Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Im scared its gonna tear us apart...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im scared its gonna tear us apart...

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Me and my boyf, now fiancee, of 9years have smoked the drug for what seems like forever. Our first dates involved having a smoke so its been something we have done from the outset. We tried giving up twice before, but got to day 3 and we argued like hell so both times ended up smoking it again out of the stress of the arguments. Since living together for 3 years, we've smoked it every day. We both know its ruled our lives, and after the birth of our baby this year, we decided to detox for good for our baby's sake and ours. He has smoked it longer than me, and feels like he needs it more than me. So has taken up support from a local drugs service.
    Well we finally quit 6 days ago, still smoking rollies but no weed, and again the arguing has started. Its like we are both being completely unreasonable with eacother, we are snapping at the stupidist of things, and arguments seem to be getting completely out of hand. Its so hard not to just go and have a smoke to calm down. Im so scared this is gonna tear us apart or we will end up back on it again! We really love eachother and dont want to be stoned parents anymore. We both have the same goals, so why cant we reach them together? Has anyone been through a similar situation? Please any advice would be great as im starting to feel like this is never gonna end

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What you are experiencing is down to the withdrawal, it’s perfectly natural for some to experience this, you have just withdrawn a load of artificial feel good chemicals from your brain and it’s having to learn to readjust, it’s very common to feel irritable, crabby and snappy, but it will pass, it’s just the nature of what is a short term situation. So chin up it won’t be like this forever, I can’t tell you exactly when as it can be different depending on the individuals, but you will probably feel a lot better in a few weeks. Just take it one day at a time.

So take care, hang in there and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Thanks BFB. Day 7 and my god i am getting freaked out by the horrible nightmares ive been having this week. The worst one being last night ( Today its playing on my mind big time, ive never dreamt anything so sick in all my life. Cold sweats, migraines, dizziness, feeling sick..... I feel proper ill!
      With a baby, 12week old puppy and crazy jack russell to look after i feel like screaming! A smoke just seems like it would take it all away for a few moments and help me deal with normal everyday life a whole lot better.... but I AM gonna resist the temptation.
      Food seems to be helping a bit, today iv got the cook book out and im gonna prepare a lush meal for tonight, yum yum!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
        I understand that you feel quitting smoking will tear you and your partner apart..My husband and I smoked together for the 9 yrs we've been together and we have tried to detox in the past and the fights were horrible! Many times I questioned the relationship and blamed him for my smoking! I recently made the decision to quit..very recent (3 days now) and he agreed to detox with me. Within 6 hrs we were arguing. We both understand why and I told him to go for a ride..do something away from me so I can have my space to get through the mental part of quitting. It's only been a few days but the "space" we have given each other helps. We know we love each other and we know why we are fighting. The promise there is light at the end of the tunnel is something we are both striving for, so do not give in or give up!! When you are feeling overwhelmed, turn to this forum. It's amazing how much it helps to "be" with others who are in the same situation. My goal is to read each and every story posted here. I laugh, I cry, I urge, I hurt, but I know I am not alone. Please register so that we know your "name" and can follow your progress. I think that's important..to follow each others progress. Through this we can all learn what to expect and most importantly, how to cope. Yesterday I needed a "lifeline" and turned to this site. I made it through my second day clean in over 30 yrs. Today is day 3 and though I do feel a little better today (slept 11 hrs off and on last nite) I still feel the need to be with others like me, so I will spend a few hours here reading all that I can read. Discuss your feelings with your fiance and let him know that if you say or do something that upsets him, or vice versa, that you can't take it personally. It all goes with the recovery. No matter what, don't look back. Dr. Phil (on TV) said something the other day that made alot of sense: step out of your past and walk into your future. Good luck with everything..and remember we are all here to help you and each other.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X