Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

3rd Time is the Charm? Yes! - Quitting dope

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Time is the Charm? Yes! - Quitting dope

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi Everyone.

I have been a long time user. I would go through 1/4 - 1/2 oz in roughly a week. I first quit the night before Thanksgiving this year and made it 30 days and then relapsed. The seond time was a few days later - quit again and again made it to 30 days and within a couple of days, I was back at the "friend's" house and puffing again. That one lasted 2 weeks. Sunday night, I threw out all of my stuff and accessories and flushed the remaining the drug that I had. Today is day 2 and I feel great.

I feel great about my decision because I KNOW it's the right decision for me. I can't deal with the mood swings anymore. I certainly can't take the anxiety that I am creating for myself. My thoughts are quieter now.

I am very glad to have stumbled onto this forum, I feel that it will be really helpful for me in reading all of your posts because you all are going thru the same things that I am. I am confident that this is the one that will "stick."

3rd time is the charm, right? I look forward to getting to know many of you!

Good to meet you, Vixsin.

Speaking of anxiety, I had 4 major panic attacks while high. My anxiety was unmanageable when I wasn't high (which wasn't often), but still using. Based on a number of studies, pot can exacerbate already existing conditions like depression and anxiety.

Good to hear you are still working for this. For me, things had to get bad enough. Many people do say this, though: they quit when it simply is bad enough.

Welcome!

Comment

Good luck! Continually coming back to these forums and readings peoples stories really does help :-)

Comment

Hi Vixsin and welcome to the forum.

The anxiety and mood swings can be quite a challenge, but they should calm down and are often all part of the process of quitting. Well done on throwing out all your accessories and flushing your stash down the toilet, it should help to lessen the temptation. I too am glad you have found us and look forward to getting to know you. I am sure 3 times will be the charm, just take it one day at a time.

Take care, hang in there and please keep us posted.

All the best
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Just a quick update. Today is Day 10. I can't believe I have made it a week and a half! This is such an amazing feeling this time. Some of my dreams are still kinda wierd but not as bad. I cant tell you how blessed I feel to have found this forum, another self help one that gives inspirational thoughts for you for the first 30 days of quitting, and the MA online chat room! It really feels different this time! I feel educated and empowered this time as opposed to scared and powerless. I have been to the gym almost everyday since quitting and that has helped so much as well!

Thank you all for the support. Sending positive thoughts to all who are thinking of quitting and to all who have.

Be free

Comment

Well done Vixsin, it’s great to hear how well you are doing, keep up the good work!
            Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

How are you "Dude", I must say that I've experienced my first bout of anxiety about 3 months ago and yes I had been sporatically smoking pot. I definitely believe there is a direct correlation between pot smoking and development/escalation of anxiety attacks. I have been oscillating back and forth between quitting and trying it "one last time" however, my constant paranoia and anxiety while smoking dictates my need to reach out to others for support. I am so thankful I came across this forum, God bless !

Comment

I cannot believe that I have made it to Day 16! Over 2 weeks pot free and it's so great. I am finding out who I am without the weed. I am no longer "The Stoner" and that feels amazing.

Bearrusty, welcome to the forum! You have found the right place to reach out for any support you are looking for. We are all in this together.

Comment

Thank you so much Vixsin..... the rehab group truly is a god send. I will continue to reach out to you guys for strength/support as well as lend my strengh/support to all of you . Thanks again for the welcome !

Comment

Originally posted by bearrusty1 View Post
                    Thank you so much Vixsin..... the rehab group truly is a god send. I will continue to reach out to you guys for strength/support as well as lend my strengh/support to all of you . Thanks again for the welcome !
                    There is no need to thank me. I was welcomed just as warmly from someone else not so long ago. It feels like the natural thing to do to welcome someone else.

Just an update on me. Today is Day 23. Thanks to this forum, I feel great. I feel for the first time in a very long time that I am going to make it. I am learning who I am and I look forward to finding that out. I can't believe that in 1 more week, I will be at 30 days. What a great feeling.

Thank you all again for your continued support.

Comment

Day 16!

Hi All,

It's CannabisRehab.org that I turn to when my head is spinning and I can't thank you all enough for
                      your stories of hope and courage to walk through the middle of life without lighting up! I am also recovering people pleaser and that seemed to make me say commets I wouldn't have made and put my in an odd space I'd rather not be. For me, quitting pot is helping me regrow a spine again and say what I REALLY feel instead of saying what I think people want me to say.

"I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did."

(Henry James)

This quote at first bothered me for some reason but after I read it a few more times I got it!

I believe I FINALLY understand this addiction and it took me 24 years to figure it out! Well i'm 39 now and I'm getting married in 4 months to my best friend who ISN'T a pot head and thank my lucky stars for having her in my life! : ^D

Kind thoughts all!

chadventure

p.s. Why do they make those digits and letters in all images so cryptic?

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                        Hi Chadventure

I am glad to hear the rehab group is of help to you. I am sorry about the cryptic nature of the captcha’s, that’s the way the makers of the software CannabisRehab.org uses have made them, they have to be a little bit difficult to decipher in order to prevent spam, modern day mass spamming programs are pretty sophisticated and could probably solve them though optical character recognition if they were any simpler. If you register I don’t think you have to enter the captcha’s.

Take care and keep up the good work.
                        Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X