Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Addicted to marijuana - And I'm only 16...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addicted to marijuana - And I'm only 16...

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Yer... I'm 16. I went on the popular site Youtube to look up tips or things to help me quit smoking weed. Found this site... Don't know what to expect from this but it could be a breakthrough that will really help me... I started smoking the drug really heavily at the age of 11. Since then I've been in and out of the emergency rooms at the local hospitals. My hearts been pounding at 150 beats per second. Been into metal hospital for 10 days. And I've even managed to acquire drug and alcohol induced psychosis... Well, all that within the last year... Hit a bit of a speed bump again tho, I managed to detox for 2 weeks. Then afew hours ago I lit up a Jay. Luckily I didn't get a panic attack mixed in with a bad trip like usual, unlike the night before last. I smoked about 4 cones and ended up back in the hospital... Anyways I know I REALLY need to quit. But I just think to myself... Ahh **** it, I'll have another few cones tonight then quit. Yet I've said that so many times now... I need some tips... Or something, I don't know... I just need to be able to say no... But I can't, I'm to strongly addicted. And it's really frying the shit out of my brain. I'll probably end up with schizophrenia like my dad... all my uncles... My aunt... Grandma... Everyone if I keep going on smoking like this... If anyone out there has gotten as bad as I have it... Let me know what helps you...

- Ryan; Just going to register now under the name ZiiDiiUS... Please get back to me someone.

I'm brain ****ed at 16 years of age.

i just wrote a long thread and accidently deleted it. so i just registerd and im typing this real quick then going to bed. to sum up what i wrote. ill say it real quick:

16 yrs old
    been smoking for 5 years
    the 4th year is where problems started - now 5th year smoking
    been in mental hospital
    i have drug and alcohol induced psychosis - from the drug smoking
    every time i smoke the drug i have a panic attack and end up in hospital
    family history of mental illness - schizophrenia
    i cant say no to the drug - i say what the hell, one more joint cant hurt
    but ive said one more joint cant hurt atleast 50 times
    attempted suicide on occasions but couldnt go through with it

i'm going to end up with schizophrenia and my brain will be drug fried if i keep going on like this. sorry for the messy writing but im really tired and now going to sleep. im usually more punctual lol.

i stoped smoking for about 2 weeks. yet the last 3 days ive been getting stoned and having the usual panic attack. yet i still smoke like a chimney. i need some tips to help me say no so i dont end up scitzo...

good night all. i'll be checking this post in the morning...

Comment

Hi ZiiDiiUS and welcome to the forum

I hope you don’t mind but I have merged both your posts into one thread. That’s heavy, it sounds like you have a pretty pressing need to quit, drugs like marijuana can have a much greater risk of inducing psychosis and causing mental health problems in people who are young, especially if you have a family history with those kind of problems. My advice to you would be that you need to stop asap and need all the help you can get to do so, normally I would say some may need professional help and some may not, it can depend on the individual, ect, ect. But your case sounds a lot more urgent that most, if drink and drugs are harming your mental health like you say they are, you need to stop now and do everything you can to do so, which includes getting all the help you can get, I think you need professional treatment, not just for your mental health but for your drug use too, I think you need full in patient cannabis rehab if possible. Ask one of your doctors what your options are, explain your situation and tell them that you need help, find out what is available to you and take it from there.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Hey ZiiDiiUS

Read all the posts in the following site. Observe the attitude differences toward marijuana users of different ages. Your biggest hurdle is sorting between the naive and biased dribble your 16 year old buddies who want you to believe to justify their own use, and the REALITY of the situation when you're older. Notice how defensive and aggressive the stuborn young guys are and then notice the night and day difference in attitude of the older guys who have been there and experienced it. If I had read that when I was 16, it would have shot down all misconceptions and myths that I came to believe through my friends and if they had of read it they wouldn't have parrotted their encouragement to me in ignorance. There shoud be a link to this cannabis rehab site here on CannabisRehab.org but I couldn't find it in my search.

http://hubpages.com/hub/marijuana
        ?For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.?

-Jesus of Nazareth.

Comment

Hey Ryan

welcome to the site. Wow your story really got to me. I feel for you so bad. what a lot to go through at the young age of 16. One good thing though, you've learned that the smoking the drug isn't doing you any favours adn have recognised it is a problem. dont believe all the crap that people tell you about the drug not being addictive - it is, many professionals beg to differ but it is a huge problem as you will see by the stories on this site. I started smoking the drug at around age 15 and have only recently quit (6 weeks and four days) after many attempts at stopping and costing a lot more to my mental health than any price i paid for the weed. i have suffered depression since the age of 20 (now 36) 5 years from the onset of me smoking - sound familiar?! I have so much regrets in life and have had so many down depressive dark times which i wouldn't wish on anyone. i didn't start making the connection about my the drug use until about 10 years ago but by then it was such a way of life for me and easier to carry on smoking. I cant get my 20's back or the first half of my 30's but you have a choice and have recognnised it a lot sooner than most people.

I agree with Rehab Admin that you do need professional help to kick this and need a lot of support around you to get through this. you know what the other options are if you continue so please try and quit as a happy healthy life, physically and mentally is a lot more appealing to the life you would have if you continue to smoke.

Take care and if you ever want to talk, just get in touch.

You can do it, just keep remembering where the other road takes you and keep strong

FQ

Comment

I should probably add that the treatment of your mental health problems will be just as important, I know you have already received treatment from a mental/psychiatric hospital so I take it you are already getting treatment in this area, but this may be something that you need to continue in the long term, many people who suffer from mental health problems are self medicating with drugs like marijuana and alcohol so it’s just as important that you are getting good treatment which will help to deal with the root cause, a certain number of weeks in cannabis rehab may be a great deal of help but you may need good long term mental health care too depending on how you go.

Take care
            Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies. I know in my case I shouldn't be smoking it anymore, yet I still do. But starting today I hope I can at least cut down a lot, or completely stop. I'll check back on CannabisRehab.org every couple of days and post about my status... Such as how many days clean/off the weed. If I fall back into the cycle of heavy use. I'll definitely contact my regular GP and talk to him about some options into getting some professional help. @ man with no name, thanks for posting that link. It's pretty informative and should drive me that little bit further to quit.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                I appreciate that, ZiiDiiUS! Doing the right thing doesn't always pay off immediately, but the dividends come around later on down the line. Be wise and be free. Freedom on no level comes without a battle. I'm praying for you.
                ?For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.?

-Jesus of Nazareth.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X