Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Help Please - Addicted to weed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please - Addicted to weed

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hello there, I'm a college student, 22 years old and I know that I'm addicted to weed. I went abroad to study a year ago and since I left home, I've been pretty much smoking everyday. It is costing my parents lots of money and it is costing me my education. I don't know who I'm supposed to talk to because I do not want to be judged. I have done that myself and I know the verdict. If anyone can relate, please help. I was a good person a year ago- a strong Christian and now I find myself waking up everyday to only the thought of taking a hit.

Thank you for taking the time.

hey left alone

welcome to the forum. first of all you are not alone as you will see from this forum. If you ever need to talk to someone then you can always come on here, you will never be judged on this forum. I feel your pain. Unfortunately smoking the drug can be a very isolating habit to have and you sound like you are having a real hard time with it. I too have spent so much money on it over the years - i think at last count it was around £25,000. The money aspect wasn't the worst for me, it was my mental health decline that fared worst. I am 36 now and smoked for around 21 years. You are young, please dont make the same mistakes i did, you still have time to right things in your life and not let your education and health suffer. You are still a good person - people who smoke the drug aren't bad people they have just fell into bad habits. I too thought about the drug every day, probably every minute of the day - wishing my life away til my next smoke. Do you just smoke along or with friends? you must have someone who doesn't smoke who you can talk to and not judge you. If not there is a Marijuana Anon - though wasn't for me as i am not really religous but you may find this beneficial. The good thing in all of this is you recognise you have a problem which is the first step. I am on 14 days today off the drug and its a struggle but from stopping for four months previously (just recently) i know that i get more achieved in my life being a non-stoner and feel better mentally, not to mention richer! So whatever you decide to do there is help out there and CannabisRehab.org has been a lifesaver for me.

Keep strong and take care

FQ

Comment

Hey Left Alone,

I just wanted to connect with you and let you know that you are not alone. As Forever Quitting said, there are lots of people here who can imagine what you might be going through.

I too am a college student who became addicted to smoking weed. You're not a bad person for this. I'm just starting the process of quitting and, if you want, we can try do it together.

Comment

As forever quitting said, an experienced smoker will tell you that the worst part is not the money, it is the decline of mental health that inevitably follows a long period of marijuana addiction. You are fortunate that you are realizing that you have a problem now. It only becomes a bigger and bigger problem over time, and it becomes harder and harder to break the habit because your mind becomes more and more used to the drug.

If I were you, I would maybe scan CannabisRehab.org and look for stories and advice and so forth. I would also very strongly recommend trying a 12 step program if you feel it is outside of your ability to detox in your situation. I have personally run into many marijuana addicts in my day to day life and the majority of them quit with some kind of 12 step program.

The point of these kinds of programs as well as CannabisRehab.org is that you should not have to detox alone. There are many others going through the same thing that you are going through and it is much more practical and realistic to try and quit while communicating with others who share a common goal. It is not something to be ashamed of by any means. Marijuana addiction seems to be caused largely due to brain chemistry. When people with the wrong brain chemistry (such as you and me) become exposed to marijuana, a chemical dependency arises that we call an addiction.

What I really want to emphasize though is the first thing that I wrote. You really will be much, much, much better off if you quit as soon as you possibly can. The longer you continue smoking the worse your situation will become. If you think that what you are going through right now is bad, keep it up for a few years. You will be amazed at how fast time will slip by, and how many problems can accumulate over time. The last thing that you want is to cause yourself long term mental damage.

Comment

Hi Leftalone and welcome.

It sounds like you are feeling pretty bad about yourself and isolated, but fortunately those are both things that you can do something about, they are both things that can be changed. There is no need to feel alone you are really not, as human beings we are all floored, I am not a Christian myself but one of the things I like about your faith is the recognition that we are all sinners, none of us are prefect and you really are not alone in that, all of us here for example have shared the thing that you want to change about yourself and that is where our hope lies, it is something that can be changed, you don’t have to keep doing that which is making you feel bad about yourself.

So all you have to focus on now is mustering the will to make this change and getting together your plan that will help you to do so. Support is vital so my advice to you would be to get as much support as possible, I am sure everybody here will do their best to help you, lean on this rest of us here as much as you feel you need to, anytime you feel like using come and tell us about it, we of all people will understand I promise. I would also advise finding as much offline support as you possibly can and this is something that I appreciate can be extremely difficult for people in certain types of environments, but having at least one person who you can go to for face to face support can really help, if you can find someone who can help you with this I am sure it will be a big help, as already mentioned support groups like marijuana/narcotics anonymous are very good for this.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best and good luck!
          Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Hi Leftaloan

I just wanted to reach out and tell you that you can do it; if you really want to. I have smoked for some 27 years and I passed my degree 4 years ago as a smoker with many other problems along the way, not least of all a brain tumour. I’m 4 weeks clean now and I feel great for it. I don’t know if this will help, but I can live in hope, it’s only when we give up hope that we truly fail, so try to have faith.

Say no to yourself
            Your sense of dignity will grow with your ability to say no to your self, you will gain self respect. Emerson said that “when we say no to ourselves in the face of temptation, the power of that temptation passes into our will power”.

Accept your will power
            If you act like you have no will power then your will power leave you. Accepting your will power will stop you from undermining your own success.

I read these phrases every time I leave the house and every time I face temptation I remember them. I can only hope that they will help you, they have certainly helped me. Good luck and try hard to focus on the end game; quitting weed.

Kindest regards

Sterling

Comment

Hey Sterling Groovy,

I'm very happy to see that you are very dedicated to detox weed. I wish you all the luck. Just remember that 4 weeks is still very early days after 27 years and stay strong. Keep us posted,

Regards

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                Hey leftalone, I think you are taking the first step by posting on this forum. I know it might be hard to detox smoking weed, but its harder not to quit. It might take a while for you to start feeling better but you just have to stick in there! My best advice on quitting is to always remember the negatives of smoking weed, if you have only been smoking the drug for 1 year and you feel like you have changed or its ruining parts of your life it is definitely time to stop before it gets worse. In the end the joy of smoking the drug isn't worth the pain and struggle it brings. Stay strong and I hope the best for you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X