Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Hi everyone - Quitting weed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone - Quitting weed

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi everyone,
    I have been reading your messages for a while now and I want you all to know they've provided me with great comfort just by knowing there are so many of us out there festering away
    I wanted to begin messaging you all when I'd quit but I really can't seem to get past that initial step and I hate myself for being so weak and controlled. After about 3 days the anxiety and feelings of emptiness and worthless take over every time, the drug is all around me and I could write a book the size of war and peace on the self justifications I tell myself. As with many of you I hide my addiction very successfully from the world (hence my username) I come across as an extremely outgoing and balanced individual, when inside I am truly crippled with fear and self doubt which nobody knows, I even have to psyche myself up to walk my dog so as for social gatherings well, I'm beside myself inside as I've always been such an extrovert to everyone I feel like a performer sick with nerves before going on stage, and it is all an act, how I haven't been rumbled big time is beyond me! Perhaps everyone thinks I'm a freak and I'm just too stoned to realise haha! Joking aside I only go to certain gatherings to face my fears, which I know is important as I'm in the last year of a degree as a therapist to help others!! Can you ruddy believe it! I feel such a fraud I can't even sort myself out. I have smoked/self medicated with green heavily for about 16 years now, although when I was younger the drug was the least of my problems because I did the lot. A LOT!!
    For a while now I've been resided to the fact that most people in my life drink to get by and I feel the drug is a lesser evil of the two, it keeps me in the house, out of trouble and in no danger of making a fool out of myself (I can barely look at new people never mind owt else!!)
    So, er.. bit of a pointless ramble really, although it does feel good to share my thoughts with like minded folk and it's better than spending the last 20 minutes stoned and catching flies as always!
    Anyhoo, thanks so much for listening to a bit about me and I look forward to posting a thread on the first day of being the drug free as I am determined to get there very soon, I yearn to lead a full life and feel happy but think I will need to buy the supplements a lot of you mentioned (L theanine?) to assist with all the grimness that quitting brings...till next time take care y'all x BIG love x
    P.S. This may come across a little light hearted but I am in tears writing this and humour is just my way

Gosh thought i was reading about myself there for a minute. Funny how we all have similiar views. Ive been smoking 20 years. love it more than anything but dont like all the attachments to it. I get really lazy ive stopped visiting family so much can hardly get myself to work, please myself do agency. Need to go permanant i think. I totally envy people who havent crossed this path. Its self destructive. I have had one half soaked attempt to cut down. Done aweek. Felt different and i liked it. I need to set up a plan. Including exercise init. I feel weak too. Searched around for that theatine cant find it cause i get well aggitated. Dont think there is that much support for us really, i searched. Theres no support groups to attend. This is about the only thing, this forrum, Dismal thought that is. Anyway im rattling on now,i could talk all night about this. I dont drink or smoke ciggareettes, wish i had same attitude to the drug as i do them revolting Keep in touch

Comment

i think your thinking of l-Theanine.

I went looking for some today to try it out. Just make sure you research it so you know what to expect. Unfortunitly it was sunday and the bigger stores were closed.

I'm just finishing school, and i think after i graduate im going to quit, and throw out everything in my room (other than expensive stuff). Kind of starting anew. It'll help me when i get off it. .

Comment

Hey, I just scored some when I was going to try and be the drug free for the day (baby steps n all) I totally get the plan and exercise thing as you can't sit in the same room doing whatever it is you normally do without the drug it's painful and pretty unbearable I think. It's like 'is feeling this low really worth it, go on just have a j'...I got up really early and walked for miles today and I am tired now but know my mind will not turn off without a j and I have a busy day tomorrow which won't warrant a sleepless night so I'm just about to have one after how well I've done all day, but heyho it's been a bit like ground hog day for the past 10 years so another won't do any harm I'm sure Take care

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
          Hi masquerade and welcome to the forum.

I know what you mean I think we have all indulged in the justifications for smoking, but deep down we know we have a habit whichever way we look at it. It does get a bit like ground hog day like after you have been doing it for a number of years, perhaps you might want to taper off before you quit completely if you are able to do that, some are and some aren’t but it’s something else to perhaps consider.

Thanks for posting, take care and please keep us posted on how it goes.
          Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X