Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Agressive + Marijuana

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agressive + Marijuana

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Erased for personal reasons
    Last edited by Detox Me; 10-20-2009, 01:32 PM.

I never found I was aggressive when I was on it, although I have heard that it can happen, you are not the only person who has posted and said that, but I did find that I was particularly crabby the first few hours of the next day, maybe it was some kind of come down or something, maybe every high was involving a low when I came back down to earth with a thud. I have also heard of people been aggressive when they are craving it.

How’s not smoking going?

Take care
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Well the not smoking is going great. I am on day 16. The withdrawl symptoms are soft (mild depresión, mild insomnia, loss of apetite but that is good, being it that I am 60 pounds overweight!
      And referring to the agresiveness I feel I have been prety patient . So now I don't know if maybe it wasn't so much the pot

I guess only time will tell this.
      Last edited by Detox Me; 10-20-2009, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Well done mate I am so pleased to hear you are doing well, yeah it’s a real rich tapestry when it comes to which is causing what, very often there are a number of contributing reasons, which drug use may or may not be aggravating, making worse or be a part of. And although you can’t blame everything on drug use very often it can make things worse, whether it’s as a direct result of the chemical effect they have on our brain, or the more indirect effect they have on our lifestyle and the behaviour that accompanies that, although the two are probably connected, now you are sober you may have more of the time and emotion she feel she needs, but like you say time will tell and allow you to compare the old you to the new you.
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

well day 21 I have not had any rage outbursts! There is still a lot of stress, but I have been able to cope with it.
          I handled it really good and patiently. It makes me feel really proud. Simple things like that may not seem like much but for me it was a triumph. Now I can see it comming and prepare so that it does not affect me!

ITS A WONDERFUL THING TO GET TO KNOW ONESELF.
          Last edited by Detox Me; 10-20-2009, 01:35 PM.

Comment

My boyfriend is a user not as senior as alot of the peple here but hes been doing it since he was 14 years old. When he feels pressure or is overwhelmed he becomes very aggressive and destructive he punches walls if we are in public like last night he punched the glass of a shopping centre as we were entering it and the energy levels kept swaying in and out quite like a yo-yo he crumpledd a few of the products on the shelf(thnk god no one saw) and gernerally has doesnt care whos watching we can become the couple publicly arguing which is quite humiliating..
            alot of the time he will continue to say stop being and idiot or i provocted him , which isnt necessarily right.
            something i have found with him is smoking has disabled his communication and problem sovling ability so its at a point where i have to be on the verge of a nervous break down for him to sop being stubborn and see how much pain I am in

Im not saying that you and your whife are the same, but how well doyou two communicate? When I try to talk to him he becomes verry aggressiveand deffensive and trys to pass the blame on so he doesnt feel bad..

hes not an evil person just has alot of pressure on him but thats no excuse for him either

Comment

Alyce:

I am sorry that your passing through the hoops . I understand what you are saying about comunication. Some how as one gets more in more addicted and uses each time more, your comunication abilities get riuned. Since one can not see this when one is under the influence one gets very frustrated when people do not understand. Plus the fact that you are trapped in a vice makes you unhappy and you feel hopless. You can only feel calm when your stoned.

On my side I am trying to work on my comunication . But it seems It is my turn to be patient.
              Last edited by Detox Me; 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM.

Comment

soft and steady

Tonka:

You have dont the right thing by saing patient because it will take along time for your wife to fully forgive you.. but dont be down hearted by that, if shes still will you that alone means that she wants things to work and she still loves you! Just gotta take time for wounds to heal, if you are fighting and you feel things are getting way too heated just say in a calm voice that you are tired and you would like to take 5 so you can both calm and talk about it rather than continue yelling and say things that you will boh regret... at the end of the day yelling really only exasperates the situation.

sounds like you guys just need to take the weekend off together and go camping or just have a day so you will forget about the smoke and just enjoy being in each others company. My boyfriend is into his art and so am i so we went to the gallery a little while ago and although he got way too stressed about food and where to eat it was a beautiful day, he told me later on that he was more or less worried that i would get upset because all the cafes we went passed were 100 and neither of us could afford it and he just wanted everything to be perfect...

I wasnt stressed at all though about that because i was enjoying walking around with him on such a nice day, just hurts when he gets upset because i feel like im doing something wrong or i cant make him happy again.

Your wife could possibly feel a similar way, pot has a fantastic way of isolatign you and depressing you and if somebody is in a relationship with somebody whos mind has been warped for so long it can be a very debilitating feeling especially when all you want to do is make them smile..

you dont always have to be going out to have a good time either staying at home snuggling up and watching a good movie can be eqaully if not more soothing

Comment

Thanks Alyce for your comments. . That was the catalyst that made me quit. I have not smoked for 1 month, 1 week and 3 days. just as you say I have to stay Soft and steady... I have had for the past week or two been very stable. I have felt very happy about being in control and trying to socialize. I will try and do something simple but calm.

But hey I have not been agressive to anybody for a long time now. I dont get angry anymore. Some stuff has happened that probably would have made blow before, but I just dont care and I take really easy.

I really feel my agressiveness was either direct effect of the pot or that I didnot feel good with my self. I still regret all the time lost and the damage caused but I feel in peace with myself and very motivated!

Will keep you guys posted on how this goes
                  Last edited by Detox Me; 10-20-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Hey Tonka it’s great to hear you are not getting angry anymore and handling things better. I think we all regret the lost time and damage, but like you say you do find peace eventually and come to terms with it. Well done on staying clean a lot of people can find the first month the hardest you are doing really well!

Hey Alyce sometimes when the ones we love get upset it isn’t always our fault, particularly when drugs are being used, it sounds like you are been very supportive and thanks for the support you are showing to others here.

Take care folks and thanks for keeping us posted.
                    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Well in my opinion I think you should appologize to her, you came home stoned and you mistreated her. You wife wants your attention that means she loves you, you should respond to her feelings.

Comment

Your right Samm.

And I still have been in control of my emotions so I guess it was the pot!
                        Last edited by Detox Me; 10-20-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Hey Tonka, hope all is well. I have been having some pretty interesting conversations with my X over the last few days and they made me think of this thread. You know I never thought I was ever agressive when I was getting hi, but talking to her has made me remember times when I was. We almost never argued she and I. The whole time we were together I bet I could count on both hands the number of times. But there were times when I would come home really on edge. I wasn't abusive but just in pissed off mood, especially for the last six months of my smoking. I remember having no tolerance for seemingly trivial stuff. One time I got home and had just sat down and gotten my boots off and the door bell rings. I go to the door and it is a couple of well dressed guys holding bibles asking me if I was prepared to meet God. I remember saying "Who the hell are you guys and why can't you respect our privacy?" Instead of just being polite and asking them to leave, I told them to get the "F" off of my "F"ing doorstep before I kick your prostheltising asses. I guess in hindsight it probably was abusive. I would never react that way now. It's like you've said in your previous posts, we regain control of our emotions. My X says that is one of the biggest changes she has seen in me, that my personality is level now. No edgyness no flying off in the middle of a conversation about politics or religion or other things that might otherwise send me there. Anyway, cool to share. Hope your living well man, wish you the best.
                          Peace and Clarity
                          Catalyst

Comment

I think this thread is old and the original post deleted but I wanted to post in here anyway.

The last time I smoked (day before last), after I had the puff my SO said to me half-jokingly "can you feel yourself turning into a monster yet?". I was taken aback. I guess an hour or two after puffing I become very irritable. I knew that was the case but I always blamed him for irritating me. Truth is, looking at his stoned face and hearing his comments enraged me as I was coming out of the stoned haze because they reflect exactly what I hate about myself. I hated myself for being stoned, for engaging in the kind of conversation only potheads could find stimulating. I hated myself for eating double what I would have if we hadn't got high. I hated him for interrupting my TV watching because that's how I slip away. His voice and his face reminded me that I'm high, and good for nothing but mindless banter which always turned into a stupid argument. I've hit him numerous times (just a jab in the arm and whatnot) which is something I would never do in my right mind. I've been emotionally cruel to him in the past, and it has always been during a heavy smoking period.

Smoking the drug relaxes me, sure, for an hour. Then I'm ready to tear the world to pieces if it has the nerve to remind me it exists. At that point I'd smoke another and go to bed. I need to remind myself of the "monster". Especially today when I go to visit my father who always has puff on hand. It's going to be a tough one. How can someone despise something so much but be so drawn to it? Why do I think puffing on a Saturday night won't turn into Sunday, Monday Tuesday then the week is wasted. I can't give in.

Sorry for the rant. I had to type that out.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              Yeah guys and gals sorry for delating some of the info. I now the whole thread lost its thread.... but I think I got a little to personal in most so I edited.

But the point is that I do believe that one does get agressive on pot specially when it makes you feel uncomfortable to be stoned. When the world says : hey I am here and what you are living is not real!.

It makes you hate yourself for doing it and that hate reflects to the people closest to you!

Maybe agressive is not a thc side effect. But it is a side effect of not being happy with yourself and not being in touch with your emotions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X