am now 44 and living in Spain where we have the best Amsterdam the drug in Europe and quitting the drug is almost impossible, even after succesfully quitting coke and drinking and 2 re-habs... the drug is crazy because it really is very difficult to stop and it all revolvs around self-esteem and persona, as a person wrote above... sports is the only way, sports goals, I am going to try to do a triathlon next year, I have a sea and beach to run, I am lucky... I have trainning for a year sometimes stonned but thinking about getting into better shape and better heath is helping me stop ... step by step... never abruptly, but reducing with better heath... sports can include all kinds of work-outs, all must be drug-free, yet for example, as suggested above, a herb in pills, such as guaraná will provide great sweating and energy... **** the weed!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X