Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

How did you realize weed wasn't right for you anymore?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you realize weed wasn't right for you anymore?

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    A lot of you guys have quite or on the verge of quitting and that is really great. I am just curious what got most of you in to quitting.

Like my ex has lost almost everything, girlfriend, money, job, and might have a record and he still loves the drug as much as always. If he can't see it by then, then I don't know what can make him see that the drug is bad. Right now it seems like nothing.

I am just curious in what made you think "Weed is bad, I must stop!"

Was it a girlfriend/boyfriend, a situation, a loss of job? Anything.

Thanks

Hi Nakisai

For me the reason for quitting is that I want to start a family soon and have to make sure I can get by without smoking as I would hate to find myself pregnant and still have been smoking as wouldn't want to harm a baby. I guess everyone has their own reasons for wanting to detox and some people probably won't ever quit.

Daisy

Comment

i just felt it was ruining everything i my life.

i'd known for a few years it was bad and ruining me, and eventually i just thought enoughs enough - i felt if i didnt quit when i did then i would never of quit

becoming isolated, lost numerous friends, struggling to meet a girlfriend, making my studies really difficult, increased my depression, bad health, i looked like a druggie - all these reasons i just buit up and up until i just had to change

people repeatly begged me to stop smoking the drug but i didn't listen, i was addicted - and a person can only quit when they themselves decide to

Comment

hey I really like this thread! I have been thinking the same thing. Worried about my ex getting into trouble with the law and just wondering when he will ever get it! thanks for posting and I hope more people contribute to this thread.

Comment

I have a similar story to Daisy,

I have been trying for a baby for three years and I know that it is the drug that is stopping me, so its time to knock it on the head.

Also I feel that I have neglected my husband when I am stoned, he sometimes asks me questions and I don't even hear him. I don't think that I have been the best wife since we got married two years ago. I owe it to him to quit. And do you know what since I have quit we are getting on sooooo great. We have fallen in love with each other all over again.
          Together we can do it

Comment

Great Thread

I realized it when my wife left me. Of course pot was never right for me! but I didnt realized until all my selfesteem, relationships and selfworth was destroyed!

I was on a selfdestruction path and pot just accelerated it!

Comment

My Honeymoon Ended

I knew that I had to detox when getting high stopped being fun. Plain and simple. It turned into paranoia (sp?) and anxiety. It wasn't the endless fun time of driving around or hanging out at someone's house and getting high. It became something much much darker for me. I would wonder what I am doing with my life and the fact that I ended up in a string of dead-end jobs all because none of them drug tested. Enter in the feelings of being a complete and utter loser. Wondering why I don't have a boyfriend and why can't anyone love me.

Also it was my son. He and I were talking one morning while getting ready to go and he asked me about something that I said and I told him that I didn't remember saying that and he told me "you forget everything!" That went thru me like a knife. I knew I forgot alot because of the drug but when HE starting calling me on it, I knew something had to change. I didn't want to be the pothead mom. I knew that I was raised better than that and that I owed it to him to be better.

I have struggled with this addiction many times and I have relapsed twice but I am now on Day 5 and thanks to finding CannabisRehab.org and the MA online chat room, I now feel like this is the one. My detox has been wierd this time too. I am having some of the wierdest dreams and I am sweating a LOT at night when I'm in bed. But I know all of this stuff will pass in time. I am looking forward to buying a drug test at the store and passing it with flying colors so that I will know that the pot is out of my system forever.

Sometimes I think that I miss it, but I sit with those feelings for a little while and analyze them and I think it's just the addict talking and that I just miss the habitual stuff.

Today on Day 5 I feel great. I feel like I am truly on the road of being free. I didn't mean to write this much but I hope my words can help someone who is struggling with quitting or wondering if it's the right thing for them. To all that have quit, I say job well done! Keep up the good work! Keep posting on this site, it helps so many people so much!

Thanks.

Comment

for many I think it's not about realizing the drug isn't good for us anymore - for those whose life revolves around pot that is. It doesn't take long to realize things aren't too great being stoned 24/7. I guess in the end it's about whether you care enough about yourself and your life to quit.

Comment

I had an experience similar to Vixsin's in which I could no longer enjoy being high any more and I felt totally isolated because of my smoking. Paranoia, anxiety and depression set in and I was still unable to stop smoking. I realized I was addicted about three years before I successfully quit, but I wouldn't admit it to anyone, or really even look at it as the crisis that it was.

I had a near death experience and a death in my family that kind of pushed me over the edge. I realized that not only was I missing my life, but that I was unable to deal with what was going on to the point that I was putting myself and others in danger. It took me a long time to adjust to the idea that the drug is not a harmless drug, even though I had experienced it's harmful effects first-hand for years.

Very few people will talk openly about it. All of my friends continued to think about it positively in order to rationalize it, and they kind of supported me to keep smoking. Finally I had an older friend that I somehow became really close with, and when I told him I was quitting (even though I had no idea if I was able to) he said he was going to as well and I realized that everyone was just putting on this front that it was not harmful and that the harmful effects were not all in my head.

So I would say that the psychological factor of not being able to enjoy it is important, but for someone who is immersed in drug culture it is important to undergo the realization that drug culture is not at all what it appears to be on the surface. Beneath every experienced drug user, no matter what kind of front they put on, there is serious doubt as to what they are doing and there is eventually a hopelessness that become isolating and dangerous. If people keep allowing the appearance of drug culture to pacify them they will continue to smoke even if it is causing them a tremendous amount of suffering. It is all too easy to put off quitting and tell yourself it is all in your head, that you are just failing in other parts of your life and blaming it on the drugs.

Once you lose the ability to rationalize the addiction through the ideas propagated in drug culture I think it is almost inevitable that you will quit. This is because once one loses these ideas which originally convinced them to smoke they no longer have any logical reason to continue to smoke, and the only logical thing for them to begin thinking is that they have an addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by ajh151h View Post
                    Once you lose the ability to rationalize the addiction through the ideas propagated in drug culture I think it is almost inevitable that you will quit. This is because once one loses these ideas which originally convinced them to smoke they no longer have any logical reason to continue to smoke, and the only logical thing for them to begin thinking is that they have an addiction.
                    I will second, third, and FOURTH that!!!!! Well said!!!

Comment

I felt like a loser as well Vixsin

Originally posted by Vixsin View Post
                      I knew that I had to detox when getting high stopped being fun. Plain and simple. It turned into paranoia (sp?) and anxiety. It wasn't the endless fun time of driving around or hanging out at someone's house and getting high. It became something much much darker for me. I would wonder what I am doing with my life and the fact that I ended up in a string of dead-end jobs all because none of them drug tested. Enter in the feelings of being a complete and utter loser. Wondering why I don't have a boyfriend and why can't anyone love me.

Also it was my son. He and I were talking one morning while getting ready to go and he asked me about something that I said and I told him that I didn't remember saying that and he told me "you forget everything!" That went thru me like a knife. I knew I forgot alot because of the drug but when HE starting calling me on it, I knew something had to change. I didn't want to be the pothead mom. I knew that I was raised better than that and that I owed it to him to be better.

I have struggled with this addiction many times and I have relapsed twice but I am now on Day 5 and thanks to finding CannabisRehab.org and the MA online chat room, I now feel like this is the one. My detox has been wierd this time too. I am having some of the wierdest dreams and I am sweating a LOT at night when I'm in bed. But I know all of this stuff will pass in time. I am looking forward to buying a drug test at the store and passing it with flying colors so that I will know that the pot is out of my system forever.

Sometimes I think that I miss it, but I sit with those feelings for a little while and analyze them and I think it's just the addict talking and that I just miss the habitual stuff.

Today on Day 5 I feel great. I feel like I am truly on the road of being free. I didn't mean to write this much but I hope my words can help someone who is struggling with quitting or wondering if it's the right thing for them. To all that have quit, I say job well done! Keep up the good work! Keep posting on this site, it helps so many people so much!

Thanks.
                      I can truly relate too many of the reasons you decided to detox because they mirror my own. the drug smoking used to be so much fun that I couldn't imagine why everyone didn't partake. However, after several years of smoking the stuff, it indeed became something much darker for me as well and I began to experience paranoia and anxiety. Feeling like a loser and stuck in low paying jobs made me reexamine the direction and course of my life. I know God has greater plans for me them giving my life, will, self-esteem and strength to pot. It is a struggle some days , especially on the weekends to stay clean but forums like this one really helps. Thanks so much and God bless !

Comment

feelings are meant to be felt

God willing indeed... We are all meant for far more greatness than that high that is ALWAYS a fleeting moment of happiness.... I would much rather wished that I smoked and didn't then went ahead and smoked and regretted that I did.

That ancient bond we have all shared with family and friends of "burning one" was a good time for a while but, eventually I think we want/have to bow down to the past to be present for the future....

I can't wait to see what my new personality is going to become without the need to be numb!

Best wishes all!

chadventure

Comment

Why I quit

I can definitely relate to what others have said - getting high was no longer fun, and took me to a dark place where I knew I was wasting my life and felt terrible about myself - unaccomplished, unhealthy, aimless - but was too stoned to do anything about it. I felt unattractive and out of shape, but regularly chose getting high over going to the gym. the drug was making me paranoid, and isolating me from friends who didn't smoke because being around sober people when I was high made me really anxious and awkward. I was irresponsible about paying bills and calling people back. I had been smoking almost daily for a good 5 years. At one point, I was pretty much high all the time and smoked joints in my car while driving - completely stupid. At my worst, I went through at least an 8th per week. Luckily, I never got in any trouble with the law.

For the past several months I hadn't been smoking as much because I was busy with a full time job and taking a few classes, but I still hit the bong as soon as I got home. I rationalized it to myself since I was doing well in work and school, not being a complete idiot as described above, and giving other people the impression that I had my life together. But I still felt really tired, depressed and anxious much of the time. I was excessively paranoid, especially about my health, and could no longer tell the difference between what was real and what wasn't. I was convinced I couldn't trust my boyfriend even though I had no concrete reasons beyond my own insecurity. More generally, I was out of touch with who I am and what I want in life. I had a very bleak view of my future, and dealt with it by smoking more and more.

I didn't fully understand the severity of my situation until I ran out and didn't smoke for two weeks, but at that point I had no intention to detox permanently. For the first week I actually felt really good, clear-minded and full of energy, but then the detox kicked in. My stomach hurt, I couldn't sleep, had crazy nightmares when I did sleep, and I felt more anxious and unhappy than ever. The horrible detox symptoms finally convinced me that it's a real addiction and I can't have a sane, purposeful life unless I completely stop.

It's been a little over a month now. I still feel a bit weird sometimes and get headaches, but overall I feel much better than when I was smoking. I'm calmer and more hopeful about the future, and I can finally sleep through a whole night and feel rested in the morning. I'd like to think that I can be an occasional social smoker again someday, but it won't be anytime soon if ever. I don't even think I'd like it - I'd probably feel too guilty and worried about relapsing into daily smoking to enjoy the high. I never want to go through the hell of detox again, and I'm so excited to get out of this weed-addiction rut and move forward with my life.

Comment

Congrats S. Shortcake

Welcome to the forum, Strawberry Shortcake. You are among friends here.

Boy, could I relate to everything you said. When I was high, it's ALL I wanted to be. I used to think that I could solve all of my problems when I was high because I could "think so much clearer". What a crock of crap! Now that I don't smoke, I know what clear thinking truly is. It feels so great. I got so tired of hiding all of the time. Passing up better jobs because they drug tested. I am so happy to not live like that anymore. My addiction didn't stop even when I was arrested. That was a great day....NOT! They wanted to charge me with distribution because I had 3 seperate bags on me. Not to mention 2 bowls and a 1 hitter. Geez, what a nightmare that was. It was a wake up call only for a short time. I quit for a year because I had to be on probation but the day before my probation ended, I called my dealer and set it up to get a bag on the last day of my probation.

My addiction to the drug went on for years. Despite being a single mom and having to think about my son. I used to rationalize it by saying because I don't drink, it was ok to get high. Everyone has their vices. Now that I don't smoke, I see just how wrong that statement is. I am so much happier with my life now. Sure, I have problems and difficulties just like everyone else, but it's the way I handle them now that I am so impressed with. I am able to talk to my sober friends and seek their advice where as before I would try to solve it all myself. I can accept my shortcomings and work towards making a better me. One thing that I have noticed is how much I feel that I have grown up emotionally.

I love how self aware I have become and feeling like I am growing up finally. I give credit to the praying I do everyday to help me through this. It's still 1 day at a time for me. I try to plan how I will react to certain situations, and I feel that I am so much better for it. I don't see my smoking friends too much anymore, but I try to keep in contact with them in other ways (face book and texting). I don't want to cut them out of my life, but I know that I can't go over and hang out like I used to. The temptation will be too great for me and the best thing for me to do is not to be around it. I don't trust myself, plain and simple.

Today is Day 23. I feel better than ever. I still have some pretty funky dreams. The dreams about smoking used to scare me, but now I am grateful for them because of how great I feel in the morning when I wake up and realize that I DIDN'T smoke. Thank you again, to CannabisRehab.org for all of you who offer up your stories for the benefit of others. You have all helped me in one way or another. It feels great to not feel like I'm alone in this. I hope that I can help someone in the same ways.

Congrats to all who have decided to quit. Strength, wisdom and support to all those who are trying to quit. You are not alone here. There IS strength in numbers.

Be free.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              i've known the drug was bad for me since i started paying for it ... when i was 14-18 it was always free because alot of my close friends were dealers and gave it to me for 'samples' and to refer people their way.. it has been 4 years i have been paying for it, and it has accumulated a pretty penny along the way. probably, enough for a down payment for an apartment or some such. i find myself isolating people just so i can lock myself in my house and get high and play video games. i am also an artist, so naturally i think 'being high' helps my creativity, when in reality, i get lazier, and less motivated to finish projects.

quitting is never an easy thing to do especially when you have constant enablers around. all my friends who smoke say 'weed till they die' and people i play online video games with who have become friends are always constantly lighting up and the sound of the bong, or toke.. just sinks in and it kicks that addiction switch back on ..

i hope one day i can find the courage to detox again, and live happily ever after with my wife and 2 kids.

good luck to everyone XD

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X