Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Sooo determined to stop marijuana this time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo determined to stop marijuana this time

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi all,
    Im about to smoke my last pipe. I have to stop smoking the drug as its having a huge effect on my life in so many ways. Ive been smoking about 16 years pretty much every day but ive tried to stop many times before. I did manage to stop for two months once so i know its possible. Here goes...

Hi Pipechuffer welcome.

Well done on your decision to quit, I was wondering what are the ways in which smoking the drug has affected your life? It’s interesting to know as they can be different for all of us, it can also be helpful to write them down as it can help to remind you why you want to quit, when you feel the urge to smoke. I hope we can offer you some support and any time you want to get something off your chest we will be here to listen.

Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted on how it goes.

Take care and good luck!
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

yes dude-accept the sh'it and start shovelling it-

understand wat ur at-learn here-and u'll be fine

Comment

Well, where to begin?
        One of the biggest way it affects my life is my work. Im self employed and its a situation where i can log on and off anytime 24/7, do as much or as little work as i want. sounds great right? well the trouble is i just never go to work. i go and earn what i have to to get by but i take weeks off at a time. It costs me about £15000 (yes £15k) a year in lost revenue. Thats been going on for about 5 years.
        Then theres my social life. Pretty much non existent. I have plenty of freinds but there all married with kids but, to be honest, apart from my freinds, i have no desire to meet new people...cos of my addiction. All i wanna do is smoke. But i hate it AAGGHH!! I dont want to do it any more and yet it still keeps calling me back.
        So this is day one of not smoking and so far so good. Feel a bit wobbly but gonna hang in there this time. I have to.

Comment

Well, just about made it through day two and into day three. Just feel so empty and numb. Tried going for a walk cos i thought it might help but didnt have the energy or enthusiasm so turned around and came home. My best m8 (a toker) called just to see how i was which really touched me. He's the only one that knows im stopping. ALL of my m8's smoke erb and it makes it really difficult. I cant not see my friends of 15+ years just cos they smoke. I mean how does that work??

Comment

Well done pipechuffer you are doing great.

It’s a tough one with the friends thing, those in the know who treat addiction say you have to change your circle of friends and they are probably right, it would be extremely hard for most to detox if they carried on going to the sessions and just sat there and twiggled their thumbs. I did have to change my circle of friends I don’t think I would have quit otherwise, that said maybe once you have quit for a while you can still see your smoker friends, but I think you have to be in a pretty secure place to do that, I have and I am proud to say seen some of my smoker friends again and actually stood with them while they had a spliff and said no when I was offered it, but I had quit for a good while and was pretty determined not to smoke again, I certainly would not recommend that to people who have just quit, so maybe you can see those people again but maybe it depends on the situation and how long you have quit for, if you do want to see certain people who still smoke maybe you should try to do something with them that doesn’t involve smoking, like going to a movie, shopping or for something to eat, anything but being on the session, if they are truly your friend I am sure they will make the effort to do something you both can do, without it having to involve smoking.

Anyway that’s just my take on it, officially maybe I should be saying no you must never see those people again, but let’s face it this is the real world and life isn’t always that simple and maybe some people can see their old mates without relapsing and maybe some can’t, so whatever works for the individual I guess. But generally speaking especially for those who have just quit it is best not to be around smokers, especially if they are going to smoke around you. But like I say if you have a real friendship and aren’t just friends because you both smoke you should be able to do things that don’t involve smoking.

Take care
            Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

friends

wat to do about friends who smoke is a tough one-wen everyone we know smokes wat can we do-there are circles i know wer smoke aint the flag we all lay around-but who have i seen over the last year?thats right-no one-smokers or nonsmokers-but wat i'v decicded to do is go lightly-there are a few people i been explainin my my previous mental prdicament to-for me telling them is helping me-i am but young in this deed (9days) so i dont know how my plan'll work out-

before i suffered in silence smoking-and then suffered even more stopping in silence-on friday i called in2 a guy and his demon is vodka-he smokes as much as i did but it doesnt mess him up like his own poison does-so he asked me if i minde if he had a smoke in his own house-i couldnt/wouldnt stop him cause my problems are within me-the world around us will keep spinning on its axis wether we'r messed up or not-we have to accept that-its inside us wer the problems lie-

my advice is to do wat he told me he's doing-wen it gets too much get out of there-wen people know the magnitude of the problem they'll undersatnd-but wen we keep it all in people dont know and we'll just continue to suffer-not every one will be able to go to smoke filled places and say no-if thats the way it is-accept it for now-but ur main priority is to understand exactly wat it does to u-we have to accept the fact that its everywer-an accept that we cant do it-hide way wen things are tight-and make small steps out wen u think u can-good luck dude-

Comment

hey pipechuffer, you're doing awesome man.

Whenever I want to blaze I quickly remind myself that as soon as I take the first toke I'll just feel sooooo regretful because it would undo all the hardwork I've put into quitting.

You said that you're not really looking to make any new friends and that's probably because of weed. What I would suggest is hitting the gym or joining some kind of club. There you can motivate yourself to live a healthier lifestyle, give your mind a break from thinking about pot and even meet likeminded people.

Good luck m8, hang in there!
                Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body

Comment

Thanks guys for your good advice which i took on board. I was offerered a smoke twice today but turned it down. I have to say i was tempted. Felt really pleased with myself when i got home sober though. I think the issue of all my friends smoking it will be the hardest thing.

Comment

hi mate , youre doing really well. 9 days , wish i was that far. still 9 days is still early. im halfway through day1. the drug is destroying me and ruining my life. ive decided to stay away from my pot smoking friends for at least a month, i feel if i can get through a month then i'll have done the hard part and its just a case of staying clean.
                    im gonna try and get a week abroad.(somewhere nice and quiet where drugs arent readily available)!
                    trouble im having now is chaining cigs and getting to sleep at night.
                    stay positive it will be worth it.

Comment

Well i made it through the first week!
                      Wasnt so bad after the first two or three days but i think the hard part is staying clean not actually stopping. Feeling mentally stronger by the day and my confidence is returning big time. I know theres a long way to go but so far so good

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                        Originally posted by kevp View Post
                        ive decided to stay away from my pot smoking friends for at least a month, i feel if i can get through a month then i'll have done the hard part and its just a case of staying clean.
                        Kevp, don't underestimate the power of addictions. Even after a month, keep your guard up, especially if you find yourself in the same context as the one in which you are used to smoke.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X