Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Marijuana – Its all about how you react to it - We can all react differently

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good information

Comment

If you are doing something and hiding it, it's a read indicator of how wrong that thing is. You are a great person and the fact that you are questioning it is a sign of the greatness. Please stay strong and surround yourself with positive people who want to pull you up.

Comment

I am currently on day 3 and surprised at how quickly the mind can recover from (15 yrs) daily use. It is the longest i have gone herb-less since a trip to Cuba for 10 days in 2009. 5 days into the trip I got severe anxiety, and it lasted the remainder of the time there. The minute I stepped out of the airport, I burned one in the car on the way home. I just turned 30 in November, and realized it was time to quit after 15 yrs of high-grade cannabis use daily (including most mornings before work). So far things have been alright, but the odd time I get urges to smoke "just one" . I am surprised I have been able to go this long without going insane, never thought it would be possible. The anxiety attack I got in Cuba made me think that if I ever tried to quit, it would come back and bite me in the @$$. The clear-headedness I am feeling is definately a bonus, and I am realizing I don't need cannabis in my life anymore. If I can make it to day 30, I know there will be no looking back.

Comment

Ur1 here, Rehab Admin that was a pretty insightful post. it is a shame that some users develop addictions while others seem to dodge that bullet and are able to continue casual use. Perhaps those who use the drug to treat depression are more susceptible to addiction. Perhaps it is genetic. The fact is, as you stated, some will develop addiction to it and some will not.
          I do believe that marajuana itself seems to lend itself better to developing addictions than alcohol. There is no hangover or vomiting,. There is no life threatening withdrawls. It doesn't send your head spinning face first to the floor in a blackout. So I believe it is more insidious and widely accepted as a so called harmless drug. Though we all know that no drug is harmless. By definition, a drug always has side effects. It gives one thing and takes something else away. THere is always a trade off. For me , it had a profound effect psychologically. I became very withdrawn, scared of the world. Extreme paranoia. If you can't moderate use it will eventually wreak havoc on you mentally. It is a hallucinogen I think. Fundamentally, it disturbs your dopamine flow, makes it so your mind can't produce it on its own. You become a slave to a plant. That is drug addiction. I'm just taking it one day at a time. Rehab Admin your sticky threads, during the few days the site was down , is something that I really missed. I read these boards constantly. Between you and abiogenesis I have learned so much about the disease of marajuana addiction. In many ways it is similar to all other drug addictions, but of course there are things that make it unique as well. Which is why this site should go back t being called cannabis quitterPotheads need a place, though there is a new website called marajuana anonymous which is also very cool. Anyways please keep this up, I can't stand when it goes down, I really need the info and threads here right now.

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback, we can't really use cannabis quitter any longer as the risk of transferring the google SEO penalty is too high as that domain has a similar backlink profile especially with our press releases (these are not spam by the way), unfortunately what Google once said was ok in this respect they are now saying is not, press releases with optimized keyword text was ok now they are not (monopolies privilege), so we have to use a domain name that we have not before, I haven't made a final decision on the new name just yet but all I can say is that it will be one that is specifically related to recovering from marijuana addiction.

Hopefully the meta tag method of deindexing the site with Google will be successful so hopefully there won't be any need for any more down time if all goes to plan, I will do my best to avoid this. I too found marijuana much nicer to abuse as my hangovers were getting real bad. Good luck with your struggle and stay strong.

All the best,
            Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Thanks BFB, yes I will definitely stay strong and overcome this. I almost have one year under my belt. It took me a lot of failures to finally realize I am an addict, and for an addict there is no sucH thing as once in a while or moderate. I suppose that's the nature of the disease. I see so many potheads in denial about thier addiction. They can even get quite nasty in defense of thier drug of choice. I guess I've never been one of the oblivious ones. I always knew it was bad for me and that I wanted to kick it, I just didn't understand why I couldn't. When I read here that my problem was neurological , that my brain chemistry was unbalanced, for some reason that made a big difference in my resolve. Perhaps I stopped thinking of myself as weak willed and pathetic. It gave me strength to know that the enemy was much greater than I had first imagined. When you understand the science of it you are better able to understand what is happening and that gives you power.

I'm very happy the new website is getting a marajuana related name. When that happens I will definitely register. I have been trying to be as active as possible on here. Helping others is such a healing thing, I'm sure you know. If the world had more people caring about each other it wouldn't be such a ****d up place.

All the best, keep Up the great great work BFB, ur1 here

Comment

Great resource. Please add commas. I found it rather difficult to read

Comment

I am so glad you wrote this post and that I found this website. One of the biggest problems Ive had with being/staying sober is the controversy over weed being addictive. After attending rehab, I soon got hooked again and questioned if it was all in my head since my friends and family insisted weed is not addictive or creates any problems. Finding a community in regards to staying sober from weed has really helped. Im proud to say im day 46 sober

Comment

Yes I think the whole controversy thing can be a real distraction for people in our position and trying to rehabilitate, everyone has the right to their opinion but for someone who knows that it has affected their lives in many of the typical ways that any sort of drug use or addiction can it really doesn't help people constantly trying to tell them it's all in their head, possibly because it allows them to feel better about their own use, either way the way I see it is the person always knows best, only they know how it has truly affected them.

All the best,
                    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

post #5

With the advent of legalization,
                      there is a whole new realization of it's addictive powers.

i think the coming year or two will really start to formalize as more information is readily gained.

as as illicit drug, it just got poo-pooed

but now as a legal drug

i expect more evidence and acceptance of the strong addictions some experience.

mind you when i quit smoking pot at age 17 i never experienced any withdrawal

now at age 53 after 19 years........it's real! and the addiction was heavy!

i'd never believed it could be so until trying to quit again....

never was an alcoholic so don't know about that
                      Caffeine addiction has been real as well and i'm cutting back from 10 cups to one now simultaneously quittting pot!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                        Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        In the end the title will say it all. I'm gonna start by saying I haven't read this entire thread simply because I don't have any interest in problems that are not related to me. I apologize in advance if there has already been a post similar to this one.
                        How do I explain a problem that really isn't a problem? I've been smoking pot for the past 10 years now. I've have quit off and on many times since. Sometimes I go periods of 6-8 months in between smoking. But I always start up again. I don't mean to say this is a bad thing. I'll say it right now to make things perfectly clear. I enjoy getting high! I enjoy smoking pot! But the experience has changed over the past year or so, maybe back further. What I mean by that is...I only enjoy it if I get high by myself (loser alert). But seriously, it has changed from a social enjoyment to a personal thing. I used to get high with friends or get high then go do something, that sort of thing. I don't enjoy getting high with others anymore and I absolutely cannot stand being high and trying to do something worthwhile. To put it in to some perspective, reading books about theoretical physics and cosmology are my favorite things to do while I'm high. I just feel like a total burn out even if I just read. Everyday I tell myself I'm going to quit, I should quit. But the next day it's the same thing over. Come midnight when the day is done I smoke a bowl and just spend time with myself.
                        So the problem really is this...I want to quit but I just can't seem to do so. Those periods I go without smoking are a blessing. I wish I could just be done once and for all. I simply can't do it. Eventually, I will start again. Sorry it's very difficult to explain my situation without telling my entire life story. I didn't want to burn anyone out (lol) with pages full of text. Just looking for words of wisdom...anyone?

What makes u think we want to offer u help when u write someything like I don't care about others problems, yet pls hell me. Change ur atitude or just fake it. Sounds like ur the type off person that is all into Instagram

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X