Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Giving up weed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving up weed

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    i am a mess. ive never written on forums till today. been smoking the drug for 14 years , im now 33( nearly) and became a dad 5 weeks ago. i have a house with my partner of 6 years and i feel like i have lost everything. my partner left me with my 5 week old son 4days ago and says she wants me to leave the house so she can come back here to live with my son. i dont know where to go, made my mind up on friday that from monday im going cold turkey. tried giving up the drug and not good at it, i have a serious problem. when my dad comitted suicide in 2005 ive become dependant on it.
    now i'm a good person, i dont get it into trouble , i dont fight or steal , never cheated on my partner , but ive got this horrible addiction and as from tomorrow im going to give up. i fear im not going to go to work tomorrow , as since wednesday when she left ive not eaten and have the shakes, my nerves are shattered. im thinking of going the drs and getting signed off work with depression. this will mean no money coming in and if there ever is a hope of getting my family back, we could lose our house so dont know if getting signed off work will be a good idea.but i cant face work, i know i cant. giving up will be the hardest thing to do . i know the drug has been the downfall of me all my life. im struggling to cope but know i have to give the drug up tomorrow. please help me someone and if anyone wants to give up with me get in touch.dreading the sleepless nights and lack of appetite.

Giving up weed

Hi Kevp welcome.

It sounds like you are really going through a tough time, I am very sorry to hear that. It’s often not until we hit rock bottom that we have the motivation to quit, I know that was the case for me, my life had to really fall apart before I realised I needed to quit. Things may have to get worse before they get better, as quitting is often no picnic, you probably will experience sleepless nights, changes in appetite and various other symptoms, but once you are over the worst things will start to get better. You are not alone there are plenty of others here going through the same thing, so I hope we can be of some support. Well done on posting, especially if you are not really the rehab group type, writing things down and sharing them with others who are in the same boat can really help, so well done for making the effort. You may want to check out our how to detox smoking marijuana post, it has all the tips I have ever been able to find that may be of some help.

Thanks for sharing it really is appreciated and anytime you want to get something off your chest we will be here to listen.

Take care and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

thanks for the help and support. im moving out today, going to live with a friend. yesterday i had my last joint, threw all my paraphernalia in the bin and deleted my dealers number! ive been told being shocked into giving up will perhaps make things easier, just hope thats the case! i know it s not going to be easy at all and understand to take each day at a time.
      im a bit worried im doing it for my partner and my son in the hope that one day she may want be back. ( god why didnt i give up when she was pregnant) . i've got to accept that if my attempt to give up the drug is succesful that i still may not get her back. i want a chance to be a proper family man, lead a normal life, not isolating myself from the world, feeling thick all the time.
      the main problem now is getting the house/partner/son/ the drug problems out of my mind and finding something to do to keep me occupied. giving up is the only chance i have of getting my family life back and this is probably the toughest thing i'll have to do. i know if i can get through a month i should be ok.
      right a bit of advice needed. im currently chainsmoking cigs to help supress the desire to smoke weed. i need to give them up too and am thinking of seeing my gp about giving up maybe next wk or the week after. is this a good idea? or should i concentrate on the drug 1st and just take it 1 day at the time. also shouuld i mention to my gp about the weed. i know you can get help from heroin and nicotine addiction but not sure there is much help for the drug addiction. wish me good luck people and the best of luck to you all.

Comment

good luck dude-

the f'ags-try waiting an hour b4 u have another one-thats wat i'v started and i dont feel as bunged up wi all the tar n sh'it-cause b4 i was chainsmokin big time-and feelin awful 4 it-

Comment

well i just at the end of my 1st day, and its ok. my teeth are grinding and i feel like running a marathon. still worried about sleep and the lack of munchies!( im hungry but dont fancy anything to eat). but i just been pub for 3 pints with mates of my parents( that ive known most of my life) and found conversation very easy and basically spilled the beans about my addiction. couldnt believe how easy it was to fit long words into sentences! this has made me feel better about giving it up. it proves that when youre stoned your head is f**ked. feel rather pleased with myself but know the hardest days are yet to come.
          yes 1 fag an hour is a good idea, now im living with a non smoker, this should be easy. also gonna order up allen carrs easy way to give up book. its supposed tobe very succesful and cost less than 20 fags from amazon! if i can overcome this addiction that has plagued me for 19 yrs i will be so chuffed!

Comment

Hi Kevp,
            Well Done first and foremost on your decision to detox m8. Your doing the right thing. It was my first time posting on a rehab group aswell and i find it easier to talk about my addiction here. I dont even open up to any of my friends face to face. Ive tried giving up many times in the past but ive never felt support like this before. Even though its online, its a massive help.
            I know you want things to go back to how they were with your girl friend but regardless of what happens it will be easier to cope with if your sober although it might not seem that way now.
            As far as quiting tobacco goes i would definitely leave it for now. Quit one thing at a time m8. It sounds like youve got enough on your plate at the moment. Cut yourself some slack. Goodluck dude

Comment

day 2 feel depressed and bored and very lonely. i'm such an idiot i've lost everything. gonna try go in work tomorro but dreading it. have no intentions of giving up fags, they r the only thing that keep me going. really struggling to eat but dont know if thats because of my personal problems as i wasnt eating last week when i was toking. my head is still fuzzy, thought it may be a bit clearer by now. dreading the future. keep supporting me people!

Comment

2 1/2 weeks clean

Husband and I just quit the drug to help save our 20 year marriage....hard as hell to get the NEED out of the system. Working hard to find things to fill the void of being a stoner, but think if we can keep up the spirit it will work. I do wish there were group meetings in every town for this. No one seems to specialize in pot addiction in the USA east coast, does anyone know of any?

Comment

hi people, day 4 for me. still finding life tough, havent thought of trying to get any the drug though. feel better in myself, a bit hyperactive. chattting dead easy to workmates before and had a right good laugh. i think they see the change in mr. its good to look people in the eye and speak with confidence. worst thing for me is getting in from work( 3pm) and not having a clue what to do with myself. used to get in roll a spliff and get on my ps3. hope im gonna be ok cos my personal problems are still there and am very worried about where im gonna live. like i said before i think my problems are taking the edge off my withdrawals. keeep feeling shaky( hands legs~) is that normal; or is that due to stress. who knows but i feel so confident that ive koncked the evil habit on its head. good luck to everyone else trying.

Comment

Hi Kevp your doing real well mate i'm glad to see your still going to work is there anywhere you can go for a good walk after work i try to walk 5km twice a week it seems to help it's going to get a bit harder for you from here on in about day 12 it realy hit me. The shakes should stop in a couple of days but it is good to be able to look people straight in the eyes for a change isn't it. I am on day 37 clean and it's still a big battle so realy hang in there mate it's not easy and all the best Dale.

Comment

thanks dale. whatever happens to me , i'll never go back to the drug . its ruined my life. thats all i can say.

Comment

Well done. I've never written on a rehab group came across this because my partner of 14 years smokes and keeps promising me he'll quit before we had kids which are now 4 & 2 and I'm looking around for web sites that might help me make a decision to stay or move on. I think if you prove to your partner you can quit you have a GOOD chance. I was devastated my partner kept smoking after our first child the motherly protective instinct takes over and you'll do anything to protect them including from their father.

Comment

hi its still a struggle, on day 21 tomorrow( i think) still not got a clear head and finding life tough at the moment. as for my ex she wont let me see the baby and has been seeing another guy, a guy she been texting and emailing all year,but as they work together i never questioned it.i met a neighbour yesterday and apparently hes been coming round my house since the day i left.(what a scumbag)!
                          so wont be going back to her ,still homeless, my 1st child is gonna grow up with a replacement dad. last thing i should do now is gop back on the weed. i never uesed to smoke it in the house and if my ex had asked once, i would have given it up then. well at least you guys now know why she really left me!(what kind of a guy goes for a pregnant woman)?

Comment

Day three for me

I am so paranoid i think my boyfriend is going to finish with me! All i do is think mad shit up then plague him with it. Then i feel stupid and sorry i said anything. He does not deserve it he is a good man. When will i feel better this is hard!?

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              hey kevp-i feel for u dude-i'v 2 sons who are 12 and 11-ther up stairs sleeping right now-wen me and the ex split about 8 years ago i didnt walk away from them-she woulda been happy if i just walked away-thats not me-i fought hard to get wat i got now-and altho it was seriously tough i'd do it again-cause now all the fightings done-she has accepted that i wasnt gona forget about them-she had no choice in the long run-cause i wasnt letting it happen-every parent who cares for their child deserves a right to be a parent to that child-if u want more advice send me a private message-but take my advice-dont walk away-dont allow her to cut u out-that aint her right-if u let it happen u will regret it for the rest of ur life-hope u get a place sorted out dude-ur in an awful position-i was too-but now things are great-and can be for u too-

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X