Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Great reasons to quit marijuana (Add any you can think of)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great reasons to quit marijuana (Add any you can think of)

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I thought this might make a good sticky, if Rehab Admin would be so kind as to oblige.

Add your own thoughts, lets see how many we can get.

I'll Start:

Increased lung capacity
    Decreased risk of lung cancer
    Mental Clarity
    Better social life
    Increased motivation
    Self respect
    Money saved
    More energy
    Whiter teeth

Your turn..........

I'll add a few more to get the ball rolling :

More colour in your skin
    More confidence
    Tidier house / flat / room
    More restful and regualr sleep

Come on guys don't make me do all the work !

Comment

Some of that work is mine!!!

-Increased motivation
      -Tendencies to me more honest
      -You have a more open life
      -You don't have to do that unattractive five minute gagging in the morning
      -You spend your time doing more worth while things besides just sit around and get high
      -Instead of saying you'll do stuff, you will acutely do them when you quite
      -How much pot you smoke, own, sell or buy will not become the center of your pride anymore
      -You will have friends who befriend you for who you are, not how much the drug you supply
      -You will find yourself a soul mate and keep them
      -In crease happiness and peace that comes from with in

Add more peanuts, I can't write all of them down

Comment

No problem R3XXY I have made it sticky.

How about:

- Not coughing up shit all the time.
        - Improved memory and cognitive abilities.
        - Less paranoia.
        - Better mental health.
        - Been able to dream again.
        - Not having to worry about when you are going to have your next hit. Not having to rush off to take it.
        - Not having to worry about picking up. Not having to panic when it goes dry.
        - Not having to wait around while picking up. Not having to mix with drug pushers.
        - Not living in fear of the law.
        - Been able to drive without been under the influence.
        - Not been viewed as a druggy.
        - Not having to live a secret life.
        - Been able to travel more easily.
        - Been in control of your life again.

I could go on. Great thread R3XXY thanks for starting it.

Take care and all the best people.
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

I would just say; "being yourself again"

Comment

Real happiness,
            Stonger willpower..
            Being sure about stuff (i.e. Remembering what you said and why).
            Order
            Being able to look people straight in the eye (nothing to hide)
            No munchies.. thinner body healthier eating habits
            Waking up early and rested
            Caring for your personal apearance
            No burnt cloths or sofas, cause of the lighted debree of pot
            Increased productivity
            faster metal capacities

I could keep going but gotta work.... oh yeah being able to stay focused lol!

Comment

bottom line..No apathy!

Comment

Reasons...may not apply to everyone

- you'll rediscover yourself instead of being numb and high all the time
                - you'll let emotions and other things surface so you can work through them and like life again
                - you'll be able to attract worth while life partners and friends that won't drag you down by also being stoners, which makes you not want to stop

- you'll get you damn memory back and not forget things even when you're not high

- you won't feel so robotic

Comment

i am working my way up to quitting. here is the list I envision without having quit yet...

money - almost 400 dollars a month
                  kids might respect me more
                  read books again
                  make it out of the house occasionally
                  perhaps I'll be able to get a job!
                  no more coughing
                  no more peeing my pants when I cough (seeing as we're being honest here)
                  better memory
                  able to see if my memory is bad because of dope or because of some cognitive impairment
                  ditto for speech, I slur because of all the dope, but maybe I slur because I have MS but I just think it's the dope!
                  much better example for my now teenage children
                  perhaps my husband will think I'm a good example and quit drinking!
                  maybe I'll meet some people

Comment

I got so used to holding it in, I would often forget to breathe during the day (not for very long, but still). Looking forward to better lung capacity and normal breathing.

Better social life
                    More time for EVERYTHING else
                    Not being tempted to have a hit before work and then be paranoid someone will know!
                    Not wanting to leave family or other in order to get high
                    Not worrying that my roommates will be bothered by it
                    Remembering stuff!
                    Feeling in control of mylife
                    Doing other, better things with that money
                    Actually experiencing my feelings
                    Increased motivation and sex drive
                    Not spacing out while driving
                    Reduced irritability (while habitually on pot, I would sometimes surprise myself by flying off the handle)
                    Not messing up your hormones
                    Not having to seek out friends/lovers who are into pot
                    Being present for myself and others
                    Not having this weird barren look in my eyes

Comment

All great reasons... including increased alertness, activeness and health.
                      You can be my superglue.

Comment

sense of self

-to know who i am, and what i'm truly passionate about without clouded thinking
                        -to care about my personal appearance and physical state
                        -to stop lying to people about my habits or problems that are associated with my use (legal issues, constant tiredness, etc)
                        -for people to start taking me seriously when i say i'm going to do something
                        -to stop the extreme loss of pleasure from activities i once enjoyed
                        -to stop making excuses for all the things i can't do right due to my constant high
                        -so that i don't get arrested again
                        -to feel in control of my emotions
                        -to stop taking puffs before homework which just turns into an unproductive block of time

Comment

My reasons for wanting to quit...

Wow.. So Im finding CannabisRehab.org really inspriational. I've been considering quitting my habit for months now, it's causing a persistant conflict in my relationship - which seems to be growing more serious each day.. and I think he's fed up with my habit. Also, my habit doesn't really fit into how I percieve myself as a soon-to-be professional.
                          As I read through all the reasons above, I noticed a lot of overlaps.. and I feel some of them are my personal reasons also, so my apologies if I re-iterate things already mentioned. Also I'd like to make note that while these are my reasons I don't look down on others who choose to continue smoking, even if they are professionals. Whatever works for you - right?

1. To reach my full potential (and to develop into the professional I know im capable of).

2. To be present in and remembering life's events
                          a. People I meet/chat with (really listening to what others have to say and remembering it)
                          b. Places travelled (remembering what it looked like, how to get there, and why it was so great to have been there, soaking in the present instead of feeling foggy).

3. No more sickness! Tired of being sick all the time, catching the flu more often than I should.

4. Better eating habits - constantly suffering from a bad belly because I stuff myself with bad foods (never gaining a pound because I have a high metabolism) and justifying to myself that its ok because I have a small frame.

5. Socializing with different groups of people- not worrying about wether they smoke the drug or not.

6. Triumphing an internal identity crisis - hanging onto the days of high school. Im 23 now, time to grow up!

7. Being more productive; reading more, studying more, keeping up on the housework (laundry, dusting, vaccuming, etc), making time to cook decent meals and not being too lazy to do it.

8. Enjoying the pleasures of solitude in the light of reality; being alone is okay.

9. More time to spend on exercising and adjusting myself toward a healthy lifestyle.

10. Maybe now I won't die for lung cancer.

Thanks for reading.... think today will be my Day One. Will keep posted!

Comment

My respiratory system takes the largest toll when I smoke pot. I do not breathe as well as I would if I did not smoke at all. From attempts at quitting in the past, it takes about 2 weeks to a month to notice a change in my lung capacity. I currently have a wheeze if I breathe out quickly. My lungs have also been burnt from inhaling smoke that is way to hot, it usually hurts for about a day, then goes away. I also find myself holding my breath and creating tension in my body for no reason, like I am trying to hold in an imaginary hit of weed. I need to take slower, deeper, breaths.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              Reasons to live, lol

*no more wasting money
                              *motivation! I has it!
                              *emotional freedom
                              *personal growth

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X