Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Trying to quit ganja for 7+ years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to quit ganja for 7+ years

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    note: i posted my story on the other pot addiction rehab group but wanted to post here too because CannabisRehab.org is more active.

i want to thank everyone who has posted on this forum. hearing your stories and struggles has been very supportive to me.
    i haven't puffed in 2 weeks, even when herb has been offered and smoked in front of me!
    i want to share my story so that it might support others too.

i have been smoking ganja for the past 14 years, since i was in junior high. i was fascinated with marijuana even before i ever tried it, and once i did, it quickly became a big part of my identity. i smoked everyday for the first seven years, wore dreadlocks, went to jamaica, and grew my own. on some immediate level, it helped me to get out of my mental obsessiveness, avoid uncomfortable emotions, and tune-in to the present moment. however, during that time, i also developed severe depression and chronic bronchitis. i would suffer intense chest pain after bong hits. i often felt like i did not want to be alive.

during my first year of college, the depression and lung pain worsened. i started to isolate myself due to intense sadness and also so as to avoid my friends, all of whom smoked frequently. it was at that time that i started to suspect that my emotional issues were related to pot. i dropped out of school and moved home, in an attempt to quit. however it seemed that pot followed me wherever i went.

when i succeeded in smoking less frequently, i began to notice a disturbing emotional cycle. approximately 40-50 hours after i smoke, i feel intense anxiety, self-hatred, and sadness, accompanied by unpleasant physical sensations. these feelings are independent of my life circumstances and seem to be chemical in nature. it took me years to realize that these feelings were connected to smoking as they occur two full days after puffing. often i react to them by smoking again, thus starting another emotional cycle.

even when i realized that pot was contributing to my depression, i struggled to detox for many years unsuccessfully. i love and am involved in reggae music which frequently praises ganja as the "healing of the nation" and the source of meditation. many people i know insist that pot is only beneficial. it has been too easy to use these opinions as excuses to continue my dependence and lie to myself about the true effect of the plant on my happiness. it is also hard to be fully honest with myself because ganja does give some benefit immediately after i smoke, and damn, it really smells good!

however, i cannot continue these self-destuctive emotional cycles. i know i have trouble achieving goals in life because my focus is sabotaged by emotional turmoil. lately, when i smoke, i also notice pain in my low-back/kidney area and serious short-term memory difficulty, such that i misplace things repeatedly when i am high. i realize that my dependence on pot socially is a cover-up for social anxiety and insecurity. by quitting, i hope to uncover and face these issues and restore emotional balance.

it has been two weeks now since i have smoked. my dreams are returning, quite intense, and i enjoy recalling them. i feel awkward around friends who smoke but feel supported by CannabisRehab.org and MA. i have been experiencing some depression but am hoping that this will improve in time. i feel more focused and on-point at work and this is enjoyable. i hope that i can continue to feel motivated to be free of the ganj

Hi maya

I am so glad you have found CannabisRehab.org useful. I too was a part of that whole ganja can only do good culture, I think that probably goes for a lot of stoners, we allow ourselves to become almost brainwashed, it can become like your religion, or even a cult, I know it was for me anyhow. But I now realise it’s an extremely unbalanced view, let’s face it most things in life have two sides to the story, an upside and a downside at least for some people and marijuana is no different. Most mental health professionals will tell you that there can be a link between marijuana and anxiety and depression, at least for some, it sounds like that may be the case for you, it was the case for me too, in fact from what I can gather there’s a fair few of us out there, something you won’t hear in most reggae songs (I like reggae too).

Well done on your first two weeks, that’s a huge achievement you have done really well! If your depression is linked to using and withdrawing from marijuana then it should pass, but it’s hard to put a time scale on it, it can be days or weeks for some, but for others it can take months. That’s another thing I have learnt when it comes to using and withdrawing from marijuana, we can all react very differently. Anyway hang in there hopefully your symptoms won’t last for long and I promise we will be here to support you every step of the way.

Good luck, take care and please keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks for sharing.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
      maya and Rehab Admin i was an advocate for smoking-it felt good-gave me a different perspective etc etc etc-i still cant criticise it-for me its not the substance thats the problem its how a person uses it-and i used it wrong-one mug i saw said "dont abuse maryjuana, smoke it easy"-i abused it-and it left me seriously depressed-

yesterday a smoker pal of mine called-i organised a bit of pot for him cause ther wernt much about-so we went back to mine and he had a smoke-he said, "if ur gona smoke dont go mad on it-do u think its that that got u down?"

i looked straight into his eyes and asked him am i happier now than i was a month ago-there is only one answer to that-YES-pot was directly connected to how i was feelin-and now after a month clean i feel far better-

ther seems to be a percentage of smokers who end up with negative consequences due to ther smokin-not all-but some-lots of us here make up that percentile-wer i live there have been more and more young people committing suicide-i believe that drugs are playing a big (but not only) part in this-

there's brainwashing and there's brainwashing-but how u feel is deeper than that-if u know ur not right its worth tryin to quit-to see how it makes u feel-going back to smokin is easy if u decide to-i'm not goin back-i like this clean buzz-it feels like the high i used to avoid understanding how i feel-

good luck dude-people who arent a'rseholes will accept and respect
      ur decision-those who dont are..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X