Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

first attempt at quitting weed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first attempt at quitting weed

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I have been using the drug for over 10 years. I have never tried to give up because I never thought it was a problem. To outside eyes I seem to function: never late, busy with work, able to manage my business but my personal life has been suffering slowly for the last decade and it has now reached crisis point. My partner has reached his limit and has asked me to leave. I have justified my smoking the drug for years telling myself that this is my way of relaxing.
    I have just made my first attempt to get some help by calling drugsline. I don't know if it's too late to save my relationship but even if it isn't I don't want to fall into a pattern of self medicating as a way of coping with the loss.
    For something that I told myself wasn't a problem feels like the end of the world now and I feel so foolish for putting the rolling ritual before all the real things that matter in my life.
    The person I spoke to was able to give me the number of a drop in centre which I will be visiting in 3 days.
    It's helpful to read about the people who are reaching 2 year milestones and are happy to be there.

Hi dancerlondon and welcome to the forum.

I hope you don’t mind I have moved your post to its own thread and made the title a bit more descriptive. Using the drug can affect us all in different ways, but many people do find it can cause problems in their personal life especially with their relationships. You may be able to save your relationship especially if you change what it is that is causing the problem but it will take a bit of work, any way talking to people who are trained to deal with addiction is probably a very good idea, I am sure they will be of help.

Anyway I am glad you have found the information here of help, take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
      Hi dancerlondon,

As Rehab Admin states, mostly we don't realize the harm that the drug does to our lives until we see it in a solid way. Myself also came to accept my the drug problem when my marriage was at stake, but when I started to try quitting, I realized that it did harm to my cognitions, emotions and enjoy of life much more than my marriage. We think of the drug as a perfect way of relaxing but as time goes by it may happen to be the only way of relaxing and that's something really sad. It's indeed a very good idea to seek professional help, the drug might not give horrible withdrawals like i.e. heroin, but the neurology behind the addictive mechanism is always the same, and an external help during quitting is, in my opinion, far more necessary than getting a treatment for depression let's say. Because addiction is something to do with our neurology, we should restructure the wiring in our brains and an external help would mean a lot in this sense.

Please do always come here, share your feelings and your journey, and we can together try to put a better perspective on what you are going through. I believe being in touch with people is very important due to the same reasons to seek for an external help. It's a mind game in our brain and looking it with others might give a clearer idea on what we are going through.

All the best,

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X