Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

i need info on anti-depressants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need info on anti-depressants

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    ok guys so i actually told my school consler about my problems and he wants me to see a docter who might proscribe me anti-depressants but i hear they can mess you up even worse im wondering if i should even take them couse if they make you more depressted than i dont want to take them have any of you taken them ? do they work ? how do they work?

personally i recommend u ask for beta blockers or mirtazapine or amilitriptamine

if u carry on useing weed/opiates tho they will be effectively useless
    at your age he wont prescribe u anything u can get addicted to so please dont think they'll giv u a buzz coz they dont, they basically shut down the part of ure brain thats responsible for negative feelings, even alcohole can make them not work as well tho, i really do think u need them mate seeing as your family grow and smoke, its gonna be tuff, (i was the one that origonally posted the suicide post that u commented on)

come to CannabisRehab.org everyday thats what i do
    makes me remember exactly why i dont smoke the crap anymore

Comment

I’ve used Fluoxetine or Prozac at various stages in my life since my mid twenties and it has helped me a lot but I think it depends on the individual. There are stories out there of people who have had a bad time with it too so don’t take my experience to be the norm.

Generally speaking they take 2-4 weeks to start working properly and in the early stages they can give you quite dramatic mood swings, brilliant highs and crushing lows. After that your moods tend to “level out” and functioning as a normal human being becomes easier and easier.

The side effects I’ve experienced whilst on them have been dry mouth, constipation and a lowering of my libido or sex drive, but nothing too dramatic for me fortunately.

My advice would be to see what your GP says rather than ask for anything specific. There are people out there who’ve beaten severe depression by natural means such as regular exercise and meditation and I have a huge amount of respect for that. Even if you end up on anti-depressants you should try and look into doing something like that as well.

Good luck my man,

Mark

Comment

Hey Tyler, whether or not to take anti depressants is a personal choice and is something that may be right for some and not others, we can all react to them differently and some may need them and some may not. They can have some addictive potential at least that’s what some people find and can have side effects, generally I probably wouldn’t recommend them unless you really do need to take them, perhaps it depends on how bad you are suffering, like I say there may be some who genuinely need them, especially those who suffer from things like OCD or bipolar disorder as a result of the way their brains are made, although people who may require them as a result of not been neuro typical are not the norm. The problems that a lot of people here suffer from are usually a result of the detox from the drug, which does pass so if you can cope without them it may well be a good idea to try that first, there are situations where they may well be the less of the two evils, if they stop someone from committing suicide then in that situation I would say they are definitely justified, like I say perhaps it depends on how bad you are, as always it can depend on the situation and the individual concerned. For more info on anti depressants you may want to check out these webpages:

http://health-psychology.suite101.co...pressants-work
        http://depression.about.com/od/depre...howadswork.htm

Take care
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

I've been on and off antidepressants since 1994. All I can say is I've never been suicidal when on them, but off...that's another story. The only side effect I've had from ones like Prozac and Zoloft are that they can make it harder to have an orgasm (did not affect libido though).

If you can, go to a Psychiatrist instead a regular doctor. For years I was diagnosed as having just depression, when in fact I was bipolar, and had both depressed time and manic times. The psychiatrist diagnosed me as bipolar and took me off the antidepressants, because they can actually make bipolar people more manic. Now I take a mood stabilizer, and I get the same benefits without the mania.

Check out Crazy Meds for some good info, and also look into their forum, Crazy Meds Talk (it's like this place).

Comment

Hey JB3, yeah if you are bipolar and are prescribed an anti depressant you usually need to take some kind of mood stabiliser like an anti psychotic or an anticonvulsant at the same time, as antidepressants alone can often trigger mania, some bipolar people may be fine with just a mood stabilizer but some find that they may need to take both. I too have experienced symptoms of mania and severe depression and chronic OCD, so I imagine like yourself I have tried a fair few of these types of medications. Geez yeah crazy meds it’s a great site I have not been there for a few years, that’s where I learnt most of what I know about these sort of meds (not that I claim to be any kind of an expert), thanks for posting the link, I can’t believe I forgot to post their link myself, the guy who runs it really has made a very good site.

Take care
            Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Rehab Admin View Post
              Hey JB3, yeah if you are bipolar and are prescribed an anti depressant you usually need to take some kind of mood stabiliser like an anti psychotic or an anticonvulsant at the same time, as antidepressants alone can often trigger mania, some bipolar people may be fine with just a mood stabilizer but some find that they may need to take both.
              I'm on lamictal right now, and I've been on lithium before, and with each of them, I had a period where I was on an AD. Both times the AD increased my manic symptoms, so they are pretty much off limits for me now. My pdoc says Lamictal+Lithium is probably the next step for me, as it has shown promise in treating depression in people who can't take ADs. I'm hoping that just quitting the drug will help enough that I don't need to go the Lithium route, but if I have to, I will.

Comment

Yeah from what I have heard some bipolar people can tolerate an anti depressant as long as they take a mood stabilizer at the same time, without mania been too much of a problem and others can’t. I don’t blame you for wanting to stay off the lithium if you can, it can be fairly toxic and requires regular blood tests, it’s a very effective mood stabilizer but not without potentially serious side effects.
                Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

im takeing duloxetine but they dont work they made me worse i now want to kill my self more than ever i feel like i jus cant get happy anymore why wont they work?????????????????

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                    Hi Tyler

Don’t panic anti depressants can take a few weeks to work, you probably have not even started to feel the effect of them yet. If I can reiterate what I think I have already suggested already if you are deadly serious and it’s a choice between suicide and smoking a joint then smoke a joint you can always cut down gradually before you quit so you hit the ground with less of a thud, obviously due to the nature of this cannabis rehab site I am not trying to encourage anybody to use, but if it’s genuinely a choice between those two things I think it’s the less of the two evils at least for now. If you can tough it out then great the anti depressants will start to kick in, in a few weeks, but you may continue to feel pretty shit until they do, it sounds like your body has had to go through the shock of serious drug use to absolutely nothing, it must be a hell of a lot to take, remember it is all the effects of the withdrawal, it does play tricks with and totally screw with your mind, severe depression is a perfectly common symptom, you really are not alone and you won’t feel like this forever, but in the mean time whatever you decide to do, have you got somebody you can turn to face to face when you feel like this and tell about how you are feeling, it sounds like you really need that right now. As always we will be here for you online whenever you need us.

Thinking of you buddy, take care, hang in there and please keep us posted.
                    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X