Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Naloxone/Naltrexone - Marijuana/drug induced depersonalization/psychosis treatment???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naloxone/Naltrexone - Marijuana/drug induced depersonalization/psychosis treatment???

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi folks

Ok this is a very interesting one at least for me and anybody else in a similar situation to me. Those of you who have read many of my posts will know my marijuana use has caused significant damage to my mental health and that unfortunately although I have made significant improvements it has still left me far from how I was before I started using the drug and believe me I know the difference between the two, unfortunately I am still in a bit of a mess and still suffering, I have suffered all kinds of symptoms including anxiety, paranoia, depression, memory and cognitive problems, it’s a constant brain fog, thinking and talking can be like swimming in treacle, but it been much more than just that, it has up until now permanently changed my consciousness, it’s like been constantly spaced out and on a permanent trip that’s not real, everything is cloudy and hazy, weird and surreal, it’s like constantly living in a dream like fog, it’s completely changed my consciousness and my reality, it’s like you are between worlds, a kind of limbo if you like, it’s something that I find quite hard to explain even, I often think you would have to experience it to understand it.

I have done a fair bit of research on what I am suffering from and although when you read about various mental health problems it can be easy to match the symptoms you are suffering from with quite a few different conditions, and although I wasn’t entirely neurotypical to begin with, mental health problems do run in my family, my mother has researched it quite a bit lately and thinks that quite a few in our family are on the autism spectrum disorder (ASD), which may be why I was much more susceptible to experiencing this kind of harm as a result of using drugs, but what put the final nail in the coffin of my mental health was the drug use, and the closest I have ever matched the symptoms which it has caused me is probably with something like cannabis psychosis, or even more specifically than that something called derealisation or depersonalisation disorder depending on whether you separate the two I think some do and some don’t, in fact this specific condition in particular is what seems the closest match I have ever came across, it’s the best way of describing what I have experienced. So many of the symptoms I have experienced including the “brain fog” are apparently symptoms of these type of dissociative disorders, like I say many of the symptoms I have experienced can also be symptoms of other mental health problems too which does indeed make it so hard to know what you are dealing with, but some kind of dissociative disorder is probably the best match I have came across so far. By the way what makes you even more in the dark when it comes to my type of situation is the current health system I am under here in the UK , the NHS now has the policy of not been too specific in their diagnosis of any particular mental health problems or so the people who have treated me have told me as well as other patients, they gave the extremely politically correct reason that they don’t like to label people any more, although whether there are other motives perhaps even in regards to their own liability or perhaps even other possible ramifications for the patient themselves who knows I wouldn’t be surprised, maybe it is better in many respects if they don’t for all kinds of reasons including the fact that even they may not be that good at getting it right, perhaps certain elements of modern psychiatry have become a bit too specific when it comes to all these very specific diagnosis’s and perhaps when you consider how much the symptoms of all these various conditions can over lap and the fact that people may be suffering from more than one I am sure it is pretty hard to diagnose people after the amount of time you get to talk to a NHS doctor. That coupled with the fact that the whole mental health thing is maybe even a bit more fluid and subjective than many would have you believe and that even the professionals can sometimes classify various things differently and disagree as to what does and doesn’t even exist to begin with, unfortunately it is the sort of thing where a patient can go to two different psychiatrists and get two different diagnosis’s, I am sure many of you have read of that happening. So when you consider all these things maybe it is best that a limited health care system like the NHS just tries to treat the symptoms, which from what I have heard is all they can usually really do anyway. My apologies the reason I have digressed into all that is because as a patient in my situation one of the draw backs is that it can sort of leave you in the dark, but the one thing I truly believe is that the drug use is what has contributed to much of the damage and it seems like maybe some kind of psychosis or dissociative disorder triggered by drugs, drugs like marijuana can trigger them both apparently.

Someone suggested to me a while back that I was suffering from this, actually it was a fellow mental health patient I met while on the treatment track, I have also found other people complaining of these sort of symptoms from using marijuana on forums and other people have responded saying that it sounds like they are suffering from this as well, like I say drugs like marijuana are known for been able to do this to some people.

Anyway sorry again to ramble on but I think it’s all relevant to my experience so if you don’t mind I will include all what I am, but anyway I was doing a bit more research the other night just like DR David Banner hoping to find some kind of cure and I was reading the usual crap like there aren’t any drugs specifically designed to treat depersonalization and that they just give you the standard type of meds like anti depressants, anti anxiety, ect, ect, you know the kind of drugs they use to treat most mental health problems, when I came across something I had not read before in regards to treating depersonalisation, apparently according to a recent Russian study the drug Naloxone has shown very good promise in treating depersonalisation, according to this study "In three of 14 patients, depersonalization symptoms disappeared entirely and seven patients showed a marked improvement. The therapeutic effect of naloxone provides evidence for the role of the endogenous opioid system in the pathogenesis of depersonalization.". As you can imagine due to the nature of my situation this certainly got my attention. Interestingly enough Naloxone for those of you who don’t know is a drug that is used to reverse the effects of opiate intoxication and is what doctors in an emergency room will use to bring somebody back from a heroin overdose, even more interesting in regards to my situation it is also known to do the same with certain other drugs including marijuana. There is also an oral version called Naltrexone which is usually used for recovering opiate addicts as well as sometimes alcoholics and as well as helping to reduce cravings will also block the effects of using these substances should the user stumble and fall of the wagon. Naltrexone has also supposedly made significant improvements in people suffering from depersonalisation and I even read something about it been used for psychosis and borderline personality disorder, again all things that can share a similarity in some of their symptoms and maybe even in the chemistry of what it is that’s going on within the brain, who knows? I don’t claim to be any kind of expert but this is one of the most interesting things I have read in regards to this type of area in quite some time. Could this have some kind of potential to help these kind of mental health problems that may have been triggered by drugs like marijuana? Maybe there is also the potential for it to treat marijuana addiction as well if it does the same for marijuana that is does for opiates, this is something else which I am sure will be of interest to many here.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Continued...

As you can imagine been in the kind of situation I am I have spent a fair amount of time wondering what has exactly happened to my brain, is it brain damage or is it just a severe upset to the chemistry of my brain which up till now I have been unable to properly recover from. Evidence supposedly shows marijuana can damage the brain and apparently from what I have read unfortunately some people are far more susceptible to it doing so than others, but usually from what I have read the damage it does to the brain isn’t usually that severe, perhaps not severe enough to account for the kind of experience I have had, although like I say even this is something that apparently can vary a fair bit depending on the individual, but I have also thought maybe it’s caused more of an upset to the chemistry of my brain rather than actually killing my brain cells off, although I may to a certain extent even be suffering from a combination of the two, but the dramatic change to my consciousness often makes me think is it mainly an upset of my brains chemistry, like I say it’s about much more than just memory and cognitive problems and drug induced psychosis and dissociative disorders are often associated with these sort of symptoms from what I have read. So maybe even if I have done a bit of damage to my brain perhaps it is more of a drug induced upset of the chemistry. Up until now to be honest the way I have seen it is that it really doesn’t make that much difference, I usually just refer to it as the harm it’s done to my brain, but either way it’s something I am still stuck with 5 years later after not having smoked at all. By the way if you are thinking but hang on this guy seems fairly coherent, assuming that you don’t find my writing like double Dutch which maybe you do I don’t honestly know how it reads to others, but if you think but hang on there’s still some intelligence there then yes hopefully there is, I still obsessively over think and over philosophize, but my drug use has significantly damaged my memory and cognitive abilities, I actually find it much easier to express myself in writing than through oral communication these days, if you were to hear my try to articulate this then I would be struggling far more and constantly repeating myself and digressing even further, I can get into a right mess with my speech these days, at least with writing I can take my time and cover everything I want to say as I can’t think on my feet like I used which is probably one of the main reasons I struggle with my speech so much more, it’s like swimming in treacle at times, but even writing anything can take a very long time and I have to re read it and check it many times and if it weren’t for Microsoft spelling and grammar check been so dam good these days I am sure you would find my written communication even poorer than perhaps you already do. But like I say it’s about much more than just memory and cognitive abilities, everything about my consciousness has changed, everything is now hazy and surreal.

Anyway if this is down to an upset in the chemistry of my brain could these type of drugs have the potential to make some improvement, I don’t even have the audacity to expect a complete cure but if there was even a chance of a treatment that could make even a %30 improvement that would mean the world of difference to someone like me.

So that’s about it really, to be honest I have only just stumbled across this information and I am not going to get my hopes up just yet, obviously it’s something I am going to have to look into a lot lot further, like I say I don’t claim to be any kind of expert, maybe there’s nothing in it what so ever and maybe it’s a complete waste of time, but I thought I just have to share it with you and see what you guys think, could this be hope? Maybe you could read up on it too and share your thoughts.

As I say I am not saying that this definitely is some kind of dissociative disorder, brain fog can indeed be a symptom of a number of mental health problems including, anxiety, depression and even psychosis, it’s also something that people that have just used too many drugs can end up with basically as a result of frying their brains, never the less something in this area still could be a strong possibility and something I suppose I have to consider, especially when there may be a way of treating it, especially when this treatment may be beneficial for a number of mental health problems too according to early research, it’s something that has to be worth looking into further.

That’s it for now, anybody who has actually read all the way through this probably deserves a medal, my apologies for going on but at least hopefully you have a fairly full picture of my situation.

Thanks for reading, take care and all the best.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Hi BFB,

Actually I reall wasn't aware of that pot made such a powerful change in your perception of world, I always thought that it is always about cognitions, but when you say "it’s about much more than just memory and cognitive abilities, everything about my consciousness has changed, everything is now hazy and surreal.", it's really something striking for me. Actually I am also well aware that I quit pot just at the border of having a permanant damage on my mental health, but I would think of it more about depression/anxiety/paranoia kind symptoms, but you clearly say that it's more about the perception of reality for you, I am also not an expert but it feels like you have a natural high situation. What I mean is, our perception of world changes when we are high, because drugs change the way of the communication between the neurons, they cause abnormal electrical activity since they mimic the neurotransmitters. It reall feels like the communication between your neurons are now in a different level, which naturally would change the way how you perceive the reality.

It indeed sometimes comes to a dead end when you try to find some cure for some mental situation, it is mostly because they don't know the real cause in most of the situations, they develop a medicine on assumptions and if it works over the patients, then it is know as the cure. So, I guess the most pragmatic approach is try to go through the matches between our situation with the studied ones. What I mean is if you read a medication called Naloxone which seems to treat the symptoms like the ones you have, it indeed worths to get attention.

Anyway, I sincerely wish you all the best in your search for a solution to your situation. I actually don't know much about depersonalization and didn't know how serious it is, and will have a look for it.

Take care,

Comment

Yes it is a real mind trip, don’t get me wrong the anxiety, paranoia and depression have been a major part of it, more than enough to cope with and to drive you mad in themselves, but yes it is real hazy like trip that has always stayed with me. A bit like always been a bit wasted but not in the good way unfortunately, anyway I still haven’t read much more about this potential treatment yet, I will try to do so in the next couple of days if I get time, the other issue is assuming that is a potentially good treatment for my condition and like I say I would still have to do a lot more research before even considering it, I am much less experimental in what I put in my body these days, but if it was a good potential candidate for treating my condition I am not sure how easy it would be to try it, it’s a prescription only drug and the health care system here in the UK only prescribes it for opiate and alcohol addiction, using it for mental health problems is still a very new thing from the little I have read.

Anyway I will hopefully update you all if I find out any more in the next couple of days.

I sometimes like to listen to this while I do my research, hopefully I have still kept my sense of humour.

All the best
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Hi folks

Just to update you I have been doing a bit more reading on this subject and thought I would share some of the stuff I have read.

http://www.primarypsychiatry.com/asp...x?articleid=93

This webpage is interesting “At study endpoint, there was, on average, a 30% reduction of symptoms as measured by three valid dissociation scales. On the Clinical Global Impression-Improvement (CGI-I) scale, three subjects were very much improved, one subject was much improved, four subjects were slightly improved, four subjects were unchanged, and one subject was slightly worse. All three of the very much improved subjects, who experienced a ≥70% reduction in symptoms, opted to continue naltrexone after completing the trial. There was no significant correlation between naltrexone dose and CGI-I score at termination.”

http://jop.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/15/2/93

This one webpage also talks about the promise of naloxone but also mentions another type of treatment which some believe to be beneficial for DP/DR called lamotrigine, although it’s efficacy is not yet firmly established.

“Our own clinical experience has been that many patients referred to our clinic have been on an SSRI for prolonged periods with little or no impact on their symptoms, and this has led us to investigate other potential pharmacotherapies, in particular the anticonvulsant lamotrigine. Lamotrigine acts at the presynaptic membrane to reduce the release of glutamate, and it has been shown to reverse depersonalisation-related phenomena induced by the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist ketamine in healthy individuals (Anand et al, 2000). In the absence of large-scale randomised controlled trials, and in the presence of conflicting published data (see below), the efficacy of lamotrigine (whether as monotherapy or in conjunction with an SSRI) is not yet firmly established, but it is often our first-line treatment for the condition.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_dose_naltrexone

Just a bit on Wikipedia about low dose naltrexone been used for all types of things off label including “Crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis, and some cancers.” It certainly seem it is starting to be used for many different things, I have since read more about it been used to treat a number of mental illnesses including things like depression, schizophrenia and autism, it does seem like there are some who think it may be some kind of wonder drug, but I am not getting my hopes up just yet, I still want to learn more about it.

Incidentally I spoke to someone who worked for the NHS the other day although not in mental health, it was interesting when I told him about the people who are treating me for the mental health side of things not diagnosing anymore, he said he had studied a bit of the mental health side of things and told me it was indeed an issue of liability and that they are scared of been sued for misdiagnosis. It’s a bit of a crazy situation really and I appreciate that I don’t know for sure that I am experiencing a dissociative disorder, I seem to match the symptoms pretty well, but am well aware of the pitfalls of a lay person self diagnosing, especially when it comes to a mental health problem where so many of the symptoms overlap as well as the possibility of suffering from co morbid conditions, I have been told that even a qualified shrink can’t diagnose themselves with a mental health problem as people with mental health problems are too crazy to be in a position to do it, although the doctor that told me it put it a bit more diplomatic than that and been as my health care system won’t diagnose me either that leaves me with exactly no chance what so ever of getting a diagnosis, if that isn’t crazy then what is? You can probably see why I view it with a degree of humour and make joke references to David Banner having to research his own cure, it is a bit ridicules from my perspective at least, what other type of illness would you go to doctor and accept that they won’t even try to give you a diagnosis, it can stick in your throat all the more when you hear doctors telling people not to self diagnose either, LOL, what a situation hey, anyway even if it’s not a dissociative disorder, whether it’s some kind of cannabis psychosis or other mental illness from what I am reading so far these type of drugs are starting to show promise for many of these sort of things. Like with all drugs these kind of drugs can have side effects “Side effects reported by the 14 participants were as follows: sedation/fatigue (n=7), nausea (n=5), depression (n=3), diarrhea (n=1), insomnia (n=1), activation (n=1), tingling (n=1), feeling hot (n=1), and nightmares (n=1). “ Although so do the other things I have been prescribed none of which have put me right, it’s not as if I haven’t gave my shrink and his treatment a fair chance and from what I have read so far I haven’t read much about these sort of drugs been that risky, although like I say I do need to research them further, but at this stage it looks like the potential risk to benefit ratio may be quite good.

Anyway that’s just my latest update, I will update you again when I have read some more.
          Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Re:Naloxone/Naltrexone - Marijuana/drug induced depersonalization/psychosis treatment

Hey,

I just came across your post while doing some quick research on naltrexone for depersonalization disorder. Suffice to say you and I are in the same boat; I'll give you a condensed rundown of my story.

When I was 13 years old I smoked aloootttt of pot with a friend of mine & experienced what I can only describe as a horrific effect. This was my first taste of depersonalization.

Over the next year I began to have DP spells that would throw me into extreme anxiety (as I felt my mind was slipping away) & by 14 these spells had converted into a seemingly chronic condition. I was now depersonalized 24 hours a day. Within this time I ended up in the emergency room twice, believing I was losing my mind, at the doctors at least once a week (getting a battery of tests done), and then finally seeing two different psychiatrists before I was even 15 years old; none of them helped. They prescribed anxiolytics & antidepressants (both of which I refused to take as drugs got me into this mess in the first place), but they never gave me a proper diagnosis or even seemed to care - as a matter of fact I think my doctor just believed I was some kind of hypochondriac.

Fast forward to today; I'm now 22 years old & still in the same state over 8 years later & I have tried everyyyyytthhhinggg with regards to finding a physiological cause for this problem. I've seen every specialist you could name (neurologists, endocrinologists, urologists, psychiatrists). According to all of them I'm perfectly healthy.

I've spent these 8 years doing all I can do, coping & researching my condition in hopes of finding a treatment that works. I'm long since past a fear of drugs & am now willing to try anything that logically might work & interestingly enough I have just recently found two treatments that I plan on trying. The first being naltrexone, which as soon as I complete this post I am planning on attempting to acquire a prescription for. The second being low dose L-Dopa (a treatment for Parkinson's disease) along with DHEA (a neurohormone responsible for a number of mental processes)

Hopefully by tomorrow I will be on a treatment of naltrexone, so if you'd like to hear my experience please send me an email ([email protected]). I'd also be curious to know more about your personal health history, for example I started getting migraines when my condition began. I also started having weird urinary issues and had night terrors when I was younger. I mention these things because I believe some or all of them may be correlated with our condition... so I'd be curious to hear if you can relate to any of them.

to respond to this please email me as I don't know how often I'll be able to check in on the forum.

Comment

Hi and welcome, I will reply here and email my response to you.

It does indeed sound like we may well be experiencing a similar thing, well not just similar perhaps exactly the same, in terms of my previous medical history I never had the migraine, night terrors or urinary problems, I have had the odd headache and nightmare now and again like most but wouldn’t say I qualify for those things, but like I say I wasn’t really entirely neurotypical to begin with, I have had obsessive perhaps OCD like symptoms for the whole of my life, I say perhaps OCD like as it could be OCD or maybe even some kind of ASD as that can also involve symptoms of obsession and fixations, etc, like I say with so many mental health problem symptoms overlapping it is hard to know exactly, my mom had been researching the traits that run through her family and she seems to think it may be some kind of ASD, but that is just the opinion of a lay person all be it someone who has been watching it happen for many years. I was wondering if you have noticed any predispositions to anything mental health related issues in your family? I was also wondering what country you are in? I will indeed be very interested in how you get on, thank you so much for making this reply I really am very grateful.

Good luck and please keep me posted.

All the best
              Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Naloxone/Naltrexone - Marijuana/drug induced depersonalization/psychosis treatment???

Hey Guys,

I'm a 22 year old who smoked marijuana last week for the third time ever (first time I was 19). Needless to say, I felt high until 3 days later, and on that day I had a panic attack. Since the panic attack I have been experiencing symptoms similar to both of yours and in my research am confident that it is derealization disorder. I find your two cases interesting in how long they have lasted relative to others with similar experiences that have posted on the net. So, my questions for you both would be (and sorry if you answered them in your originial posts, I'm obviously suffering from memory loss): 1.) Did your experiences begin after long-term drug use? Or were you like me in that it only took one bad experience? 2.) Have you stayed completely substance free since your ordeals began? Or have you occasionally consumed alcohol/nicotene/caffeine/etc.? 3.) Lastly, I am terrified of this lasting for an extended period of time, so does it get easier? Did you ever experience thoughts of suicide, and if so how did you get through them? Do you get to a point where you decide it doesn't matter anymore? Thanks for any help you can give.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

I used marijuana for around 6-7 years pretty heavily, I haven’t smoked the drug in over 5 years but have had the odd bit of alcohol, nicotine and caffeine sometimes, but nothing heavy, none of these things have really affected it though not like the cannabis did, like I say even smoking a little bit of marijuana would immediately make it much much much worse so I could tell there was a definite correlation, none of those other drugs have had that effect, although I am not really one for caffeine as I find it makes me a bit restless but not foggy, I have the odd Pepsi sometimes but that’s it, I don’t know how people can poor caffeine down them all day and still sleep at night, I just couldn’t do that but hey I guess that’s back to how these drugs can affect us all differently.

My experience with this began only after heavy and long term marijuana use, considering you have only done it a few times I think you will probably have a much better chance of recovering, like I say I really did fry my brain with the stuff. Have I felt suicidal? Yeah a lot, I spent a good couple of years feeling that way every single day, I was mortified every time I woke up and realised I had another day of existing, it’s surprising I am still here really and even though I am much better than I was I still wouldn’t really be bothered if I died tomorrow really. What has helped me cope? Well trying to take as Buddhist an approach as possible about it, realising that there is much more to life than all the crap we are socially conditioned to believe is important, most of which isn’t, and running this place, setting up this place with my project partner has been a life line and one of the only worthwhile things I have probably ever done with my life, sure a lot of people may look at me and think I am a mentally ill loser whose life has fell apart and in many ways they may be right, but I have learned not to care as much about any of that crap anymore and what others think, I now have a different perspective as to what I consider achieving, so I have learned not to care about not having a lot of the usual stuff most people have in their lives, but the main thing that I still find problematic is the fogginess, don’t get me wrong it has improved and the depression and anxiety has improved significantly, I am a great deal better than those years of feeling suicidal, but I still find the hazy change in consciousness a lot to take a times, but I guess I had learned to cope, I have just had to make the best of it really, but enough about my problems, I try not to focus on it too much and stay as positive as possible, like I say you have to make the best of it, but anyway back to you, do try not to be too worried just yet, I think if you have only done marijuana a few times you have a much better chance of it passing, I don’t think it’s as likely that you have done the harm I have from just using it a few times, so try to stay as optimistic as you can for now if possible.

Take care, thanks for posting and all the best.
                  Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

OMG!i have those exact same symptoms!you summed up perfectly how trying to think and talk "is like swimming in treacle"i muddle up my words and sentences all the time at work so people probably just think i'm a bit thick.I have been smoking heavily for 14 yrs now,gave up for 6 months inbetween but only because of an episode where i thought i was losing my mind and it scared me off it, but now im back near that point again and i don't know wether mentally i'll have it in me again to fight back.the only thing i can compare it to is like having dementia or something!It's very unpleasant and quite embarrasing being some lame dumbass all the time especially when everyone knows you're high and that's why you're like that all the time.

Comment

I know what you mean the constantly searching for words is exhausting, it’s like every thought you have is an uphill struggle, it is mentally and emotionally exhausting, that’s the one thing I prefer about writing at least I can take my time. I too feel like a 32 year old with dementia, pretty tragic really, I don’t know is it a dissociative disorder or has it just burnt my brain out and prematurely aged me in a similar way to dementia, I don’t know for sure. All I can say is if you experience any of the symptoms of this kind of thing stop now as the chances are it is only going to get worse.

Take care and all the best
                      Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Hi
                        (sorry for my English, i m not a native speaker!) I ve been a regular marijuana user for almost five years. To make a long story short, i do have all the same symptoms i can read here. I had a very serious IQ and went through my first universitary study years almost without studying at all. So I spent my days smoking the drug and drinking, very seriously. Due to an emotional shock, I suddenly fell inthat depersonalisation. As I hadbeen high every day for years the firsst months of depersonalisation seemed normal and i tried to convince myself i would recover. At a certain point every time i locked my car and i walked a couple of meters i forgot if i had locked it or not. My short term memory wastotally destroyed etc. So for months ( illsave you the details) i consulted and tried an enormeous range of antideprssives,... Until one day my doctor seemed to be convinced i didnt need all those medicines and gave me nalorex. It probably was the first time in years i felt a little better, but he had given me that much other drugs and i felt so bad and sick because of it i moved to another doctor. He told me it was completely ridiculous to use nalorex after a marijuana addiction and strongly advised me not to take them anymore (i only took them for a week). I returned to him a couple of weeks ago telling him it could be a good ideatrying again, but he still refused to believe in it. Today ifind it really hard to continue this way. I m fed up with depersonalisation, i lost my friends, didnt finish my studies and got the reputation of being severely crazy and a person without personality although i know better but i cant express it as i m always feeling stoned tired, like a constant hangover.
                        As i am writing this, im with two guys smoking pot but i can leave it 9 times of 10. I still have the nalorex pills in my bag and i decided to find a doctor tomorrow who is willing to follow my experimental cure with nalorex, and in my country that s not too difficult. I ll keep you guys posted...

Comment

I believe I am experiencing a similar set of symptoms. I smoked the drug everyday for about 4 months and have the same brain fog/ depersonilization as described. Furthermore I feel as though I'm in the midst of a prolonged and ongoing panic attack that fluctuates in intensity. Being estranged from my own life is awful and I'm very sorry to hear that you are having the same problem. I'm still very hopeful and am going to see a psychologist soon. However I found a great deal of relief the other day after a brief spell of crying. So I have a question for you all: are you able to cry? And if so did it "bring you back" at all?

Comment

Hi agbishop and welcome,

Yes I think I can still cry although don’t really do much of it, even if my depression is really bad it’s not really what I have ever done much as a release, maybe I will have to try it.

All the best,
                            Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              Just a quick update, those who have read my most recent post in this thread may already know there may be something else which is perhaps relevant to my situation:

http://www.forummatters.com/forums/s....-Can-you-help

Recently I have been experinecing a strong increase in my need to consume calories to an extent that is hard to satisfy, I am having to eat every few hours, sometinmes I am not even that hungry but the problem is more if my body doesn’t get the calories I am expereincing a problem rather than needing to feel full, it has become very intense and is a bit like a drug withdrawal in it’s self, I have also been experiencing fatigue and my last blood test had an elavated white blood count, my GP was “happy” to leave it after running the basic blood tests but I got a second opinion from an endocrinologist and he thought there may be an issue in regards to hormones that may need investigating further so I am waiting for him to run some tests. As I said in my other post I don’t know if my most recent symptoms are some kind of long term continuation of what I first started to experience a few years back now or related in some way or if it is a seprerate problem, but marijuana can supposedly interfere with the endocrine system and hormones so who knows, homronal imbalances are an interesting and copmplex thing and can produce many of the symptoms I have experienced including things like memory problems and brain fog so who knows, it’s hard to know with so many possibilities but maybe this is another area which may need futher investigation, maybe it isn’t just a mental health problem, as I have said in this thread I don’t know for sure it’s just a case of some kind dissociative disorder it could well be something else, all you can do really is look at potential likely areas and investigate further, anyway like I say I am going to have some more tests in this area so if anything turns up that may be relevant I will let you know. I just thought I would update you all.

All the best,
                              Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X