Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Terrible Hot Flashes N Night Sweats After Quitting Weed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible Hot Flashes N Night Sweats After Quitting Weed!

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    i,

I quit smoking just shy of 2 weeks ago. I've smoked off and on for the past 9 years... sometimes on a regular basis... sometimes just on occasion. I've always smoked the drug off the street that i got from friends and people i knew as most of us do and have never had any issues with stopping before, until now.

Right about the begining of this last Dec (2010) one of my buds started getting a hold of medical the drug that really thru me for a loop once i stopped. I wasn't having issues with anxiety as far as i can tell, (but im not a doctor) and wasn't really craving the drug either except for the first day or two. Yet since i've stopped smoking i have a really serious problem sleeping. During the day i'm fine and i feel normal, it's a night is when it starts getting ridiculous. I've been having terrible hot flashes and night sweats. i'm not talking like hot flashes that occur once an hour or every couple hours. I'm talking 3-4 every minute or two. I usually wake up a handfull of times per night laying in wet sheets cuz of sweating... even with the covers off. I cant sleep at all. My gf tells me it's freezing in the room and i'm layin on the bed next to her feeling like im on fire. Does anyone have any idea what i can do? How can i get it to stop? or relieve me of this agony?!

Any advice welcome!

Thanks!

Hi Unregistered Guest and welcome to the forum.

It does sound like there’s a good chance it’s connected to you quitting drugs, it something that is often associated with both using and quitting drugs in general, many different drugs in fact, but if you are concerned perhaps you should consult your doctor, I am not sure if they will be able to do much for you, like with a lot of the symptoms you experience when quitting drugs it may just be something you have to go through, but as I always say if in doubt consult your doctor.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Hello. I'm on my 7th of quitting and have the same issue. Last night was the worst. I woke up twice totally soaked in sweat. My sheets and hair were totally soaked. There were a few nights when i have worked out vigorously that i did not sweat or sweat as much, but when i'm working out i sweat waaaaay more than normal. I hope it goes away soon and that i can find some good advice on how to stop it.

Comment

Hi and welcome

I am not sure that there is anything that will stop it other than time, but it should ease up it is just one of the very common withdrawal symptoms that many people suffer, so try not to let it freak you out too much it can be perfectly normal.

Thanks for posting, take care and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

I also advise not to freak out about the physical withdrawals. Mostly, it's easiest and quickest to get over with, it's mainly the mental battle that we should be more prepared for. So, don't worry, they shouldn't last for too long, but if that happens to be the case, you might want to see a doctor. Nowadays, they can even treat the horrible physical withdrawals of heroin, I'm sure that it's relatively simple to treat physical symptoms caused by cannabis withdrawal.

Take care and please keep us posted,

All the best

Comment

i would like to share with you my experience in this issue, i was 10 years wake n'bake smoker, very potent weed, unlimited supply due to the fact that i grow my own, so i smoked like 10-15 joints per day, and i quit 9 months ago, actually not 100% quit but became like a weekly thing. i was sweating a lot first few days, woke up to change my clothes several times every night, but i was working out a lot, daily morning walk then afternoon gym, the sweating and chills went away in 4 days, and that was it.
            so i would strongly advise you to work out, because when you do, you're sweating and drinking water cleansing your body quickly.

Comment

quitting is hard

OMG i thought i was the only person in the world who suffered with this when i try giving up, as none of my friends have ever had this problem, i think i may have another go with the help of this cannabis rehab site and knowing im not the only person with these withdraw syptoms, i thought i was abnormal and could never give up as i have tried a few times before and failed feeling quite stupid like i couldnt do it and stick to my word

Comment

Hi Silvermaze and guest and welcome to the forum

I am glad you have found us, it sounds like there are a great deal many out there who can experience these sort of problems and can’t understand why it is that it is happening to them but not necessarily to others, there is an awful lot of ignorance out there when it comes to addiction to marijuana, addiction is a neurological thing that happens in the brain and something some are more genetically predetermined to experience than others and while not everybody who uses it will become addicted, just like not everybody who uses alcohol will become addicted to that either, but once this change has taken place within the brain you can experience all kinds of withdrawal symptoms.

But not to worry you now know you are not alone and don’t have to feel like you are going mad, you are not abnormal it is something that can happen to some, many people find it a real struggle to detox marijuana and experience all kinds of mental and physical symptoms as a result, but hang in there my friend they do pass and we can all get there in the end, we will be with you every step of the way.

Take care and please keep us posted

All the best
                Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Hey there everyone, I just came across CannabisRehab.org and am like OMG!!! WOW!!!
                  Its all down to mind set, I have so many friends who say they can't sleep without cannabis(I used to be one of them) but it's really nothing to do with cannabis, it's just that people convince themselves that it is. I smoke it probably more than most do but every month or so I hit a period when I just cant get my hands on any... but because I have learnt to keep a positive attitude about it, the only negative effect is the amount of cigs I smoke instead (EWW YUCKK)

All you have to do is instead of worrying and convinceing yourself you need or rely or are addicted to cannabis, is just take a more relaxed aproach to it and convince yourself it's really no big deal. Remember... our minds are exceedingly complex machines and can easily play tricks on us, especially when we encourage them to.

If you can do this then I promise you will never get sweats or trouble sleeping due to no cannabis ever again!!

Good Luck with the quitting

Comment

Exercise!

Originally posted by SilverMaze View Post
                    i would like to share with you my experience in this issue, i was 10 years wake n'bake smoker, very potent weed, unlimited supply due to the fact that i grow my own, so i smoked like 10-15 joints per day, and i quit 9 months ago, actually not 100% quit but became like a weekly thing. i was sweating a lot first few days, woke up to change my clothes several times every night, but i was working out a lot, daily morning walk then afternoon gym, the sweating and chills went away in 4 days, and that was it.
                    so i would strongly advise you to work out, because when you do, you're sweating and drinking water cleansing your body quickly.
                    I have been a daily the drug smoker for the past 5 years with a minor 5 month break in between once. I have tried to resist and quit time and time again with no success. I quit again yesterday morning and so far so good! My secret? EXERCISE! I've been going for daily runs and hula hooping every time I feel the urge to blaze. You get such a mad high of a good work out, you soon forget about getting high on weed. I think it's important to do an exercise that you really enjoy, because chances are your already in a shit mood because of lack of weed. Go to the park, juggle a ball, go swimming at the pool. GET OUT, KEEP BUSY! If you simply cut out the drug and continue with old habits, everything you do will remind you of your little green frenemy. Also tell someone whose opinion you care about. It is a lot easier when you have people surrounding you that fully support your choice. Good luck, and get goin!
                    <3

Comment

Originally posted by LadyLuck View Post
                      I have been a daily the drug smoker for the past 5 years with a minor 5 month break in between once. I have tried to resist and quit time and time again with no success. I quit again yesterday morning and so far so good! My secret? EXERCISE! I've been going for daily runs and hula hooping every time I feel the urge to blaze. You get such a mad high of a good work out, you soon forget about getting high on weed. I think it's important to do an exercise that you really enjoy, because chances are your already in a shit mood because of lack of weed. Go to the park, juggle a ball, go swimming at the pool. GET OUT, KEEP BUSY! If you simply cut out the drug and continue with old habits, everything you do will remind you of your little green frenemy. Also tell someone whose opinion you care about. It is a lot easier when you have people surrounding you that fully support your choice. Good luck, and get goin!
                      <3
                      a "monior" 5 month break? huh? man a 5 month break is anything but minor. i have never quit for this long basically because i didn't chose to do. i think that the drug is different than other drugs, if someone can quit the drug for a month, then he can quit for good if he choses to. i have quit sometimes for 20 days sometimes less usually i smoke on average every week, but i chose to do so, and whenever i smoke, i am not really craving, just feeling like a smoke. i don't feel the danger of going back to daily abuse, i never will allow myself to go back there, it's been 9 months now and i am not making an effort, just sticking to very low intake not to hurt myself again. i am only saying this to tell you that if you try to resist again and feel like you couldn't, don't feel like a complete failure and just smoke a lot again, remember that you can just not smoke any tomorrow. at the start, that's what i did, i felt a lot like smoking in the first days, and 20 days or so in i gave in and smoked, first question i had after that was "is this a relapse?" and i refused to call it so, i just said to myself, tomorrow i will stick to my 20 day old habit of not smoking then it cannot be called a relapse, merely a slip. well i slipped several times, and then it started feeling easier every time to not smoke, actually i still keep some the drug in my drawer and don't smoke it. let's see, last time i smoked was ummmm the past sunday i don't know when i will smoke again, i don't plan or wait for it anymore, it just happens when it feels right. but then again, i've heard of and seen people who crave this stuff like it's heroin they cannot live without it, guess i'm just not this type. my secret too is EXERCISE

Comment

Night sweats after quitting marijuana

Hello,

I was a "chronic" pot smoker for 15 years. Before marriage, and career, I was definitely "wake & bake," all day, all night. I went from a fairly lean 142lbs to 186lbs on a 5'6" frame. I was outright fat. After college & marriage, I was able to control my urges somewhat, but still toked daily. I was able to limit my smoking till after my work day was done. After getting comfortable in my career, I started smoking before & after work. 5 years ago I decided to lose weight, & get back in shape. I have been lifting weights 3-4 times, swim 4-6 miles, bike 50-100 miles, & run 20-25 miles a week regulary. The whole time still smoking pot (only after training & before bed).
                        2 weeks ago my wife & I decided to take a week vacation (without the kids). I knew I couldn't smoke during this time, so I thought I would take this opportunity to try & quit smoking cold turkey. I don't regularly drink very much, but I did that week. I baked some "magic" brownies to munch on just before arriving at the airport. By the time we arrived at our resort, I was completely down. Thank goodness there was slot of things to do at the resort to keep me occupied, and my mind off of my cravings. Starting the very first night of quitting, my NIGHT SWEATS started. I wake up every 2 hours soaking wet in sweat, and have to change my clothes.
                        We came home last Monday, and I have still not toked. I am determined to quit, but I still have the night sweats, just as fierce, still waking up 3-4 times a night. I am really sleep deprived, and very tired. I was really worried about what was going on. I thought I had cancer or something, or I was starting to experience male menopause. That's when I started to look online about my night sweats/hot flashes during sleep. Thankfully I found these blogs. How long do these night sweats go on for? Is there anything I can do to help relieve or lessen the frequency?
                        I do not smoke cigarettes at all, and never have (only weed). I have also noticed that when I cough, my phlegm has brownish, grey crap floating inside it. I am assuming that's all the tar & crap built-up in my lungs from years of smoking marijuana.
                        On a positive note, all my times for swimming, biking, and running have been dropping quite a bit. I am looking forward to doing my first triathlon this summer. I JUST WANT A GOOG NIGHT's SLEEP.

Thanks,

Determined

Comment

my experience

I too am a long term marijuana smoker and have been for about 6 yrs at least 2-3 blunts a day. About 3 years back I can remember beginning to sweat all the time.. not just while i sleep but in class, alone in my room, out to dinner w friends, its so bad I feel like I've developed an anxiety to be social because of the fact itll start to look like I ran a marathon. Years ago I was the life of the party extremely out going almost to the point of abnoxious but i loved it... i started to strongly feel these symptons stemmed from smoking although everyone around me absolutely knew there is no withdrawals from marijuana.. boy are they wrong... this past thanksgiving we had a big family gathering at my dads... it was a disaster sweats came pouring down like wild fire I simply realized I am not myself.... the person i loved so much... so i decided right then and there... im done!!! The first few days were like no other... it was those same symptoms X4, I woke up every 30 min in cold sweats having to change my clothes... it was very very unconfortable.. but sure enough after a week I noticed that I was much more relaxed throughout the day.. sometimes seeking out social events... around x mas we had another shabang about a month into my soberity and I had the time of my life I wasnt even thinking about the sweat on my forehead.. beginning of january I started smoking and sure enough those same feelings came back.... today is my 3rd day into calling it quits once and for all... and last night was just like those cold sweaty days in november... there are def withdrawals symptoms and they seem to be similar in all cases.. stay strong and good luck to all

Comment

Dear Guest,
                            We always heard it wasn't physically addictive... We can't all be crazy...
                            Well maybe we're crazy but.... we can't all be wrong.. LOL
                            Stay strong and please keep us posted...

Robin

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              frenemy

Originally posted by LadyLuck View Post
                              I have been a daily weed smoker for the past 5 years with a minor 5 month break in between once. I have tried to resist and quit time and time again with no success. I quit again yesterday morning and so far so good! My secret? EXERCISE! I've been going for daily runs and hula hooping every time I feel the urge to blaze. You get such a mad high of a good work out, you soon forget about getting high on weed. I think it's important to do an exercise that you really enjoy, because chances are your already in a shit mood because of lack of weed. Go to the park, juggle a ball, go swimming at the pool. GET OUT, KEEP BUSY! If you simply cut out the weed and continue with old habits, everything you do will remind you of your little green frenemy. Also tell someone whose opinion you care about. It is a lot easier when you have people surrounding you that fully support your choice. Good luck, and get goin!
                              <3
                              frenemy got to say thats a good way of describing it i love cannabis but hate the fact im dependant on it and loose my temper over daft shit then getn stoned and feeling like a **** cos ive took it out on the people i love most.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X