Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Thinking about Amsterdam.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about Amsterdam.

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi all -

I'm 21 and had been heavily smoking for around a year. On and off socially for a couple before that.

I didn't realize how much it was affecting my core until I was hooked, and while I'd love to keep it as a once-in-a-while type of deal, I just don't think I can. I used to be the most ambitious, intelligent, emotionally stable, chill, cool, collected kid you'd ever met. I liked it because well a) it was "fun," and b) it let me experience things from a totally different perspective (I like to think a lot, so it gave me things to think about). I used to have my way with any girl and could clear any hurdle put in front of me without thinking.

Now, I can't hold a real conversation without getting bored, am inarticulate, nervous, tired, emotionally unattached, apathetic, dishevelled and supremely un-confident piece of garbage on the Earth. I lived my life toxin free up until I got to college, and then got bored with the 'college' life pretty quick and began to fill my life with pot and booze to pass the time. Maybe it's just me trying to shift the blame, but I really feel like our school system needs reform - I lost a lot of years there.

Anyway, I've been in the process of quitting for several months now. I've lapsed from time to time but have needed to really understand how it affected me (re: like to think a lot, analyse) as, for the first time in my life, I KNEW I wasn't 100% in control (read: control freak) and needed to know the difference between the two so I could say to myself: I don't like this. And yes; this could just be a defence mechanism because I'm definitely a cold turkey, gut-feeling type of guy... and have ALWAYS had my sharpness and wit. I no longer posses them, or at least in the same capacity.

For a long time the pot relaxed me, made me more creative. But after a while (without me realizing), it had gone completely the other way. I always felt like I moved through the world, and now it feels like the world moves through me.

My friends turned out to be garbage and didn't give me a drop of support, and while my parents have tried to help, they just can't relate.

I'm currently studying in Europe and spent $250 on an Amsterdam trip with my group, and would like to experience what it has to offer as sort of a last huzzah, but also know it will just reset me, even though I've just lapsed (and told myself how stupid it was, again). I don't really know where I'm going with this.... should I do it and then not look back? Eat the $250 and then say, **** it?

(This is something I would not normally need to ask.)

Cheers.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your story sounds familiar, it was like that for me too, it started of great and then slowly got more and more shit. It sounds like you have good reason to and want to quit, but are just struggling to get there. Amsterdam especially considering why it appeals to you is probably the worst place on earth you could go right now, deep down you know what you want and going there is really isn’t going to help you to achieve it, it will just immerse you back into every aspect of the dope culture, from the smoking to the loving and worship of it in general. It sounds like the best days you are likely to see from smoking dope are well and truly behind you, they were for me when I went, I too was already starting to feel some very negative effects, once you get to that stage and especially if you want to quit, if that’s what you are going for then there’s really not much point in going and even if it’s not it’s still one of the worst places you can go, let’s face it the temptation will still probably be too great, you know what you are going to end up doing. If smoking dope has had the effect it has had on you then you probably need to do all you can to detox and get away from it and start the process of recovering, I wish I stopped well before I did, I wouldn’t have done as much damage as I did to myself, unfortunately it’s been a good few years now and I have never recovered fully, I am nothing like the person I once was.

My advice to you if it is going the way you say it is, is to stop doing the damage and start the recovery, there’s always going to be another one “last” opportunity to smoke, which if you keep taking is never really the last and final farewell to it all. Considering the effect it is having on you the time to start as you mean to go on is now, you can keep putting it off until “tomorrow” forever and like the old saying goes “tomorrow never comes”. I apologise for been a bit rigid here in my advice, I really do, but from what you have said exactly the same alarm bells are ringing in regards to your situation as with mine, please stop the damage as soon as possible and start the recovery, the sooner you do the better you will recover, so no Amsterdam my friend is really not a good idea for you at this time.

Anyway that’s just my opinion, like I say I apologise if it seems a bit hard line, but considering what you have told me I genuinely think it’s the best thing to advise.

Anyway whatever you decide, take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes and what you decide to do.

All the best
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
      Hi there -

Thanks for the response. Your response is not hard lined at all. I know that it is the wrong thing for me right now. But I like to experience - and that certainly would be one.

I originally used the dope medically, but then eventually evolved into something else.

I do like the culture, but do know what it has done to me. I can only hope now that I can reverse what I have done. I believe I can (know I can), but it will take time. I see myself every day. I just need to be myself every day. It seems that I did it for a relatively short period of time compared to others on this board, but everyone is different in their rehabilitation and brain chemistry.

I now feel incredibly stupid for damaging my brain - it's the only thing that's kept me sane in this insane world. I wish I had had more support from my friends, but in the end, it was me who made the decisions.

On the other hand, saying no to the 'dam would be one resounding 'no'.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X