Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Me and Pot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and Pot

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I just found this forum, and im glad to see something like this. the following is a brief glimpse into my experiences. You may read, comment, and hopefully become enlightened.

grade 10. I remember my friend offering me a pipe with some chron in it. Years of teachers telling me to resist peer pressure were useless apparently. Got high, enjoyed it. Started happening more and more after that. It causes a major issue when i was younger because it really escalated from there. I found that the majority of the problems came from a friend who was really into it and wanted to grow pot. He got caught and told the cops it was mine. This just shows what pot can do, cause your best friend to back stab you.

I always thought it wasn't addictive. Or at least it was only mentally addictive. Somewhat like "i like milkshakes, so ill keep drinking them" that sort of thing.

I'm 23 now, 4th year university student. I still smoke. In fact theres a big cool looking glass bong right on my desk. Thats it's place. I try to justify the health aspect in saying i use a water filter but in reality smoke is smoke for the most part. a few years ago i noticed a change. This was the change from the mentally addictive drug to the chemically addicted drug. the first time i quit i noticed that i ate alot less, and sometimes felt kinda down. I looked at myself and realized i was experiencing withdrawal. I started to think about my future, and what, if any role pot would play. There were many times where i tried to find a place for it, but i know deep down that if i want to begin a successful and happy life i will need to get rid of it.

a few things about me. I am an openminded, free spirited individual. when i dont have pot i am not cuddled in the fedal position on the floor, nor am i going crazy. I can sit at my desk and feel inside the growing urge to get high. And honestly, when i have the stuff, my mind makes up any excuse to get high. And i do. "I got a few hours before class, ill be sober in an hour". that sort of thing.

I am a generally happy person, or i try to be. And when i envision my future i have a hard time seeing myself not smoking pot. And this is what concerns me. I know that if i 100% needed to get rid of it all i could because i've quit before. What i feel is that i've been in school for my entire life so far. And i think its the school atmosphere that is causing my stress and making me want to smoke. That and the fact that everyone at school smokes.

I'm actually about to hit a bong in a few minutes. What i'm really looking to get out of CannabisRehab.org is to find like minded people who are interested in discussing their usage and how it affects them. My parents are wonderful loving people, and they've caught me smoking a few times. but if they ever thought that i had a problem they would likely institutionalize me and make a bigger deal out of it than i want. I dont want an intervention. I want to be able to stop smoking on my own, sort of "win this battle for myself". If i decide to detox for good it would be nice to have someone i can chat with to discuss how its going.

thanks for letting me get this out.

Hey, your situation sounds similar to mine. I was so determined not to smoke today, just because I thought I could and I thought that cutting down for now would suffice...but I have just scored an eighth because I am literally sat in my house with my dog doing uni work and I feel it is just so damned tedious and mundane unless I'm stoned and that everything/one slightly irritates me when I try and turkey it. I am too in my fourth year of study and I remember thinking when I start uni I'll definitely quit so my head is clear etc bla bla bla...and now like you I'm saying I'll just keep smoking till my studies are over as I don't need the extra stress bla bla bla. There's always going to be something and if I'm totally honest I think it's because I do like being in my stoned state, but I also know because of it I'm not living the full decent healthy life I want to (mind you who truly is?) Basically it's not right is it or we wouldn't be here but heyho tomorrow's another day...take it easy

Comment

whattsup guys. I am a frshman in uni and i love it. I smoked soo much the drug my last few years of highschool and like yourselves i figured that when i went away to school i'd grow up and grow out of it. I still smoke everyday, and think about it all the time. I have not smoked for a day or two at a time and feel no problems with quitting so i just figure that i dont need to stop if im not addicted. I tell myself that i just enjoy being high and it makes being bored when theres nothing to do better. I do (almost) all of my work. I am at the point where i can totally function when im high, being able to talk to anyone or do work without a problem (as you both are as well i'd assume. I do sometimes think however that my vision is slightly jaded and i think that i am not addicted just so i dont have to detox smoking. I do spend allot of money on it and deffinitally do have urges to smoke a nice blunt once in a while but havent decided if im at the point if i should start getting things back under controll. I dont know if/when that will be. The thought of quiting is on my mind however, almost as much as wanting to be high.

Comment

Hi inthegrinder and Unregistered guest welcome to the forum.

Inthegrinder it sounds like you may well have an addiction, the fact that it affects your appetite and mood when you don’t do it may well be a sign that you are on a slippery slope at the very least. It’s sounds like you and Unregistered guest have not been too negatively affected by it yet, not like some of us have, but that doesn’t mean it won’t do so in the not too distant future, it was the same for me for a good few years and then when it started to do the real damage it did so fast and by that time I was so dependent on the stuff that I carried on, much longer after I should have quit anyway. If you don’t feel able to detox just yet, perhaps you guys might want to try cutting back a bit first, if you can stick to it, it can be the easier way to do it and should help to minimize any detox effects like your mood and appetite. Anyway just something to consider, but that fact that you are here probably means that you have been questioning it seriously at the very least, even if you don’t feel you are able to detox completely just yet. All of us here have been through or are going through a similar thing, so I am sure you will get a good insight into what others have or are experiencing.

Anyway thanks for posting, take care and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Hey Blogger,

I've read through ALOT of the posts on this forum, and to be honest it scared me hearing about people not sleeping, throwing up, getting sick, etc.

I've smoked for 9 years. and for the last 5 its been A L O T. 2-3g/day. if i had a friend over on the weekend it would be an easy half-q a day. I've been off it for 3 days, and i havn't felt anything as serious as this. In fact the main reason i havn't quit before, is because when i stop, i don't get withdrawl close to as bad as people on here have. I give you guys props.

Just today (an hour ago infact) i started taking L-Theanine (300mg/day im taking). It says it should work after an hour, and honestly i do feel relaxed. But being a scientific mind i'll assume thats just a placebo effect so ill wait a few days before i give more details (reposting this in the L-Theanine thread as well).

I read a post from another person, and they said that they quit because they smoked a joint and they felt an overwhelming rush. Basically they got WAY too high. When i was deciding to quit, this happened to me. Could hear my heart pumping, breathing got difficult, that sort of thing. And that was it, TIME TO QUIT! At the end of the day i want my body to be healthy so i can live a full healthy life.

I would love to have some folks i can chat with about this.
          I fully understand that you guys want to keep conversations on the forum, but i really think some live communication would be helpful. And besides, i'll never stop posting here. Its so unbelievably helpful. So if anyone wants to chat i would really appreciate it. Send me a message with your msn if you want to chat.

Thanks again.

Comment

So i just finished my first day of hardcore studying for my big exam on Tuesday. The L-theanine seems to help me settle down and study for a good 9 hours in the school library today.

After i came home i started to feel alot of anxiety because my roomates and a bunch of our friends were over, and of course a bunch of em were smoking. I was even offered a hit from one of my best friends, who i have smoked with 100 times before, and said no thanks. The smell was almost intoxicating and i couldn't get it off my mind.

I had a Don (mini cigar) but it didn't really calm my nerves. Fortunitly im not at risk of being addicted to tobacco because seriously the stuff simply doesn't appeal to me, but on occasion ill have a Don but even that im doing like once a month.

Time for sleep, and another day of hardcore studying. hopefully this anxiety goes away.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
              Hang in there mate. I hope the exam went well.

Take care and please keep us posted.
              Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X