Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

How do you guys deal with people smoking cannabis around you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys deal with people smoking cannabis around you?

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Ok so we all have friends who smoke pot and what i want to know is how you guys deal with it. When my friends are smokeing around me i usually step outside and think about my future for 15 minutes and by then there done smokeing. Also i think i found a way to fight the urge to smoke. My friend rolled a bulnt and started to smoke in front of me so i got a energy drink like a monster or a amped and drank it and my urge went away it even helped me with my anxiety.

yeah thats what i do man, i just step outside till the smoke clears, the smell of it triggers somthing in my brain that makes me want to smoke. u just gotta be strong, if they are good enough friends they will let u do that and open a window for you. if not ditch them coz there not gonna let u move forward with your life. its easy to say ditch everyone that smokes but we all know its not that simple because are social life has been built around cannabis, if we really did ditch everyone that smok'd we'd all be loners, but thats just my personal opinion man, its all about willpower, im surprised the energy drink helped tho, it usually makes my anxiety/panic attacks worse.

Comment

if im really getting anxious id either take something for it (L-theanine), but thats only if i REALLY feel anxious. I try not to medicate when i dont have too.

My roomates used to smoke every day, and while i was trying to detox i would just continue on as normal. Usually we would be all in the living room watching tv or playing a game or just talking. If offered i just say no thanks. Its important to have people who understand you, or at least respect your decisions. If anyone gives you a wierd look, just shrug it off, and if anyone really gives you a hard time... well i would just be a little more stern that i make my own choices. Most people will get when you are serious. And if people dont, find new roomates.

Comment

Yeah it’s a tough one with the friends who still smoke thing and it is a temptation that is probably too much for many, but if you can handle it and not cave in then fair enough, whatever works for you I guess.

Take care
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

I’ve dealt with it by not putting myself in a situation where others are smoking pot. That’s been easy enough for me to do; I’m a bit older, not very well connected any more and have my own place. Only a few of my mates still toke and I’ve just avoided them. I’ve explained I’m quitting and they have been cool about it. I only knew one dealer and I have no means whatsoever of contacting them now I’ve deleted their number from my phone.

It must be even harder when you are surrounded by that culture every day, I’m not sure I could resist so well done for hanging in there. My honest advice would be to try and put a bit of distance between you and these friends until you are over the worst of it. If they are good friends they will understand but only you can decide that.

Take care and good luck,

Mark

Comment

yeh man u completely make sense, most stoned friends are ridiculously ignorant about pot but deep down they know what it does to them and thats a fact, in my opinion its even more difficult when u know there actually the best friends you have ever had, you've grown up with them, they've seen you through ruff times, they respect ure decision to quit, they would back u up no matter what your going through, you went to school with them, and somtimes there like brothers from another mother but still they continue to keep useing, thats the hardest part i think, when u know they are mates for life but they smoke, if they dont pressure u or take the piss then u know there good friends. i think thats the hardest part about quitting, recently 2 friens opend up to me about how bad emotionaly wrecked they are from smoking, they quit 4 days, i was over the moon, then ***** dealer came back from a weekend away and sent txt out to everyone ive got some hydro in, who's after, 20's on the hen, i went round to his house told him to come outside and i nearlly smacked him, its people like this that u know are bassically parasites, considering he doesnt even smoke bud, just snorts mmc and coke.

Comment

Yeah it is a tough one, the official advise from the experts who deal with this sort of thing is that you have to change the culture/people you are mixing with and for a lot of people I would say this may well be true, if you can I would advise that you do this, many will find it a lot harder if they don’t and a lot people can do this without it being that much of a problem, in fact in many cases I would probably say that in time it will happen quite naturally anyway, if you no longer want to just sit around and get off your face you will probably want to hang around with people who like to do things other than just that (not saying that this is the case for every group of people who use drugs, but in many cases it can get a bit that way, I know it did for me), but as already said it’s not always that easy especially when it comes to those people being extremely close to you, in some cases even your family, so as I would always say you have to do whatever works for you, if you are able to do it and resist the temptation then great no problem, if being around those people isn’t causing you to use then there’s no reason really why you can’t be, if that’s what you want, but if like many do you find that you can’t do this then that’s when you have to make some really tough choices I guess. But like I say we are all different whatever works for you.

Take care
              Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

I only knew my roomates for one semester, but we got along great. Partially it was because of the pot, but after we actually got to know each other, and even while stoned we would talk about how the pot affects us and have legit conversations about how we felt.

At the end of the day, if you are around people who give you crap about your personal decisions and show a clear lack of respect, then be around new people. I think i should point out that if you are in a great situation (maybe a spouse, or a great job, or something similar), than dont give up what you love so you can distance yourself from the drug scene. As ive found, there are people like this everywhere. At the same time, if you have a great situation, but you have roomates who arn't respectful or you are having a hard time coping with them around, live someone else in the nabourhood.

I just dont want people to give up what they love because there are too many stoners around.

Comment

One thing to try would be to do things at places where they can't smoke, and just meet them there. They'll probably get high before they get there and you won't have to be around.

Comment

That’s very good advice, if they are true friends I am sure they will make the effort.
                    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

ooh, JB i like that one!

I've been avoiding seeing anyone really because most of my close friends were made because of our mutual love for pot... and the ones that didn't smoke I let slip away for that exact reason... not so smart, eh?

I've joined a fitness class, so hopefully something comes to fruition there and i meet a few peeps... health nuts aren't usually addicts!

Comment

Weed is the worst!

Hi all, After about 20 years of smoking I quit yesterday, but my wife is still smoking. The hash I can handle, but about half an hour ago she sparked up some gorgeous smelling the drug and that was too much for me. I had to ask to her to smoke that in another room!
                        I've quit a few times before so I know what to expect, but you forget how horrible it actually is don't you? All the other people in my life that smoke pot are assholes anyway so I welcome the opportunity to dump them lol.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                          I really hope that you wife will understand that you are quitting so you wont need to dump her. Its unfortunate when a marriage almost requires pot to survive, because if one person quits than there is an imbalance. Does she understand why you are quitting? or just think that "hes trying to detox again, w/e".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X