Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Ouch! Forgot about the PTSD thing and Cannabis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch! Forgot about the PTSD thing and Cannabis

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Well, my wife and I got hit by one of the things I knew about cannabis but forgot to be looking out for because it wasn't in the clinical research paper I've been using to predict detox symptoms.

Cannabis helps many people with PTSD, and when I first heard about that several years ago, it explained one of the uncomfortable things I felt as a pothead. I was often bothered by my mind dredging up every stupid, humiliating thing I had ever done and throwing it in my face. I finally figured out that this was happening when I was coming down from my high. The solution to the problem was to stay stoned all the time -- great plan, right?

Anyhow, we've both been bothered by repressed unpleasant memories as we have detoxed, and it wasn't until today that I finally made the connection.

Now that we're in our right mind we know the solution is to confront these negative thoughts instead of masking them with weed, and if necessary, get some professional help coping with them.

I've always heard that "There are no detox symptoms getting off of marijuana like you have with other drugs like heroin or alcohol".

Well, the symptoms may not be physical, but they sure as hell are there ......

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi Lykafox

Yeah it’s an interesting one with marijuana and ptsd and other mental health problems, there are those who think it helps and maybe it does for some, if there’s one thing I have learnt about cannabis is that we can all react to it differently, but although it may help to some extent particularly in the short term, marijuana especially a lot of the high thc low cbd strains that so many people are smoking these days, which in its self can make a significant difference read my post about it to learn more, this type of cannabis especially can be very harmful for anxiety, depression and your overall mental health in the long term, I myself for a long time was convinced it was helping me and maybe it did for a while but in the long term it made me a heck of a lot worse, it got so bad that I had no choice but to recognise it and in the end couldn’t and still can’t even smoke any. At the end of the day especially a lot of the stuff these days can be a very trippy drug and for people who are maybe not in the best of places to begin with long term use can turn into a very bad trip. So these days I am a little bit sceptical when I hear about the mental health benefits of marijuana especially in the long term, I think the world of psychiatry especially when it comes to some of the newer type of cannabis has started to take this view too, I know the shrink that I have seen says it’s really not a good idea for people with mental health problems to smoke any. Anyway I just thought I would mention the other side of the coin when it comes to cannabis and mental health as a lot of people do find it can make things an awful lot worse, but like I say maybe it depends on what you are smoking and the individual, we can indeed all be very different. Like you say any benefit you think you are feeling may well be only masking the problem and delaying you from getting to the root of it and solving it properly.

Hang in there you are doing really well and take care.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X