Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

The Marijuana Effect – A Butterfly Flaps it’s Wings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marijuana Effect – A Butterfly Flaps it’s Wings

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I was thinking just how much of a butterfly like effect can using marijuana have on your life? I know people who think it’s the best thing in the world wouldn’t have much time for this perspective and would probably say you can’t blame it for those sort of knock on effects, but I wonder how much of the stuff that happens in the lives of people that use it wouldn’t have were they not users, whether that’s the same as saying that marijuana is to blame I don’t know, but if it would not have happened had you not been a user then I would probably say there’s not that much difference, but maybe it all depends on your definition of blame.

Of course you can’t always blame everything on anyone particular thing and sometimes the reasons for our situation can be a pretty complex and rich tapestry that is made up of a number of issues all affecting and interacting with each other and sometimes it can indeed be difficult to know exactly which are responsible for what, but sometimes there may well be something that tips the scales and creates a cycle or chain of events far more so than any other. I know personally that using marijuana has had a huge effect on my life and unfortunately it has not been for the good, at one point I nearly took my own life and as much as others may disagree with me I am fairly sure I would not have been in that situation had I not used dope. But I don’t think I am the only one, from what I have observed using drugs can have a huge effect on your life, from what I have seen the people who use drugs including marijuana often lead significantly different lives to those who don’t, it’s such a different culture of living, it can affect so much about how you live your life and from what I have seen often not for the better.

Anyway I was just wondering how other people think this fits in with their experience of using dope.

Take care
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

I think, this is really a good point to talk about. Especially because for most of us here the function of the drug in our lives had a dominant effect above all other things. I mean, for me, all the purpose of my life was to smoke weed. So, I adjusted every bit of my life to achieve this goal whenever wherever possible. So, I feel like I didn't experience any real life event during all these years. In normal life, there is a diverse scale of emotions that we feel when we encounter different situations. But when we trigger our emotions with an external substance, there is no scale anymore, it's the same high feeling that is driven by the substance, and when the drug is not present, it's all abnormal functioning of hormones, during which the only thing I was thinking was the next time I would smoke. So, I really make a very clear distinction for myself: There is life with its all diversities, or there is the drug with the same stoned feeling. So, for my case, I can say that I didn't have a life when I was using weed, and I could have a life if I weren't. I really feel like I didn't grow up emotionally and intellectually during all these years of the drug use.

All the best,

Comment

I just wanted to add obviously it is something that seems to affect some more than others, I think a lot of it can come down to how dominant a force it becomes, if your life is pretty much revolving around using it then it does become a pretty dominant force. I know with me the routine of my life was far too orientated around smoking weed.
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Not always bad

As with everything in life there is good with bad. A lot of the negative that comes with the stoner lifestyle is actually associated with the stigma. A very unfair stigma mind you, considering alcohol nearly ended my life and it's completely legal. It's completely acceptable to go out and have a few drinks to kick back and relax, but if I smoke a bowl(which doesn't hurt my physically or mentally) I am a criminal. It forces a underground culture, much like the prohibition did back in the day. Isn't it possible that the unfair social stigma is what is causing the associated negativity?

For me, my family was being torn apart by an alcoholic brother. My boyfriends family is being torn apart by alcoholic parents. The thing that brought my family together, sitting around one table and talking, was my beautiful Mary Jane. Of course anything can ruin your life if you put everything into it, but it can also be your salvation. It depends on the outside factors regarding it, whether or not they are positive or negative. In this closed minded society it will always be negative outside of that underground culture.

Comment

Fair point, not everybody is going to find it is necessarily a problem for them just like with alcohol, I am sure many people can sit around a table and talk and share experiences while enjoying a snazzy bouquet of wine or whatever they say and not drink to excess, maybe they even experience the health benefits of a glass and a half of red wine a day or whatever it is, but then there are those who experience what your family did with alcohol or what many people here have with pot, the main thing in my opinion is not to develop too polarized a view of either situation which both many drinkers and stoners seem too often do, maybe they should just find a good sports team to either support or hate, LOL.

One thing I often say here is that although marijuana can have a very negative effect on some people that doesn’t necessarily mean it will have that affect on everyone, but we are a support group for people who are finding it to be a problem and thus that’s the focus and what you are going to hear about here, which is something else I think some people do not get, but maybe they also go to alcoholics anonymous to point out the benefits of alcohol and gamblers anonymous to do the same there. I wonder if AA or GA can criticise the negative side of their vices without having to listen to all the good about it too.

Maybe GA should balance out their criticism of gambling with praise so not to give gambling a bad image, it might not help their group quit their addiction but I am sure the gaming industry would love it. My apologies I don’t mean to get too sarcastic I guess I just have to say it a lot, maybe I should put something relating to this point in my sig or in the forums description.

Why I have approved and responded to your post because some silly part of me would feel bad if I didn’t as I don’t think there is any malicious intent and now when I think about it I feel I am being a bit rude and obtuse for which I apologise, oh how I can never win in life, LOL.

I don’t know I guess you can view everything from opposing perspectives and the rights and interests of one group are often in opposition to that of another, I guess we all look out for our own. Granted we are not a good PR campaign for stoners, but great for helping people quit, I guess there is a pro and a con to everything, but in fairness I think we do try to be as balanced as we possibly can considering the nature of our group, but hey fair is fair the stoners do have Woody Harrelson, LOL.

All the best,
          Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
            My apologies I think I was a bit of a butt hole been sarcastic like that, I guess I have just heard people go on about all the benefits many many times and have had to point out numerous times that been an addiction support group it’s the negative you will hear about here, I guess I should just not approve such posts but sometimes I just don’t have the heart not to.
            Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X