Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

My Life has to change and weed is the first thing to go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Life has to change and weed is the first thing to go.

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi all!
    This is my first post on any rehab group of this sort, I'm 26 and have been smoking the drug since I was about 14. For the past 5 or 6 years my smoking habits have gone out of control and has basically ruined my whole life but I know I can change it!
    I just put out my last joint and I did not enjoy it.. I've been building up a hate for the drug recently. It is affecting everything I do now and preventing me from doing anything for myself, it's got to the point where all I ever think about is weed, literally for weeks on end.. I'm sick of this life now, I moved out of my parents house last year in Feburary and I guess I took it for granted how easy it was there, I don't work and I recieve benefits (£105 every 2 weeks) £60 of this goes on the drug in the first 3 days the rest is my contribution to the bills here and paying dealers what I owe them. I never eat, I think I really am suffering some sort of mental illness due to starvation and being stoned and dillusional, I'm not insane tho it's just the drug controls my mind totally and comes way before my need of food. This is my life, that is all I am on the outside now. Inside I am full of ideas and energy but I am cloaked in this cloud of smoke I find comfort in, but no more! I've been saying it for years now to my whole family, they all avoid me now for I have let them down time after time, I really have to show them I can change.

My worries are that I live in a house full of smokers all as addicted and overcome by their addiction as I am/was. I feel I have the strength inside to get through it because of this hate and anger inside my heart.. all the damage it has done All the selfish behavior, theft ect.. I really resemble your regular crack addict, I feel no different.

I want some practical advice from others who have quit on how to really avoid relapse..
    I can be very weak willed but I want to get through this more than anything, and that is a powerful feeling. I feel positive about it, I have a councillor booked for next week.

Thank you.

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi Carlos1984 and welcome to the forum

I really feel for you, it sounds like you are in a bad situation, the whole lifestyle that’s a part of you drug use sounds pretty bad, that’s enough to cope with in its self, the bottom line is I really do think you are going to have to make some big changes and the first thing it is going to involve is quitting the drugs and in order to do that I think you are really going to have to move out of your house of stoners, I just don’t think you are going to have much of a chance if you don’t. Meeting that counsellor sounds like a very good idea, I think you have made a really good move there, but it’s the first of many you are going to have to do if you are going to turn things around, but you can do it, it can be done if you want it bad enough that is, which by the sound of it you do. So finding new accommodation is probably going to be a must, personally if I were you I may even consider the possibility of swallowing your pride and throwing yourself on the mercy of your parents, I think if you tell them you have screwed up and explain how desperate you are to detox there is always the chance they will let you stay with them until you get back on your feet, I am not saying you will want to live with them forever but it may be a good idea until like I say you get back on your feet, living back in your family environment may also help you to get clean, I am sure you won’t be sharing a doobie with your mom while watching diagnosis murder or whatever it is they put on in the afternoons these days, I am sure many of us have watched our fair share of them, LOL, anyway I don’t know if that is an option for you or whether they would have you but that’s just one idea, please forgive me if this sounds a little patronising but it sounds like you may have moved out before you were really ready to handle it or at a bad time at the very least, I know I did a similar thing, but you can always try again once you have yourself sorted, which is basically what it sounds like you need to do, there is no shame in asking for help from your family, so you need to not only quit but have a real good think about what it is you want to do with your life, do you have any career ambitions? Or is there even just a job you wouldn’t mind doing for now to help you sort yourself out, even voluntary work could be a good stepping stone at this stage, so you need to have a good think about this kind of thing and figure out the first steps you need to take, once you know what you want then just take it step by step and one day at a time.

Anyway sorry if that got a little preachy there, I try not to be too much that way, but given how unhappy you are with your situation it’s sounds like you really do want some kind of change, so whatever that may be for you and only you can decide that, it has to be what it is that you want, but now it the time to get your plan together, I know you can do it if you want it bad enough. Anyway have that meeting with the counsellor it’s the first step and don’t worry you are not alone, all of us here have at some point let our the drug use get on top of us and needed to sort it out, there are more of us out there than you may think, so you really are not alone my friend and we will be with you every step of the way, anytime you are finding things tough come and tell us about it and we will try to do what we can to help.

Take care and thanks for posting, I really am very glad that you did and please keep us posted, I know I for one will be very keen to know how you do.

All the best
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X