Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

The weekends are the worst !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weekends are the worst !

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hello everyone, I'm just checking into the rehab group and thought I would vent on the board a little. I can't understand why it seems that the weekends are the worst for me as far as craving to smoke weed. I had been clean for approximately two months up til the holidays (Dec., 2009), when I began slowly smoking again supposedly "only on weekends". Perhaps this is why I can feel so disgusted with myself on Sunday night, be completely committed to get clean on Monday thru say Thursday evening and then begin to crave again. I understand that it's the cycle of addiction but I really have to get a grip. I mentioned earlier on the board that I just completed my master's and am now in the process of trying to find a job, so I have to be cannibis free. However, my drug addicted mind has been as of late wanting to get stoned every weekend. It's like the urges and cravings come from outside of myself and I am somehow in a trance like state even before I decide to buy anything. I know I can overcome the urges as long as I remain diligent to not giving momentum to these urges/cravings by not dwelling or focusing on them. I also know that if I consciously block every self negating thought and replace it with a positive one, then I at least stand a chance. Unfortunately, these principles, concepts, and ideas/ideals are sometimes easier to state than to actually carry out but no one ever said rehabilitation was easy but the rewards of secure employment and long-term mental/physical health are definitely worth the effort. Keep praying for me as I will all of you. I know somehow if we remain determined we can defeat this thing called addiction !

I think the weekends can be so tough because that’s the time that we associate with kicking back and relaxing and we associate kicking back and relaxing with smoking cannabis, I think the key is to find new things to do that you start to associate this kind of recreational time with, finding new things to enjoy is crucial to in order to replace the time you would have spent use drugs with. You need to rediscover those things you used to enjoy in a way that does not involve having you use drugs to do so. What else other than smoking cannabis do you like to do? Do you have any hobbies?
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Thanks for the response Rehab Admin and yes I actually like to read a lot in my past time and I used to exercise however, I haven't been to the gym in awhile. I'm feeling a little aggravated/irritated because everytime I believe I have a resolution/plan to employ to overcome my drug use something else pops up. You may have recalled that I am currently seeking employment, well I have one incident on my criminal background record that keeps preventing me from getting the jobs I seek. The incident is from 1998 and I paid the fine and am cleared of any charges but I was just informed by a pharmacist friend that I can't apply at any hospitals until I get this crap esponged off my record. I know the process and have called the office of the solicitor general to find out the procedure. Basically, I have to pay the $200 fee(which I don't have at the moment) and send in the request. So now I feel like I'm back to square one until I get this **** off my record. I've been clean for 7 days as of today but I confess after speaking with my pharmacist friend, I really feel like getting a bag of the drug and saying f*** it, since it's useless to even apply to the hospitals and government agencies until I get that one stupid charge esponged/removed from my record. Ugghhh !!!!!!

Comment

If I was you I would probably try to throw myself into the exercise thing as much as possible, it can be a real life line and really beneficial for people who are trying to detox drink or drugs, it will also help to release many of those feel good chemicals that your body is really missing at the moment and when you are too tired to exercise try reading material that will help to give you strength, fill your time with as many positive things and as much positivity as possible, they will really help with the mental battle.

Tough break about the catch 22 situation you are in with seeking employment, still just think that every bit of money saved on buying the drug can go towards solving the problem, it won’t be many bags of the drug that you don’t buy before you will have the money.

Hang in there pal, I can tell you have your head screwed on and I know you can do it. I just know things will be much brighter for you soon, this is all stuff that is fixable so stay positive.

Take care, thanks for keeping us posted and please continue to do so.

Speak soon.
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Keep up the good work buddy dont give it up now. I can smoways relate to the feeling that weekends are the worst. I myself think that the worse times in the cravings or withdrawals or whatever the feelings of quitting the drug making you feel are the times that were used to smoke weed. Like for myself i used to smoke daily (one to two grams/day) and the usual time for my smoking was somewhere around from 18.00-03.00 (so 8PM to 3AM).

Everyday as those hours get closer i start to feel more anxious and more depressed. It is clearly related to my smoking the drug habit so i think there isnt anything unusual about you feeling yourself down in the weekends as you have been smoking in the weekends lately.

take care and be brave!

Comment

Thnx Rehab Admin that info was really useful !

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
              Fin no more, thanks so much for the encouragement and words of advice. I am sure this too shall pass and I know that my cravings on the weekends are directly correlated to that period being my smoke time. I will continue to work towards my sobriety and reclaim my life. Thanks again for your response !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X