Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Pot Addiction - What we suspect the least can be that which is most likely to get us!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot Addiction - What we suspect the least can be that which is most likely to get us!

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I was just thinking really it’s sometimes the things we suspect the least that we are the most vulnerable to falling victim of. So much of the focus of the dangers of drugs is directed on the harder ones and to a certain extent that’s fair enough, perhaps people should be more weary of those kind of drugs, but the danger is when you are only focusing on the ones that you think are the threat you sometimes over look the others which may be less dramatic but also harmful even if it is to a lesser extent. Obviously it’s worse to get hit by a truck than a motorcycle, but the truth be known you don’t really want to get hit by either, it’s probably best to steer clear of both if you can, just because there is something worse it still doesn’t make the less harmful option a good thing. I often refer to it as the such and such is worse argument although I am not really sure what it proves, it still doesn’t turn a bad thing into a good thing. And when you consider the fact that a lot more people may be using the one drug than the other even if it is a less harmful and less addictive drug, you can end up with the kind of situation that we have now where in some parts of the world cannabis is in the top couple of places for drug cannabis rehab admissions, when you look at some of these cannabis rehab figures it kind of makes you re-examine whether it is as harmless as you first thought. It’s a bit like we are so focussed on watching out for the tiger that we are failing to watch out for the wolves who are actually far greater in number and the fact that they may be in sheep’s clothing can often make it all the harder to see the danger coming. Anyway I just thought it’s worth thinking about.

Take care and all the best
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

I completely agree with you BFB. The thing is, when you get addicted and start to use a drug daily, it won't matter what you use, the only thing you do will be seeking and using the drug. And when it comes to quitting, relapse rates over different drugs are really very similar. The first weeks of rehabilitation for heroin and cannabis can be much different, but when you think of in the long term, underlying neurological disorder would be same and the relapse rate over a year for example is very very similar. The main thing that differs for different drugs is the amount of the permanant damage that they can make to your brain. In this sense, cannabis might not be as harmful as alcohol, cocaine or heroine, but when it comes to the life that drugs force us to live, and our success rate to detox when we want to, I would put them all in the same basket.

All the best,

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
      Pot Addiction

It is indeed true that there is often a similarity in lifestyles from using all drugs, granted some may be less extreme than others, but there is often some kind of similarity at least to some extent. I know with cannabis I was definitely lulled into a false sense of security due to it’s so called benign reputation that it had amongst many of my peers, I know I never would have considered using harder drugs but I really did think that cannabis was a safe option and certainly didn’t think you could get as hooked on it as I did. It’s this wolf in sheep’s clothing element that can make it even easier to fall victim to.
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X