Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

it's not us, it's a neurological relapsing disorder: get ready for the challenge!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's not us, it's a neurological relapsing disorder: get ready for the challenge!

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    The link below is a scientific article explaining the disease of addiction as a "chronical relapsing disorder". That was one of the first articles that i read when i started to understand the real problem. It wasn't just a pattern of behavior that i couldn't get rid of; it was a very severe neurological disease that i was encountering and just the will power would never give me what i wanted. I had to be disciplined, i had to learn about the disease, i had to learn about my own case, i had to study myself to identify the green/yellow/red signs, i had to learn not to trust my own thought process, i had to restructure my brain and neurological codings.. and it's always an ongoing process, i'm sober over 6 months but i never take it as granted, i know that there is a sick circuit in my brain that will use every opportunity in life to make me smoke again, but i'm learning more and more about it, i'm developing my coping strategies, i'm growing stronger over it, i'm not letting it to control me, i'm trying to avoid high risk situations i.e i.e i.e..

What i'm trying to say is.. being addicted is the worst thing that an human being encounters. It's a severe chronical disease that will never go away. So, putting an ordinary effort would do nothing in the long term. We should take it very very seriously. I see many people (including myself) staying sober for days, weeks, months but then most of us are relapsing. Because we don't know really what we're encountering, we are disregarding the power of the addiction. We have a tendency to compare the severity of our situation in parallel to severity of the withdrawals. But that's not true, withdrawals may go away after a few months but the underlying neurological disorder will be with you through out whole your life. You should be very clear on this point: addiction is a chronical disease and you can ever never smoke again, no matter what! But we want our lives back, so we should get ready for the battle. Overcoming our addiction should be top 1 priority in our lives. Forget about all the other problems in life because there is no bigger problem than addiction. It consumes every bit of our lives, minds, emotions; it consumes us as humanbeings and leave a vegetable behind trying to do photosynthesis. Because it reduces the function of the most complex organism in the known universe, our brains, to one and only mission: seek and use the drug! We wasted so many years in the past to addiction, but we want our futures. And there is a way to do it. It's not easy, it's not a war that will be over in one week, but it's possible. And if there's a hope in saving our lives, that's enough for our motivation. And here, it's a great rehab group that we can use for this purpose. We can help eachother, we can share our feelings and thoughts with great intimacy and sincerity. No one will judge us, conversely people will understand us. they will have empathy and sympathy for us. Because we're all the victims of the same disease. I'm using the word 'victim' with great honesty because i didn't choose to be an addict, i personally know no one addicted to weed, but here i am and i'm not blaming myself for this. I know my disease, i know it costed alot, but i also know that i can beat it, i can grow stronger over it and not let it control/consume my life.

People in CannabisRehab.org helped me alot when i was drowning in my own addiction, and i thank all of them who supported me during my hardest times. And here i am, as a completely different person from the guy who was desperately addicted, who lost his every hope in life, who lost his all career and cognitive abilities. I'm building a new life for myself as this new person and willing to help people with all my hearth who are ready for the challenge. CannabisRehab.org is a great source of information, knowledge, experience and please make use of it, you don't need to be alone in this, it's hard to talk about our addiction in the real world but in this virtual world there will be always someone assisting you through this battle.

In summary, get ready for the battle folks and we will support you with every bit of our experience! Post your thoughts, your feelings, your story, and let's try to share the burden and try to reach the light together.

All the best,

http://www.duke.edu/~asf11/articles/...%20matters.pdf
    Last edited by abiogenesis; 01-16-2011, 07:18 PM.

Very interesting post, Before I started smoking the drug I thought I had very strong will power but since I started smoking I began to think I was very wrong. Just goes to prove I was right! When ever I tried to detox I would always relapse a couple days after saying to myself I will quit after this bag, this will be my last bong ever, It just went on and on. My New years resolution last year was to detox the drug forever, the next day I started smoking again. Its now my 31st day sober, I still have many mood swings but I am finding I am laughing a lot more and enjoying myself a lot more than I use to. Things are looking up at the moment.

Comment

I'm very glad that you're enjoying yourself and things are looking up at the moment. As I emphasized in my post, the thing we're struggling is literally a neurological disease that messed up with all the chemical balance of our brains, and that's why we are experiencing all these withdrawel symptoms. But one thing which is much more important and might lead us to relapse in long term is it also messed up all the neurological codings in our brain. Which means that our thought processes are also corrupted and this is what takes longer time to be healed. Healing is a wrong term actually, "being under controlled" is more proper. Because these corrupted codings will never go away, but as we intellectually grow over the addiction, as we code new things by living a sober life, and being aware that the part that's trying to make us smoke is the disease itself, we gain the ability to control these.

Anyway..I hope everything is still going fine.

Take care and keep us posted,
      Last edited by abiogenesis; 12-18-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Great post abiogenesis, I think it’s so important to realize the neurological nature of what’s going on, I think you are doing a great job with the help, support and information you are providing people with, I am sure people are extremely grateful.
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Thanks for your kind words BFB. I lived in a hell for years and hence have a great emphaty for people who are addicted and trying to do as much as I can to help them to get out of this hell. Actually I wish that people were using CannabisRehab.org more extensively and interactively. I believe it would make a lot of good to them. Because if you begin to interact with people about your problem, it would mean that you begin to take action for the solution. And every action is getting one step closer to the solution. Anyway..

I wish everyone a happy christmas with the loved ones. Greetings,

Comment

You deserve them, I know what you mean going through it yourself gives you an understanding that most people who have not never will have, at least we are able to make some good come from our situation. The posting on CannabisRehab.org kind of goes through peaks and troughs, a lot more people just come to read than post but at least the advice and experiences are being shared, hundreds of people read them every day so at least the info is getting out there. I am going to be spending a bit more time on promoting the rehab group mainly in the form of link building, if we can get more websites linking to us that will help to improve our search engine rankings which will get us more traffic, so if anybody wants to give us a link it will be much appreciated, my apologies if I have not been posting as much as I usually do I have a few balls in the air at present, that’s why I am so grateful to yourself and all those who continue to contribute, you are all a big help. But I will try to get the visitors up with a bit of link building hopefully that should help.

Merry Christmas to all.
            Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Yes, it sucks and there is more to it then just drugs.... In step one of NA it explains about obsessive and compulsive behavior...The disease of addiction manifests itself in all sorts of ways... I've been off pot for close to 90 days and I just realized recently that the problem wasn't just the drugs, it was me...

Robin

Comment

I think that's a very good point Robin, the obsessive and compulsive like behaviour is often part of the psychological profile of those of us who are vulnerable to addiction of any kind. In my case I think it's probably inherited as symptoms of obsessions and compulsions tend to run in my family, I personally suspect I may have had a neurological predisposition which made me more vulnerable towards addiction as well as other mental health problems, but anyway yes I think you are right on the money, I am sure many of us have a similar profile in that respect.

All the best,
                Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Great post, I see addiction in a whole new way now.

Comment

Hey ur 1 here, I mentioned this in a different post, I just wanted to bump it up again for more people to see this. I think it is definitely worth reading. Thanks to the original poster abiogenesis, if you have moved on and don't check the site anymore, know that the information you posted has been very much appreciated. It's best to have as much information on the enemy as possible.

Comment

Dodged another bullet matrix style bullet time

Ur 1 here, another day successful. I woke up this morning, and let me just say it was an extremely difficult battle I had with myself today. I haven't been this close, perhaps since I quit five or six months ago. The only thing that saved me, was going back to ithis post and rereading the article abiogenesis has posted here. I think if you are just passively reading my posts , you are doing yourself a great disservice. You don't even need to be registered to reply to my posts. I'd like to know what you all think of this.

Anyways, yeah more people need to be active on hese forums. I see 180 people on here lurking, you would benefit much more by actively participating in discussions and letting your thoughts and experiences be heard.

Anyways yeah, If it wasn't for this post I would have failed my quit many times. Just knowing what I'm really up against has helped tremendously. This whole week, all I've been able to do is stay sober. I've been completely unproductive otherwise. Still, I consider it a successful week. Probably one of the most successful weeks of my live. The drug always is asking me if the boredom and everything else is worth it. It is always putting nagging doubts in my mind. The neurological pathways are set , it will take a lot of time and plenty more struggles to readjust to a sober non addicted lifestyle. But until I was like seventeen or eighteen I was sober. I lived eighteen years sober before I smoked for ten. So I have lived more of my total life sober than highland addicted to weed. I want to get back to that place so bad.

Also, we tend to forget that we can't handle moderate use. It is all or nothing with us. There's no such thing as once a week, or even once a day for that matter. I'm just so happy right now, so happy I kept myself sober. It's almost like some holy miracle, like god told me, just to wait up a second and check that website thread one more time. So I did, got absorbed in it and reconvinced. So yeah, another day soberZ,! Hell yeah beetches!

Comment

Hey abiogenesis

Hey abiogenesis, where are you at? Are you still sober ? If you read this post give us an update on your progress. Did you slip up. Are you still sober. I really benefitted from your posts. it would be great to hear from you. This is ur1.

Comment

I've been off it for almost 6 months, really don't want to relapse. It feels good tone off it, really don't feel like life is much different with out it, just I don't have the yucky habitat my loved ones don't like. Still sometimes I think to myself, "I could have a hit a year from now." I was able to successfully cut down a great deal during the year before I quit. I would only have one hit, maybe once every few days.

When I'm around it, I don't have a hard time passing it up, not even jonesing for it. I am drinking a little more and even sneaking a cigar or cigarette once in a while. I can't be perfect, I suppose, don't really want to be.

There was talk about sending me on a business trio to Denver... That scared me a little, not sure if I could pass it up if sold legally in stores... Luckily I was able to pass on the trip.

Comment

New here

Hi guys...of course I am stoned while writing this, realizing like I have 1,500 times before that smoking is bad for me and makes me dumb, yet I do it every day. Started smoking almost daily at around age 19...I'm 36 years old now. I've managed to make something decent with my life yet I've never been truly happy, no kids, no deep fulfilling love relationships...just a constant weed haze. I'm obsessed with it and can't seem to quit. My latest thing is that I'll buy the weed, smoke it for a few days, then throw it away to be off of it for like, 1 or 2 days then I'll buy it again. Neurotic much? I'm coming on this board because I obviously can't quit on my own...I'm really happy I found it But yeah it sucks because I'm actually a really talented singer, I've done it professional for about 6 years now, and I feel like I could have done so much more with my career if I wasn't constantly high.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              Hi SarBear

Nice to meet you! I know exactly what you mean when you say you are thinking that you could have done more. Don't feel bad. Your life experience is still valuable. I realised this after I had quit for a while. I have been quit from weed for a few months more than a year now. It does make a difference. Both socially and in my career. I feel like I 'build' now. It is different.

Also, don't feel bad that you keep going back to weed after 1 - 2 days. It is really hard, especially in the beginning. It is just the start of your journey. The most important thing is that you want to quit. The more you develop your mindset, the more you post and read and get educated about your addiction, the more success that you will have.

I would suggest keep trying and researching different approaches to your quit. Each time you quit, you can learn something about what works for you and what doesn't.

You might have more success with restricting weed until after 5 pm in the beginning and take it from there. That worked for me, and helped me feel like I was more in control. It might help you too. Some research says that cold turkey is the best method, but it didn't work for me. Keep experimenting and find what works for you. If you keep rolling the dice, one day you will roll a six!

Good luck! Hope to see you around the forum
                              Alice

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X