Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

I need to quit weed, its not working! help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to quit weed, its not working! help!

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi, just found CannabisRehab.org so thought I would post for advice of others in a similar situation.

I'm in my early 20's, have been smoking the drug since i was 17, started daily when i turned 19, since then its been a $20 a day habbit and over 6 trips to amsterdam to get my fix.

I have come to the realisation that this has to stop now, enough is enough, iv been there done that.

I come from a very conservative family whom dont even know about the effects of the drug let alone know i smoke so much.

I live on my own and i'm currently supposed to be in my 3rd year of university, however im confident I have failed this year already, I cant concentrate one bit at getting any work done.

I just need to get passed the craving to get high, few weeks sober and im sure i will be fine.

It just doesnt happen, always just end up buying yet another sack.

I have just finnished my stash, and its happening again, im beggining to feel depressed since there aint no bud left!

This is messed up because I should consider myself very lucky and have nothing to be sad or upset about. I consider myself to be fairly well off and even though i spend so much money on the drug still own my own property and own 2 cars, so why can someone tell me this need or dependancy on weed?

I just dont get it, I should be ****in happy without this shit, whats wrong with me? why cant i be greatful for what I have without being high?

Originally posted by M.Green View Post
    Hi, just found CannabisRehab.org so thought I would post for advice of others in a similar situation.

I'm in my early 20's, have been smoking the drug since i was 17, started daily when i turned 19, since then its been a $20 a day habbit and over 6 trips to amsterdam to get my fix.

I have come to the realisation that this has to stop now, enough is enough, iv been there done that.

I come from a very conservative family whom dont even know about the effects of the drug let alone know i smoke so much.

I live on my own and i'm currently supposed to be in my 3rd year of university, however im confident I have failed this year already, I cant concentrate one bit at getting any work done.

I just need to get passed the craving to get high, few weeks sober and im sure i will be fine.

It just doesnt happen, always just end up buying yet another sack.

I have just finnished my stash, and its happening again, im beggining to feel depressed since there aint no bud left!

This is messed up because I should consider myself very lucky and have nothing to be sad or upset about. I consider myself to be fairly well off and even though i spend so much money on the drug still own my own property and own 2 cars, so why can someone tell me this need or dependancy on weed?

I just dont get it, I should be ****in happy without this shit, whats wrong with me? why cant i be greatful for what I have without being high?
    First of all, welcome to the rehab group M. Green!! Congrats to you on your decision and desire to quit. We are all glad that you're here and you will find that you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings here. We are all in the same boat. We used to get high and decided that we wanted to quit.

My advice to you is to think about why you want to quit. You've already taken a very important first step in realizing that you have a problem and wanting to change. I will tell you that it is possible and definitely can be done. I smoked everyday ALL day for years and years. I quit 15 days ago. The key in the beginning is to take things 1 day at a time. Even 1 minute at a time if you have to. Give yourself some credit about wanting to change, that all by itself is BIG.

You can do it. Find things to keep you busy. Maybe join a gym? That's helped me a LOT! When you have cravings, come to CannabisRehab.org and read other people's stories. That has helped me alot too. It's a great feeling to know that you aren't alone in this. We all used to be powerless against weed. You too can make that decision to not LET it have that power over you anymore.

It may not be easy, but I know you can do it. Please keep us updated on how you're doing. I look forward to getting to know you.

Be free.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
      Hi M.Green and welcome.

Well done on your decision to quit, it can be a complex question as to why we feel the need to do drugs, ranging from the simple fact that many of us may just like to get high and become reliant on that feeling, to more deep rooted psychological issues that we may be self medicating to deal with in some kind of way, who knows perhaps it can be different for all of us.

Anyway it sounds like you genuinely want to detox so I am sure you will be able to do so, you may have messed up the year you have just done at university, but in time I am sure you can put that right, you will probably need to get control of this situation and put yourself right first though.

Anyway I am sure you can do it and we will be with you all the way.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X