Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

80% of people never smoke dope again after 2 years of staying Clean?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80% of people never smoke dope again after 2 years of staying Clean?

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    So my doctor told me that 80% of people will finally stay clean and will not think of pot so much after 2 years of staying clean!

Does anybody who has not used for 2 years o more, has any comment on that?

I have not used for 9 months minus 2 days... but I find myself thinking about pot a lot... when will it be a past memory and not bother me so much?

if u can stay off the drug for 2 years without relapse your brain wont expect it anymore and your free, same with all drugs including cigarettes

Comment

My take on that, is that your doctor is just saying that to encourage you, and it should. Chemically he is probably correct, where your brain simply has no need for the chemical and therefore the chemical need is gone by the 2 year mark. I really think that there is another aspect of the drug as well, and thats the need for the end result. quite simply, i, as many others, enjoyed pot not just because my body says "gimme! gimme!", but for the same reasons that you had when you first started. For me it was that i enjoyed the sensations and the ideas that i get when i was high. So after 2 years, youll likely have no chemical drive for the drug, but you may be a person who simply enjoys the sensations from the drug and that can then drive you to smoke again.

realistically, if you dont smoke for 2 years, you likely have other things in your life that have kept you busy, and your in a pretty good situation. I'm not sure where doctors get these statistic numbers they pull out of nowhere.

Comment

hi all, id just like to air my thoughts on cannabis, some you might agree with, some you might not. But we're all here to throw ideas into the mix and take on board anything that will help you quit.

Firstly, id like to say I applaude any doctor that has the balls to say it will take 2 years to get over smoking weed, most will look at you like your a weirdo for being addicted to such a 'soft' drug. Maybe so if you've been smoking weak the drug or solid.

Secondly, i think the 2 year rule for getting over it comes from what is experienced from other drugs, it will usually take that long to get over it.

In my opinion, and from my own experience, if you've been smoking strong the drug like skunk or any other hybrid for years your likely to get detox and a rehabilitation period when you stop. And a lot of people and the medical profession seem to have started accepting this.

Comment

also, i think the drug wont turn you into a schizo nutter, like some people seem to think, but it does create a mental disorder in that eventually you need it to be happy. The initial high you experience goes with time, and then your just smoking it to feel normal.

Comment

Hey Mac, i disagree with part of your message.

I think the definition of "Normal" changes if you smoke for a long time. But if you define "Normal" as how you felt before you started smoking, than i feel that after smoking alot, you do need to smoke more to stop feeling withdrawl symptoms, but you smoke to go back to the general high that you feel 24/7 now that you smoke all day. What people get sick of is the general high they feel after smoking for a long period. Its usually accompanied by lack of motivation and a general mellow feeling.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
              I think the scale of the negative psychological effects that some people can experience from smoking the drug can vary significantly, there may not be that many people that experience what is considered to be full blown psychosis as a result of using it, although a lot of people can experience various symptoms associated with psychosis like anxiety and paranoia and maybe even delusional beliefs to differing extents, I watched one documentary where somebody took a psychiatric test that’s used to grade symptoms of psychosis with and without a high dose of THC, she scored normal on the test without but when she had a high dose of THC she scored a lot higher, well within the range that was considered to be cause for concern, so even though she wasn’t running around with her knickers on her head or hearing voices, she did experience psychosis like symptoms to a significant extent, so no most people probably don’t get that bad that the men in white coats end up having to come and take them away, but it can still feck with a lot of people’s heads to an extent that can warrant cause for serious concern. So in a nut shell perhaps it isn’t always either or but in many cases something people can experience to different extents. Anyway that’s just my take on it based on what I have experienced and heard.

Take care
              Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X