Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

My Boyfriend and his pot habit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Boyfriend and his pot habit

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    hi
    i admire you all because you are quiting pot and i think this is the best desition you can make!
    i used to smoke pot once a week with my boyfriend and my life started to became all around this subject, but i didnt had a strong addiction, just the desire of doing it,.... the good thing is that i realize that smoking was shit in time...

but my boyfrind has a serious problem.... his brother and him do it all the time....
    i show him the bad things of smoking and he thanked me.
    he told me that this was going yo be his last month doing it and that he would quit pot in august, 5th.

im really waiting for this day to arrive but im very scared.

i have with him a wonderfull relationship (and discover with him that it is possible to have a relationship that grows every day and that fullfill us as persons) and i love him a lot.

thats why i opened an account here, because i want to hear the comments of people that are quiting successfully pot! and i would love to read ansewers to my problem, i dont know how to help him, how do I have to say to my boyfriend,...

HOW TO HELP HIM QUIT, REALLY, BEING A SUPPORTING PERSON WITH HIM BUT ALSO A LOVELY ONE!

when he smoke in front of me:
    1. i feel needy to smoke (but i resist)
    2. i feel very sad, a hole in my heart, and i always want to cry (but i resist to)

i need help

ps- sorry for my english, i dont speak ir very well. if someone prefers to answer in spanish or french, you re welcome!!!!!!!!! in english too, obviosly!!!!!!!!

ola chica

Dont worry about your english, you got your point across well. you have found this website so that is the first step. i can only say from experience that as of your boyfriend's stop date, things will probably be pretty difficult for around four weeks or maybe more, depends how much he smokes and what strength he is smoking. I have posted a link below for your boyfriend to look at and answer the 12 questions set out by marijuana anonymous - only then will he be able to see if he has a problem with his marijuana use. you certainly sound supportive and your boyfriend will need that in the coming weeks. Try and arrange lots of activities to do when he is stopping, exercise etc, getting outdoors, long walks - to try and take his mind off of not smoking. keeping busy is the key. if you look at the posts on here it will give you an idea of what kind of withdrawal symptoms to expect - sleepless nights, sweats, nausea, diarrhoea, headaches, irritable, emotional, crying one minute, angry the next - all of these will pass in time - it took me around 3 weeks to start feeling better and i was a daily smoker - all day, every day, strong weed. its best also to stay away from temptation so perhaps he needs to speak to his brother and agree to stay away from in the first few weeks, or his brother if he is supportive, should not smoke around him. Encourage him to look at the posts on CannabisRehab.org and see what the drug has done to other people's lives, robbed them of all ambition, emotions, money. Also he may not be able to do this on his first attempt as it sometimes takes many attempts to do it, i know i have tried several times in the past, but dont be disheartened if he doesn't do it this time, your support is what he needs.

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks off the drug for me and i feel so positive about life and feel like i am just starting to live again. so good luck (buenas suerte??) and keep strong

http://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/12questions.shtml

adios amiga

FQ - well done on winning the world cup!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
      Hi Girl and welcome to the forum.

Don’t worry about your English it’s fine, I am sure it is better than my French or Spanish. At least your boy friend wants to detox and says he is planning to do so, that’s a great deal further along than many people in your situation, that said it is still early days and is yet to happen, I can’t really say what his chances will be, it depends how serious he is about it I guess but at this stage I don’t think you have much other option other than to trust in him and wait and see what happens, if in time it becomes apparent that it is not happening then you will have to re-evaluate the situation then. For now I would just advise that you try to stay calm and supportive and give him chance to make good on his promise.

Thanks for posting, take care and please keep us posted.

All the best
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X