Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Do the cravings for weed ever end? Day 13...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the cravings for weed ever end? Day 13...

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Tomorrow will be the 13th day I have not smoked weed. I am not kidding when I tell you I loved my weed... Not one day without it until 13 days ago. I started when I was 19... was dating a guy who was into that and harder stuff, and although I've never done anything else, I grew to love weed. Everything seemed better as long as I was smoking.

May 19 I quit my job; funny how the drug didn't interfere with my work. I quit because we had a new manager high on her horse and I couldn't take it anymore. I did all the work, while she had all the glory. Now I am hoping to get clean and be able to pass a piss test for once in my life. I was lucky over the years that the jobs I had never made me test, but the county I am in is so drug ridden (meth/pills) that most all good jobs test. i do not want to be flippin burgers, put it that way. I am intelligent and most people don't even know I smoked. I kept it secret. I did well in all my previous jobs; imagine the potential if I were clean...

I recently found this site, after pouring over te internet in search of something to help... I ordered a marijuana detox system, which should be here tomorrow. Does anyone have any feedback on that? I read online it takes up to 90 days for a heavy smoker to clean it out. Is this always true?

I also read about L-theanine. I ordered some of that too. Anything to make this feeling go away. I know I could smoke one now and have a good nights sleep, which I haven't had since I started this rehab. I won't allow it, though. It's a big deal for me. I want to stay clean and not just for a good job. I want kids someday, and dont want them to be around it like I was as a child. I don't want to be a slave to it anymore. Such a hold on me...

Any response is appreciated. I only can do this a day at a time. I have no idea what the future holds, but spending money on something that burns away doesn't seem to be the answer. There's got to be more to life. I just can't remember life before weed. I am nervous and scared...

Hi Arcane7 and welcome to the forum.

Yes it does get better, the cravings will pass, 13 days is still very early. I know it feels like a long time, but the time will soon fly by I promise. I can’t comment on the marijuana detox kit, let us know how you get on with that, but the theanine does seem to have a pretty good reputation from what I have heard. I am sure you are right, I am sure there can be much more to your life than just smoking the drug and it sounds like you have realised this and know what it is you need to do, so well done to you on that, I am sure you can do it, we will be with you every step of the way and any time you want to get something off your chest please feel free to vent.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best and good luck!
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Today will be day 15.

Got my detox kit, (unfortunately it was the one for light smokers, and I was a heavy smoker...) which is a pill supplement (Niacin and proprietary blend of herbs to flush out toxins e.g. THC), i take 2 twice daily... I haven't noticed that it's doing anything, so I hope it's doing what it is suppose to. i drink lots of water everyday. The kit came with a urine test, but I want to get to 3o days or more before I use it. The theanine should be here soon (much cheaper on e-bay!). I hope anyway, cause I'm such a ***** without smoking weed. My fiancee was ready to roll one for me the other day, as he couldn't cope with my attitude... I didn't do it though. I couldn't fathom starting on day 1 again. This is the longest I have abstained from it since I started at age 19.

Still trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. Sweats... dreams... I'm an emotional wreck. As I said in another post, I don't know who I am anymore. I feel so lost. Does anyone else feel this way?

I want to adapt a healthier lifestyle before it's too late. I smoke cigarettes still -- and am afraid it will be as hard to detox as well. Though i want to. Right now doesn't seem to be the right time, though, while I am trying to detox marijuana...

Thankfully this cannabis rehab site exists. I credit it for helping me through this. Otherwise, I would have no one to talk to about this. Here it is 2 am again, and I am still awake. Ashamed I let my addiction go on for so long... I'm a bright girl. I should have never taken this path. I know i cannot get back the years I wasted to weed, but am scared of what the future may be without it. Afraid I'll give in at some point.

Comment

Today is day 17. Staying strong. Still have cravings and the night sweats and weird dreams are still there. Not much to report, other than it feels like something is missing from my life... the weed. Trying to adjust to life without it. I hope all of you are well.

Comment

Keep going Arcane you're doing fantastic,

Were all here with you, hang on in there xx
          Together we can do it

Comment

hey arcane

well done on getting to day 17. Day 18 for me and feeling great, even managed to get back to work today so big achievement. Still having the mad mad dreams and sweats but stomach settling a bit and starting to get my appetite back. Drinking chamomile tea and burning soothing, relaxing aromatherapy oils helping, along with the L-Theanine. keep us posted

keep strong

Comment

Hi Arcane,

Just curious but have you been exercising at all? I know it can be tough to muster up the motivation to do so during this tough time but It has really helped me. Also, exercise raises serotonin levels in your brain which in turn will elevate your mood and possibly give you better sleep.

Comment

I don't know who I am anymore. I feel so lost. Does anyone else feel this way?
                Please refer to the article I posted about under "My doctor doesn't believe in withdrawal".

They say that when become habitual smokers a cannabis persona emerges in us that is not the real us, but the fogged up by pot us. As the fog lifts you realize that you were less than you could be and it is kind of scary.

One of things I was always in denial about was that pot delays one's emotional maturity. I have come to accept that now, and have had some remorse about some of the anguish I put myself and my wife through because of being a baby about talking about some of the painful memories we had going on in our heads when we hooked up.

Its not that I didn't finally come around and get the courage to confront these things together, but avoiding them didn't make them go away, and when I finally brought them up it was a great relief for both of us.

Hang in there, like you said, the last thing any of us want to do is go back to day 1 again .....

Comment

Keeping in real

Hi all,

Day 9 for me off the smelly green and after a temporary set back of three straight weeks of daily smoke outs! I had 60 days off and was feeling the toxins SLOWLY disolve and after being around too many pot head friends I caved in... What a mistake!!!!! : O : (

Frankly, i think its nearly impossible to go back to "trying" to occasionaly smoke after you've been a the drug freak for a long time. Our brains CRAVE that external reward booster so when de-toxing off pot please remember patience is the key! I was having complete strangers telling me i looked happy and healthy after the first month i stopped so its really a subtle difference in our eyes and feelings how we are changing but its happening! Thats where the origin of word happiness comes from... To happen.... So to all who think it'll be "OK" just to take one or two tokes to "REWARD"
                  yourself for going a little while off pot, please reconsider this foolish notion and you'll be joyful and thankful you didn't "CAVE IN", again.... Because as many of us "LONG TERM" recovering pot heads knows, the more times you cave in again and again, day after day, year after year, the hellish harder it gets to detox as you age.

I hope this message reminds (SCARES) anyone whos counting days being clean to remember keep ownership of your beautiful mind and be up for the challenge that awaits us all!

Be free of this horrible crutch as time is way too limited as it is!!

XO

chadventure

Comment

I am craving weed like you wouldn't beleive.

I am on day 20 of quitting weed. I am craving it so bad right now I want to throw something at the window. I even crawled around my house looking in every crevice of the places I used to stash my pot trying to find a scrap or two to smoke. I can barely stand being in my skin right now. If I could get some at this late hour, I would but I know I shouldn't. I can't wait until the cravings go away. I can't stand it. Blah... What the hell should I do to make them go away. I am going insane. I want just one hit, man I would love one. I finally sat down after not finding anything but some resin and lint and had a large glass of water. I was around someone today smoking and wouldn't do it. Now all I can think about is wishing I had a blast or two. Even wishing something as stupid as wishing I could stop time so i could drive all the way over there, steal his weed, and smoke. I can't stand it. I want pot so bad right now it's crazy. When the hell will this end.

Comment

Amyyyyy

Feeling so sick reading this thread. I've been hooked for around 8 years now... smoked it daily. I've tried and tried to quit but can't get past even 1 day. It has a tight hold on me and I can't imagine life without it... to the point that Im scared of life without it. Seeing that the symptoms can last months I know I'm a lost cause. I fear asking for help from a GP as I have 2 young children and I'm so scared they will get social services involved. At the moment I've recently lost my job and have literally 0 money so it is impossible for me to get any weed.. so of course there is no better time to quit than now... I've seriously resorted to smoking the bits out of the bottom of my tub. It's so disgusting. It doesn't even work.. it's more tobacco than weed now too. I don't smoke cigarettes but I think I'm probably addicted to the nicotine still from using tobacco daily in my joints. I don't even know what i want from this post I just need to get it off my chest. Feeling really worried atm. So ashamed I'm addicted to weed.

Comment

Hi Amy,

I understand how you are feeling. I remember thinking that I would never get out of the grips of cannabis addiction, and it all felt too hard, but over a number of years, I was able to get closer and closer to being able to quit, until I actually quit completely in March 2016.

You are on a journey, and realising that weed is messing with your life is the first step. It is really hard trying to deal with this when you don't have a job or any money, and I guess finding work should be your first priority. I also think that if you are thinking of quitting cannabis now, you should definitely give it a go. There is no time like the present. I think that one of the things that really helped me to get closer being able to quit was nutrition. If you are eating well and are well nourished, the cravings won't bother you as much. Here is a link to a green smoothie that helped me a LOT in becoming more healthy and dealing with cravings: http://www.vitalsustenance.com/2016/...iful-sunshine/

Please don't be scared. I know that it is hard to imagine a life without weed, but believe me, it really is a million times better. I feel better in so many different ways. My relationships are better, my mind works better, my life is so much less messy, and I am happy. This is what life can be like without weed.

You probably are addicted to nicotine, and perhaps you should deal with that part of the addiction by getting some nicotine patches, so that you can wean yourself off the nicotine part of your addiction.

It sounds like you have just about hit rock bottom, and as scary and awful as that is, I think it can be helpful, because now you have a chance to get on a ladder out of that hole.

How does weed impact on your life? It can be helpful to think about the reasons you want to quit. I know that the initial withdrawals can be challenging, but if you keep trying, and keep reducing your cannabis intake further and further, eventually you will get there. Don't give up trying.

I really feel for you, I am sorry you are finding it so hard at the moment. If you can't talk to your doctor, then perhaps there are other people you can confide in like a therapist or drug and alcohol counsellor? Keep writing here too, if you want some support. We don't judge.

Kind regards,
                        Alice

Comment

Blue collar

Im day 13. It's been easier everyday. Im currently looking for work which has totally stressed me out. But im thinking how much better it could be. I 45 and had been smoking about an ounce a wk. I just coming to terms of my short comings smh.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                            Hi Deliveredthusfar2,

Congrats on 13 days. That is great. You should notice that you start to see significant improvements in the coming weeks. Although it will be challenging, as you say - it can be so much better.

It might not be so useful to focus on short comings. The past is done and dusted. I think it can be more helpful to think forward about the kind of person you want to be. What can you do today that will get you closer to being that person?

Congrats! You are doing great

Alice

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X