Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Quitting cannabis tomorrow need help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting cannabis tomorrow need help?

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi this is my first thread. i have hopfully just had my last splif and iv sed that a hundred times but this time i want to really stick to it. Is there anyone who would like a quitting buddy cause i need help! Would be good to have someone to chat with wen ill no doubt be sitting up with insomnia! Looking at all your posts has made me get to this point and realise I need to stop sooner rather then later. Im still at the point where I dont really believe I can do this so would be great to have someone who understands wen im feel like caving in!

I will try and update how im doing and hope to here anyone else past experiances they had over the first few days of quitting?

Hi girl.interupted welcome.

I found the first few days of quitting quite tough. I think most people do, but they do pass. There are plenty of others here going through the same thing so you are not alone. The insomnia can be a bit of a pain, but after the first few days it usually starts to calm down a bit.

Take care and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

My situation was a bit different, but so is everyone. Basically, I spiraled down into deep depression in December of last year. My the drug habit played a big part in cutting myself off from people, and a big part in wrecking a relationship. I couldn't bear to smoke anymore, as I knew how I used the drug to separate myself from people who are important to me. So in essence, I was "shocked" into stopping, as a lot of things hit at once. In this sense, it wasn't difficult at first to not use.

Now life is more comfortable, and to me, I have had the worst cravings yet 6 months in. It's not really about just getting clean, its about staying clean.

Try living day to day, and only plan to be clean today. Tomorrow you can worry about tomorrow. It's a choice- not an obligation. Remember that.

Good luck to you.

Comment

the first few days are cat-like flying down a steep hill on a skateboard hopin u can hold on til the gradient eases-

then up and down for a few weeks-emotional-crazy-bonkers-messed-a few words that could describe me in th detoxin zone-but it will level out-it doesnt go on forever-

wat happens after a month-i'm not too sure-i lasted 18 months once but dont mind too much exactly how it went-i normally cave in wen the initial tough part's done-hope ur fine dude-enjoy th okay days and hang in there on th sh'it ones-

Comment

Don't give up! Try finding something to occupy your mind.

In my own experience yes the first few days are always the hardest. Sometimes even though you are keeping busy the craving to smoke will still be there.
          Try finding something in/about your life that you would not normally do after a joint even if you were not giving up. For example, with me I always get really bad paranoia if i talk to girls after a smoke due to that fact that i appear in my own eyes to be a bumbling idiot in front of the ladies after a smoke. So when I'm trying to detox it helps me to talk to girls because its something i wouldnt normally do stoned so doing it makes it easier to stop thinking about getting high.
          Another example for myself is skateboarding, even though im not that good anyway after a spliff i get even more sloppy resulting in some pretty bad injuries!
          hope these tips help and good luck! x

Comment

Hi girl.interupted,
            Congratulations on taking the first steps to quiting.Understanding you have a problem and realising you dont need this in your life are the start of the road ahead.I so far am finding this cannabis rehab site great and the people here really helpful.From what I have seen you will find support here.Because the posts here can take a while to come up and for good reasons(so the unhelpful ones can be filtered)it maybe worth considering contacting through msn or similar if you find someone willing to do so.But get to know them first and contact here for a while first obviously.I want to help anyone who needs it and would be willing to if its what you need.I hope I can help others and I think being here is a great help.Good luck

Comment

quitting buddies soooo work!!

a quitting buddy is an excellent idea dudes-i hope it works out-we'v all been knocked into the dumps by pot- that's not accepted by most-the only ones who understand the full reality of the abyss is us-we appreciate wat it has done-how its left us feeling-its so important that we have someone who we can turn to wen it all gets too much-its a better option than prolonging the agony-someone we can tell wats inside us-dream dreams of hope and get that personal encouragement we need as human beings-wen pot takes over we shut out the world and end up feeling that we are not worthy of understanding-we do in silence and end up struggling alone-thats not how we get free-we need help-and the help of a quitting buddy can make the difference between making it work and falling by the wayside like so many times before-so many times hope got less-dreams get faded-pointlessness just adds on to pointlessness-with the aid of someone it can work-i hope u work it out dudes-its a good step forward-dont look back unless its to feel better about now-spend ur time looking forward-its a far better place to set ur sights-good luck-lookin forward to hearing ur entuhusiasm and hope for wats ahead-

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                hi girl interrupted. im giving up today. gonna be so tough. hope you still off the weed. its a life destroying drug but you dont realise it till all your problems build and then explode. anyway ive lost my home my partner and my son in the last 6 days. all down to weed. id be happy give you my email if you wanna keep in touch for help and support

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X