Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Does anyone consider the idea of getting a treatment at a rehab center

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone consider the idea of getting a treatment at a rehab center

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi Guys,

I am just curious about how many of us been in a rehap center for the drug addiction. Actually it's not a that old concept for the drug since it's always perceived as a soft drug whose addictive properties are still argued between people.

But existence of CannabisRehab.org proves that the drug can be very addictive for some people. And addiction itself is a neurological disorder independent from the drug of choice. Hence, I believe that getting a real treatment for the drug addiction would be something very usefull for people. the drug might not be considered as dangerous as heroin let's say, but when it comes to the relapse rates of people who are addicted, it's very similar between all kind of drugs. I wonder people who want to quit, but couldn't achieve by themselves consider this idea? I'm not asking about seeing a addiction counceller periodically, asking being involved in a real treatment program in a cannabis rehab center.

All the best,

I just watched a documentary on the bbc about cannabis, they said it is now the second most common drug people are referred to cannabis rehab for behind heroin, personally I think that is pretty shocking, been a British program I assume they are referring to the UK, although I think I have read it now accounts for the second highest percentage of US admissions too. The more I hear about this issue the more I think it has become one of societies most silent and unrecognised addictions. Anyway obviously a lot of people quit marijuana without professional rehabilitation, more people probably quit without the need for this kind of treatment than those that have it, plenty of people here do and while not everybody may need this kind of treatment it seems to be there are quite a lot of people who are experiencing the need to have it, I guess it may depend on how addicted you are.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabis Rehab Admin View Post
      I just watched a documentary on the bbc about cannabis, they said it is now the second most common drug people are referred to cannabis rehab for behind heroin, personally I think that is pretty shocking, been a British program I assume they are referring to the UK, although I think I have read it now accounts for the second highest percentage of US admissions too. The more I hear about this issue the more I think it has become one of societies most silent and unrecognised addictions. Anyway obviously a lot of people quit marijuana without professional rehabilitation, more people probably quit without the need for this kind of treatment than those that have it, plenty of people here do and while not everybody may need this kind of treatment it seems to be there are quite a lot of people who are experiencing the need to have it, I guess it may depend on how addicted you are.

Cannabis is the most abused drug (besides alcohol) worldwide. I'm not surprised. As the pot on average get's strong it would be natural to assume the brain response (addiction) would be stronger....and more would seek cannabis rehab to quit. But I thikn you are right. For now the perception of most people is that cannabis is not addictive. It's not until the actually try and quit that they/we find out it's a "wee bit" harder than they imaged.

Comment

A nurse I knew, who worked at a local re-hab centre, told me that cannabis and alcohol were fighting it out for first place, and heroin was a long, long, long way behind. The area in which I live has a high cannabis use and somewhat tolerant culure (near Nimbin, NSW - Google it if you don't know what that means) which may account for the big cannabis presence. I certainly had a brother who did several stints in re-hab because of his cannabis use.

Comment

New south Wales hey, yes from what I have heard there’s quite a tolerant pot culture in many parts of Australia, we are pretty tolerant of it here in the UK where it is also very popular and when it comes to places like California man from what I have heard they worship the stuff, it’s their number one cash crop, they even “prescribe” it for things it is known in the long term to make worse like depression and anxiety, you can get it “prescribed” for literally anything there even writer block, when is writers block a medical problem, it would be interesting to see what the cannabis rehab rates for marijuana are in that particular part of the world.

It’s like home grown says many people find it’s a lot harder than they think when they actually come to try giving it up, we all know the people who use it every day and are utterly convinced they are not addicted but have never even tried to go any significant time without it. Anyway it’s all too easy to focus all our attention on the big bad tiger of the jungle such as the harder drugs and without realising it fail victim to the wolf in sheep’s clothing and even if the wolf doesn’t kill us, it can still really make a mess of us.
          Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

So let me get this straight cannabis accounts for either the highest or second highest amount of cannabis rehab admissions depending on where you live in the world and yet so many people still think it’s not addictive, what is this bizzaro world? It’s like we are living on two different planets!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
              Rehab admission for cannabis addiction is now very common but not everybody relizes it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X