Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Marijuana Isolation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana Isolation

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Marijuana has made me isolate myself completely from people I have loved and befriended since childhood.
    I honestly don't even know myself anymore.
    Bad feeling.

Hi night nurse welcome.

I too became very isolated, I completely withdrew from people and didn’t want to see anybody, I would actually panic when the phone or door bell rang and wish they would just go away. Since I have quit I have got a lot better.

Thanks for sharing and take care.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Hi Night Nurse,

Its amazing how much pot can take over..how much you can separate yourself from people..but you don't have to feel isolated any more, cos ur here and even tho its the great big cyberworld, the friendship, the desire to help u, the encouragement and support..they're all real..and they make such a difference. Ur not alone any more mate, I promise you that...you're neva alone here.

I'm like BFB..I used to ignore the phone and not answer my door...just wanted to stay in my sad little bubble and wanted everyone else to leave me alone..even when I wasn't stoned. But Rehab Admin is so right...quitting changes things, slowly but surely, ur whole world opens up and u lose the fear and the need to isolate urself from everyone..you get urself back and that is such a gift..such a precious gift. So don't lose hope mate..please know we're here...and that you can once again embrace the people and friendships that mean so much to you..maybe not overnight, but eventually things get better..starting with your own perception of urself and a growing belief that life is worth living and not hiding from..and the realisation that ur worth the effort...thats really important to keep in mind..you are important..pot is not the sum total of who you are, although it can feel like that at times. Welcome mate...we're here for you if u need us...in good times and bad. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Rehab Admin View Post
        Hi night nurse welcome.

I too became very isolated, I completely withdrew from people and didn’t want to see anybody, I would actually panic when the phone or door bell rang and wish they would just go away. Since I have quit I have got a lot better.

Thanks for sharing and take care.
        Oh, how I can relate.

I just wanted to create my own defined reality in my apartment. I would have everything in order to get high- music, movie, whatever. I would think this time will be awesome, only to sit depressed for hours while high and isolating.

And the next day I would chase the same high, and again, and again...

And I still romanticize it at times, sometimes for weeks. Even after 6 months clean.

The insanity of addiction.

Night Nurse, welcome. I can relate to what you are saying. When activites aren't good enough anymore without weed. When I just needed the pot, and my friends became secondary. Isolation.

Things can only get better being clean and sober. You are here for a reason. Remember that reason, because to someone who is addicted, it is easy to forget.

Comment

Hi night nurse i have a small acreage and i used to chain the front gate so people could not visit i am on day 23 clean after 37 years . It has been a real battle i am so depressed but i know i have to do this because this is my last chance so i hope reading all the posts will help you like it has helped me all the best Dale.

Comment

I always feel scared wen my phone rings even wen its a close friend i think i just cant handle talking to you rite now..i know its stupid but at the time i just cant do it and im feeling like that with more and more things. Its as though i cant cope with life anymore. I told myself the drug suited my personality cause i liked stayin in rather then going out gettin drunk and it was something do enjoy while sitting in. But i never imagined it taking over and me never wanting to go out. Its like i cant be bothered to make the effort anymore and I feel just like night nurse i cant recognise myself. It feels rubbish but if we know its not rite there must be hope. How long will these cravings last? I would do anything to be the old me and not think about weed. without it I just cant relax.

Comment

It’s hard to say how long the cravings will last it can be different for everybody, but I think most people feel a lot better after a few weeks, although for some it can take longer. the drug can really change your personality it did mine, but things do improve after you quit, hang in there, things will get better.

Take care
              Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

isolation can be so empty

u are how u feel-and wen u dont feel good about urself its hard to do anything-its like ur behind a block and the real u is trapped-u can free urself dude-u know u need to and that's a start-

its so easy to cut urself off-and the more u smoke the mopre u cut urself off-u need to release urself-that starts with stoppin the smoke-its a process-do small things to start with-they'll all add up to a better u-good luck dude-

Comment

It's terrible feeling. I remember crawling around on my hands and knees when the door bell went so that the person couldn't see me through the windows.

Hang in there. Life will get better. But if you are feeling like this weed is not helping you. You should stop smoking weed at the moment because cutting yourself off is the last thing you need right now.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                    June 30-September 9

ever present and family reconciling but it wasnt enough - i wasnt enough. the sadness and the isolation and the nervousness/anxiety from withdrawing from smoking canibas. i saw much lite in him, and now the walls are bavk up, avoiding me, completely backed in his mind. i feel empty and lonely he sees right through me, rides shead of me, walks away from me. I miss how his eyes would lit up seeing me coming towards him and wouldnt let go of my hand wherever whenever near each other, now he lits up in the bedroom and will be in the bathtub for hours at a stretch. im not resentful, it is just as it is. i pray love evolves, i pray for the willingness not to judge him. I pray to know the difference.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X