Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Welcome back to all those who have fell off the wagon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back to all those who have fell off the wagon

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I just thought I should make a post welcoming back all those people who may have fallen off the wagon, it doesn’t matter how many times it takes, all that matters is that you keep trying, that’s just the way it is with quitting drugs, some people it may take 100 attempts, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t get there in the end, as long as you don’t give up on giving up you will get there.

I don’t think there should ever be a limit on the amount of times somebody is welcome to come back and use this forum, as long as they want to detox you are welcome no matter how many times it takes you, regardless of whether you are still using or not.

So I just wanted to say no matter how many times it takes you, whether you are smoking at the moment or not, as long as want to detox you will always be welcome.

Take care
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Thank you BFB, I really needed to here that unconditional welcome to return. I have found myself going back and forth (using/abstaining) but I just can't let addiction get the better of me. Thanks again !

Comment

Hi bearrusty1

That’s ok, I think it’s a good principle to follow, I would hate to think of anyone feeling that they couldn’t return and ask for support again, as much as we all want each other to succeed this time around and should make every effort to encourage each other to do so, I think unconditional understanding if we don’t is very important. Thanks for the positive feedback it is much appreciated.

Take care
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Attempt 1000

Thanks for that BFB. You are doing a truly good job with this cannabis rehab site and I don't even think you know how much you are a force of change in people' real lives. For me yes I have fallen off the wagon so many times that my bum hurts. I saw this cannabis rehab site some time last year and never posted but I read a bit thinking 'gee how lucky those people are to have the strength to quit. Especially sorry to say I would read posts from someone from their day one and the find the person posting saying there free for five or more months. I would fill up with a sort of envy for the person but I think this was just my own hopelessness amplifying.
        Since I posted first I have relapsed about fifty more times this I mean going for a few hours swearing That I am done but lighting up when I got the chance. I again quit for eight days and this is a big deal for me because the most I ever did was once before going drug free for five days. But I fell off again last week. Now I am here again and accepting your welcome again. This is day 1. This is it for me.

Comment

19 days free and many many more to go!

Hey Leoking,

I had smoked from the age of 15 until 39... Mostly after work and all day and night on the weekend, with a month break here and there. I think I have "earned" a seat here and have no desire to smoke again. I have been trying to stop for 10 LONG years and with all addictions it just gets progressively WORSE and harder to stop. So, stick around because were in your corner and thank goodness for our fearless Rehab Admin leaders to back us up with
          positivity and kind words of encouragement! This selfless action is very much appreciated.

It will get better. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your new journey of self discovery!

Chadventure

Comment

Thanks dude. I regret starting again last year in the autumn/winter, it is such a time when I usually give in to the substance to take the blues away. I plan not to let that happen again so I'm doing puzzles and learning new skills so hopefully I'll be smart enough come the fall to find other ways to keep off depression and dope. I'm in my fifth week now and I really am focusing more and working on interpersonal and social skills but it's not always easy when my head is still ridden with mild depression and anxiety. I've put up with these for years so I guess it will be ages if ever before these iron out and I plan to make as much effort as the conditions allows me to rise above.
            But it sure is good to be able to think and express myself more often. Even got rid of my bong and I'd only had that a few months but it was giving me brain damage so I have definitely made the right choice. I have tried to make it clear to my brothers now that I am not smoking dope anymore because I have occasionally started up with them again and I go back into a daily habit. Its like 'they can so I can' sort of thing but this time its 'I cannot, for my own sanity'.

Comment

I will be sharing my story on here about how I got through my drug addictions, It wont let me send a link so I'm waiting until it allows me then I wanna share

Comment

Thanks that’s good to know, I am sure I will get there eventually.

Comment

self-control....and not

Well, here I am again. I only had one slip up in my month-or-so old commitment to stop buying pot, many more slip ups in terms of actually smoking.
                  I bought half a bag recently while on assignment....unfortunately, I had a partner who loves pot and was desperate to score, so we wound up splitting the bag.
                  I also smoked some more of my dad's the drug while looking after the house for my parents while they were away. I was right back where I had been before, sorta-- smoking a little bit here and there all afternoon and evening. It was actually like a dramatized version of it, because it was a bigger bag of weed, and I was far more isolated than I usually was even in my deepest pot funks. With the benefit of my sober time, I can see that I really don't like the obsessive, lonely, sedentary person that pot encourages me to be. I noticed I was eating out of boredom and/or munchies, amounts and things that the sober me doesn't eat.
                  I called my old dealer today after a stressful day of work and some conflict with a friend. Luckily, he wasn't around like he usually is and told me he would be home in about an hour. So I went for a walk.
                  Once I was walking fast, it was like the spell was broken. About halfway through I realized I didn't want to buy the bag and wasn't going to show. This was my dealer and I always drove the same annoying route to get the same overpriced, underweighed bag from the same guy. I don't think I ever said I would come and then didn't come. So the fact that I haven't been back there is progress to me.
                  I've changed some other things in my life for the better, so I'm not giving up on this. I think my least favorite thing about smoking pot has been the weight gain. I really want the figure I had 5 years ago, not just for vanity's sake but to feel better and move better. From now on, I'm taking a long walk to clear my head if and when I'm tempted to buy.

Comment

Hi Springtime and welcome back

Well done on not showing up to meet your dealer, I think going for a walk is a good idea whenever you are tempted to buy, it should help you to reconsider and hopefully the exercise will be good for both releasing endorphins and keeping the weight in check, exercise in general is a very good aid when quitting so if you can focus your energy into that I think it will be a great help. Anyway never mind about the past, there is no point been upset about what we cannot change, what matters now is the future and that is something we can, so try to focus on that.

Anyway chin up, we are with you no matter how many times it takes. I know you can do it.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best
                    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Hi,
                      I'm back and free of pot for 5 days... thanks for this thread and your post...

Robin

Comment

That time of the month

Whenever I have tried to quit or minimize my usage, I always fall off the wagon when my time of the month arrives. Marijuana can ease the physical pain, soften my mood and cause a delayed reaction that can be necessary for me when having emotional highs and lows. I feel that my hormone flucuations are so intense that if I weren't smoking weed, I would be on some sort of medication. I don't wish to trade in one sort of "medication" for another socially accepted/prescribed medicine. It's really hard to stay sober when in a lot of physical and emotional pain that is most effectively subsided by using marijuana. It's a vicious cycle, and I know that I use this as an excuse to not even try to quit (oh I'll just relapse when my period comes so why even try??) I am currently a daily user, but say I limited my usage to only those two days a month when my cycle is hitting me the hardest, would that even be possible, healthy, or reasonable?

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                          Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Whenever I have tried to quit or minimize my usage, I always fall off the wagon when my time of the month arrives. Marijuana can ease the physical pain, soften my mood and cause a delayed reaction that can be necessary for me when having emotional highs and lows. I feel that my hormone flucuations are so intense that if I weren't smoking weed, I would be on some sort of medication. I don't wish to trade in one sort of "medication" for another socially accepted/prescribed medicine. It's really hard to stay sober when in a lot of physical and emotional pain that is most effectively subsided by using marijuana. It's a vicious cycle, and I know that I use this as an excuse to not even try to quit (oh I'll just relapse when my period comes so why even try??) I am currently a daily user, but say I limited my usage to only those two days a month when my cycle is hitting me the hardest, would that even be possible, healthy, or reasonable?
                          It depends if you think it will lead you back to everyday use and negatively impact your life. I am not looking for an answer to this one, instead answer this question honestly and openly to yourself without denial taking any direct impact on the decision.

I know i cannot use for 1 day because if i do, it is all to easy just to keep going. But then i guess i do have an addictive personality. and although (oh I'll just relapse when my period comes so why even try??) is reminiscent of how i would think, I do not want to judge you by that sentence alone

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X