Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Finding it tough on day 8

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding it tough on day 8

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Today has been tough, but I'm staying strong and not going to cave this time. I made the decision to stop smoking the drug 19 days ago, I only lasted 6 without it but then had a weekend off work and found that really hard as I'm not a drinker and I enjoyed smoking so much so I had 1 joint on the Saturday and 1 on the Sunday, I then only managed 2 days without and was in a bit of a state on the Wednesday and my husband rolled me a j, he made it a really strong one and I think this helped as I didn't really enjoy the feeling of being so stoned. Since then I've gone without so I'm now on day 8. This is longest I've gone without in about 9 years. I've been doing well but today has been hard. I haven't kept myself busy enough and so the idea creeps into my head and stays there but I don't want to go back to being on day 1 again. I'm just so emotional today and stroppy and moody.

I'm so glad to have found CannabisRehab.org as I have somewhere to share how I'm feeling and the support is great. I just need to make sure I come back here next time I'm feeling like smoking.

Hopefully tomorrow will be easier

Hey Daisy,

Good for you and hang tough as i'm on day 4 myself... I have been wanting to detox the "happy smoke" since 2000 and the most I could ever muster was
    two months and that was about 5 months ago. I thought I was in the clear but the BIG green monster came back, as usual. Now I'm more determined than ever to end this silly but serious matter. Some people can take a toke or two once in a while, but i'm just not that type of person. Even as much as i've tried in the past TEN years to be an occasional smoker it ALWAYS eventually becomes a daily thing. Its kinda of a drag, no pun intended but if i'm honest with myself and my soon to be wife I know I can kick this counter-productive pot head behavior.

I don't have any bad feelings about the pot as it mellowed me out for 20 plus years, but I want to now form my personality without the need for weed.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

If I were in your shoes I would try taking L-Theanine and getting a lot of exercise for a while. This is the best way to reduce the chance of relapse and make the detox more comfortable.

Sometimes when detox symptoms are very bad we rationalize smoking again, by telling ourselves things like "smoking is not actually that bad I was just overreacting" or, "I can smoke occasionally and be fine" or "I'll quit tomorrow." Deep down you know that this it just self-deception and that smoking is only going to set you back to where you were before you managed to quit. If you relapse you might not be able to detox again for a very long time. I quit smoking many times in the period that I was addicted, only to relapse after a few days, a few weeks, or even after a month or two. Every time I got back to an addiction stage almost immediately.

If you get good exercise you will not need to rationalize a relapse because you won't need the drug nearly as much. In a way exercise naturally does what thc does to the body by reducing anxiety and depression. This is why exercise makes the detox much more comfortable and causes psychological rehabilitation to take place much faster. If you are feeling very bad at any given moment, and are unable to exercise, you can also take L-Theanine capsules, which are described in detail in a sticky thread. In short, they will make you feel much better for a period of two to five hours.

Take care.
      Last edited by ajh151h; 02-26-2010, 02:30 AM. Reason: added detail

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
        Thanks guys for your support, made it through and now having a much better day, so glad I didn't cave.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X