Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Made through Day One without Cannabis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made through Day One without Cannabis

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I have smoked pot for over 30 years on a daily basis. At one point, for a few years, I smoked almost constantly. I am happy to say the last six years it's only been in the evening after dinner, unless I visit friends who smoke or have them over, then it certainly increases!

I have decided to detox for a number of reasons. The first being cost, the second availability, and the third because I don't want to rely on drugs to make me feel good, especially relaxed. I also feel it is preventing my spiritual life to expand. i.e. intuition, dreams, meditation. But I love pot because it relaxes me and helps me to sleep really well.

After reading some of this forum, I'm terrified because of all the side effects. I work three days a week, and I really, really need my sleep, which for me is the very worst side affect. I didn't smoke anything yesterday or today (so far) but I hardly got any sleep last night. I ended up getting up and reading but boy, my brain was running overtime....I swear the little amount of pot I had left was calling my name. It's amazing how your mind can justify, maybe just having a few puffs. I'm proud of myself because I did get through the night but today I also feel gittery and I have a headache. I can honestly deal with that, it's the sleep deprivation that I know I am going to struggle with. Can I get this L-theanine from a health store (I live in Canada).

Anyhow, I have to go to work tomorrow and I'm dreading trying to make it through the night and then function at work tomorrow. But, I'm determined to do this. One day at a time right? No promises though.

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi islandgirl welcome to the forum.

I am so sorry I have not responded to your thread yet, it must have slipped by me I have been so busy lately. Wow thirty years that is a long time, I know what you mean about it hampering your spirituality, a lot of people go on about how marijuana helps their spirituality, but overlook how it can hinder it, at the end of the day any so called “growth” you think you experience from it isn’t real, it’s as the result of chemicals that are artificial to that of your natural bodies chemistry, it’s a chemical experience not a spiritual one, anyone can feel good in a way that feels “spiritual” if they take drugs. Struggling through the tough times and not resorting to using drugs and not taking the easy way out IMO achieves far more spiritual growth, if you are a person who thinks we are here to learn something then I think that’s what we are here to learn, not how to take a pill or inhale a chemical when things get tough. Sure psychoactive drugs may have their place when it comes to experiencing different types of consciousness and I am not saying that you can’t learn from that, that’s fine, but when you start relying on them to permanently create that I don’t think you are growing in any way. And that’s not to mention how it can interfere with other elements of human consciousness like dreaming, something that may also be crucial to the human psyche/spirit/consciousness/mind, whatever you want to call it. To me you don’t need to regularly take drugs to be spiritual, spirituality isn’t about taking drugs.

Anyway I am really sorry if I have offended anybody there, I appreciate that “spirituality” is a bit of a personal and subjective thing and that’s just the way that I see it, I will share my opinion but I am not trying to force it on anyone else, it’s up to everyone out there to decide what paths right for them, if they are into that sort of thing.

Don’t worry too much about the detox symptoms you have read not everybody experiences them to that degree, if there’s one thing I have learned about marijuana it’s that we can all have a very different experience with it.

Anyway good luck, take care, thanks for sharing and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X