Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Been smoking weed for over six years now I need to quit. Help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been smoking weed for over six years now I need to quit. Help?

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    My partner has been smoking marijuana for over six years every day.
    Alot of the time he smokes an ounce in two days.
    When he doesn't have it he is aggressive and it is starting to get worse. When he does have it all he can think about is getting more.

He has told me that he will try to detox not because I asked but because not only is it affecting our relationship but it is affecting his health.

Does anyone know what we should start with?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It can sometimes be a tough question how to go about resolving the problem you find yourself in and the exact solution that’s right for you can vary depending on the individual, however based on some of the things you have mentioned like the aggression, the amount been smoked, the effect it is having on his health and your relationship you may even want to consider some kind of professional help, maybe even cannabis rehab (lots of people go to cannabis rehab for marijuana these days), it all depends on your situation and whether he can quit by himself or not, has he tried to give up before by himself and failed? I wouldn’t necessarily automatically recommend cannabis rehab for everybody who wants to detox dope, many people do quit by themselves, you only have to read the posts here to see that, but considering the way you describe the situation it does sound quite severe, smoking an ounce in two days is an awful lot. Anyway like I say which option you feel is right for you can vary depending on the individuals, the main thing is to discuss it with him and consider all your options together, just try to make sure you do come up with some sort of solid plan and that it gets put into action, smoking that much has to be a problem by anybodies standards.

Take care, thanks for sharing and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
      addicts can be very crafty, and learn numerous ways to 'use' secretly... i know i've been that guy.

personally, i would say dump him and say 'come find me when your clean'.... if he gets clean and comes to you then you know his love for you is more than his love for the drug.... and if he doesn't get clean after u dump him then you will of saved yourself a load of hassle (and time) trying to get someone to detox when they don't want to

it's not like he's having a 'joint' at the end of the day to relax.... half an ounce everyday is a hell of a lot for one person to be smoking!!!!!!

but obviously when you love someone it is really hard to be so 'black and white' about such issues, but having been in the situation ur bf is in i think i real 'wake-up call' might be the best thing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X