Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Social Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Issues

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    hello again!

Finally found my way back to CannabisRehab.org after almost 5 months of being away. I worked at a kids summer camp this summer and only smoked once (i was on a day off and was never around any of the campers. FYI). Turns out as soon as i got back the first thing i did was pick up. Every time i run out i always myself calling a friend and getting more (It gets delivered within 30 minutes. definetly not helping).

Since i was young i was always very shy, nervous, and not really a sociable kid. I had "friends" (those in my situation know what i mean when i put friends in quotations), but more or less (mostly more) i got picked on at school for being chubby. It wasn't until highschool that i clocked some guy (im 6'2 250lb so i realized i can hurt people who give me crap). ANYWAY... It was grade 8 when i started smoking. As your body and brain is still developing at that age i ask myself if i cause some damage to my ability to be social around people. I'm always in my head, i have an EXTREMELY Hard time sitting still, and i tend to say random things ALOT. In prospective i relate myself alot to "Sheldon" from "The big bang theory".

I have a hard time feeling motivated when i haven't smoked, i tend to feel more social as well (only slightly). I can determine that its similar mood changes when people drink (the whole social lubricant thing), however alcohol doesn't have the draw as marijuana does.

Thanks for listening chaps! really appreciate it. I'll see how long i can go without picking up. I just finished what i had yesterday. It's wierd, i almost have to catch myself mid dial on my phone to my dealer sometimes.

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi inthegrinder it’s great to hear from you again.

Sorry I am a bit late in my response, I am a bit behind in my responses the last few days. It sounds like you have had a bit of a wobble but never mind unfortunately part of quitting can be relapsing now and again, not that we should intend it to happen but sometimes it does, still never mind, we have to live in the real world after all. Anyway it sounds like you have done great while you were away at camp even if you did smoke once that’s still a pretty big achievement, I think you should be proud, it just shows how a change in environment can keep you on the straight and narrow.

Yes it seems that people who use drugs often do have problems with social issues, unfortunately drug use attracts those who are more vulnerable in many different ways, it’s a shame because we are the people who then usually get messed up the most, it’s so much easier for drug use to break a already vulnerable person, like I say it’s a cruel irony as we usually feel the most need to use of all. It’s funny with the booze thing how even though yes granted it can be a far more addictive drug, some say one of the most addictive of all, but so many of us who do develop a habit with marijuana have no urge to drink but a very strong urge to smoke, we certainly have not found it as addictive.

Anyway stay strong old pal, keeping stopping yourself whenever you are about to cave, it doesn’t matter how close you come to using as long as you don’t. Just take it one day at a time.

Take care and please keep us posted, it really is good to hear from you again.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X