Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

first day coming off marijuana

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first day coming off marijuana

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    hello everyone, I am a 18 year old male who has been smoking every day since i was about 14. when I say everyday I mean that for about 2 years previous to age 14 I was smoking fairly regularly, and after age 14 I have smoked every day a large amount of marijuana. Even previous to attempting to detox as I am now I have suffered from extreme anxiety and depression when thinking about quitting. I am not doing this of my own accord unfortunately, I have to detox for a 3 year probation sentence. In my mind this makes quitting much much more difficult. I feel I am being weak both ways. Instead of being able to derive strength from my choice to detox I view it as a weakness, selling out something I love and believe in, something that has helped me get by day by day dealing with anxiety, for someone else's beliefs, and to avoid jail. On the other hand if I allow my life's progression to be stopped by jail time, simply because I cannot manage to detox smoking weed, I feel weak about that too. Basically I don't want to quit, I don't want to go a single day without smoking. But I have to for my life to remain in order and this combination of factors adds up to increase the stress and anxiety i feel about quitting and ultimately make it more difficult. I dont know what I need or want, or any way someone could help me but I hope I can get some replys here, not looking for anything specific so basically say anything you would like and Id love to hear your advice.

Thank you,
    alone and afraid.

Hi and welcome to the forum

It’s a difficult one when the person doesn’t genuinely want to quit, in all honesty the person really does have to want to detox for themselves otherwise you are going to find it pretty difficult, at the end of the day I would probably look at it like this, you are probably in a situation where you have to detox whether you like it or not, avoiding jail is enough of a motive in its self, you may like smoking dope but I am sure you don’t like it that much that you think it’s worth going to jail for, you are not the only one here who actually likes smoking the drug but is in a situation where they have to detox whether they like it or not, actually many of us are but not usually for the reason of facing jail, the reasons can be different for all of us, for some it may be because of the effect it is having on a relationship, their finances, their career, health, ect, for me it was my mental health, yes I had really enjoyed smoking the drug in the past, I wished I could carry on smoking it in the future but couldn’t because of the effect it was having on my health, if you like it was a prison of a different kind, the effect was so dramatic that just like your situation I really had no choice but to stop doing it, even though a big part of me didn’t wanted to, but like your situation it just wasn’t worth where it was taking me. I too had to realise it just wasn’t worth the price.

So the best thing you can probably do is reanalyse the way that you look at it, the truth is most of us are probably forced into quitting in a way because the pro no longer outweighs the con, we all enjoyed doing it otherwise we would not have done it in the first place, but we all get to the stage where it’s no longer worth the price otherwise we wouldn’t be wanting to detox either, in that respect your situation isn’t that different, sure you are pissed off because you wished that there was no price to pay what so ever, but believe me I think we all are, we all probably would have liked to have carried on without there been any price to pay at all, but sometimes there is whether we like it or not and there’s nothing we can do to change that, so the best thing we can probably do is accept the reality of our situation and decide what it is that we want, either we pay the price or stop doing what is putting us in that situation. If you don’t think it’s worth going to jail for then you kind of do actually want to quit, all it is, is that there is part of you that doesn’t, but again this goes for all smokers, we all wish we didn’t have to not do it, but we decide which it is in regards to the situation we want more and then have to focus on that and that’s what I think you need to do, that’s what I mean when I say you probably need to revaluate how it is you are looking at the situation, so in a nutshell and sorry for using far too many words to say it, I am a little tired at the mo which makes my gabbling worse, but you need to focus on what you want more and make yourself realise if it’s something you want more than smoking then you do actually want to quit. The other thing I would try to do is think of any other benefits it may have on your life, I am sure that not going to jail isn’t the only positive effect it will have on you, using drugs is something that often effects your overall life in general and the direction in which it goes, try to think of these other things too, write yourself a list and try to work them into your new perspective. At the end of the day you are going to have to detox anyhow and the more you want it the easier it will be.

I know it feels like it sucks right now and it’s seems unfair and all the rest of it, but actually this may be a blessing in disguise, you may look back on this one day and think thank god I changed direction.

Anyway that’s just my take on it, I am not sure if it has been any help but I hope it has.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best and good luck!
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I believe Rehab Admin put a great perspective to make an anology of your situation with others'. At the end of the day, it's every addicts dream I guess, to be able to enjoy it without any pay off. But getting addicted is the main payoff actually. There is whole world beyond weed, but we just can't see it like the others, because it's only the drug that matters for an addict. I also believe that you could think this probation sentence as a great rescuer of you from your addiction. Otherwise, when you become 28 and see that you couldn't create a life because of your addiction, it will be the real cost. I advise you to read on addiction, it can help you to reanalyze your situation.

All the best and please keep us posted on how it goes,

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
        you're lucky, you're 18 and someone is helping you. when i was your age, i had just started my smoking and was alone, went on 10 years before i realized how much i had missed out because of it. be good to yourself and remove the addiction from your life, the sooner the easier it is and the less damage it will do to your life...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X