Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

It's time for a change.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for a change.

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hello, I am 18 years old, almost 19, and it's time for a change. I am a freshman in college and have been smoking since just before my 14th birthday. It will be 5 years now in April. I love marijuana with a passion, I really truly do. But it's time that I grew up and if not quit marijuana completely, at the very least be mature about my usage with it. I just barely scraped by in high school and now my smoking habits are really taking their toll in college. I live at home and commute so it's easy to continue going on the way I have been, especially when I have two older brothers even more far gone than I am.

I want to quit. I am wasting my money, I am losing my girlfriend, and I am close to failing out of college. I had it under control for awhile, but lately I've been getting angry when I couldn't find weed, I would punch the wall and get extremely anxious. I am confident that I can quit, I just need a place to go when I start getting heated up, which is why I came here. I don't want to detox marijuana for life. While it has brought me to a dark place in my life, I do enjoy using the drug and I feel it has had positive influences on my life as well as negative ones. I am giving myself the goal of 1 year smoke free for now, and in a year I will reevaluate my situation, maybe toke a little, and see if I can't get my usage under control. Thank you for taking the time to read this and support me.

Hi there, I made a similar goal to go a year without and am 5 weeks clean and sober. I'm older than you but if you have the ability to question your actions and assess whether you feel they represent you at your best than you are far ahead of the pack which makes such big, sweet, stinky cloud around itself that yesterday, tomorrow and any kind of questions about 'what the hell is this all about?' are blotted out along with the sun. I realize that you wrote this two months ago, and nobody replied, but if you still check up on it, and on this forum, there are many great words of wisdom from people who have experienced a longer and possibly more intense stretch of addiction road than you or I but it is the same road, I feel. Even those that aren't addicted step onto this road when they use drugs and alcohol, they just don't stick to it as readily or as faithfully as the natural born addict or the overly enthusiastic experimenter turned daily smoker. There are all kinds of good things about all kinds of substances. They are not black and white and those that judge them as such haven't taken the time to get to know them. Good for them!!! For those of us that like to dive in, we get wet. We shake it off, move on or we are carried away in a river deeper and older than the longest-lived mortals. To say there are a lot of good attributes to the drug is absolutley true, esp. to those of us who loved it from the first taste, we lock eyes with some things in this life and are never the same for the sight of it. There are a lot of good attributes to sober living, too. I haven't done much of it until recently, and I'm 31 years old, but I heartily recommend it! Life on life's terms and all this other cliché bullshit is not bullshit at all, it's just easier to live behind that cool, pessimistic attitude than it is to draw yourself out of that ancient river that all those preachy, judgemental people are too chicken-shit to take a dip in. You say to them, what do you know about life if you haven't been where I have been or felt what I have felt? and they say what do YOU know about life if you are too busy swimming in that river to get out and on the bank and live it? The truth is life is everywhere. It's on the bank, it's in the river, it's way down the river where other unfortunate folks that just wanted to take a dip 35 or 40 years ago wash up coughing blood, nursing their bruised, battered bodies. They are normally the first ones to say in an AA meeting, "what the hell do I know about life?" And it breaks your heart to hear it. As I started this rant saying, judging the merit of a drug is like opining about the weather, you can walk in your favorite weather and enjoy the shit out of it whether you love the rain or you love the sun or you love the special overcast that only happens in the autumn when the leaves are falling. The point isn't whether you love the whether it is if you are prepared to walk in all kinds of whether in all seasons. The key is what YOU are capable of or want to be capable of. Some folks are specialized for fair weather some like to feel a storm shooting off bolts of lightning and cracking thunder all around their heads until their hair is standing on end. Their are drugs that can satisfy these cravings. There are some ferocious drugs out there. There is also just the weather that is happening everyday in ones life and it can deliver us some doozies and also some fine feelings. It is intense, maybe more intense than the drug-induced madness that others opt for but it is a slow building intensity that many of us don't like. I smoked the drug to ease the anxiety that this slow mounting pressure induced in me, and then the drug made it's own dreadful anxiety when I was waiting for that blessed first bowl of the day, or when I smoked early in the day and felt that I had wasted it watching movies and surrending to the soft caress of the couch cushions. Everybody's experience differs according to their drug of choice and their personal relationship to it. And that is just it, it's a PERSONAL relationship. These are dynamic interactions between volition/compulsion and perception/sensation, sophisticated biochemical realities mediated at the synapses of the human brain (made up of over 100 billion nerve cells with each brain cell connected to around 10,000 other cells, which equals around 1000 trillion connections). If it feels real, that's because it is. Psychologically, people can't statistically tell the difference between having visualized doing something from actually doing it after being given a couple of cursory mental exercises and allowing a little time to lapse in between. All this adds up to...I don't know what it adds up to. All the little parts floating around in your head don't even have to be added up, really. They just ARE.

Peace

Comment

Hey poisonfreewill, I was just wondering how it’s going? I hope everything is going ok.

All the best,
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Hi BFB, I'm two months clean and sober and I feel really good. I had a hard day today with some tough surprises that threw my mood off but I have calmed myself through out the course of the evening. I've taken this stuff pretty seriously, and have implemented a lot of what I've read here on the forum. I drink green tea in the evening and I really like it. I feel soothed whether it is that chemical that helps or the good old fashioned tried and true placebo effect it's a nice calming dose of something for someone who is deeply ingrained with smoking the drug or having a few beers in the evening. Of course it is a stimulant instead of the drousy the drug and overall depressant that alcohol is but it's better for me because I'm staying very active in the evening anyway. Different approaches for a different way of life I guess. I haven't been writing on the rehab group b/c I've been busy but I think about it sometimes and the positive effect it's had. Two months, honestly, has felt like a tiny lifetime, but I'm being fully engaged right now with the struggle to make ends meet and take care of my baby daughter along with my wife. It's been a trying period of time and I sometimes find myself with that classic line of thinking "why did I pick now to stop smoking and drinking?" I know there is no perfect time to stop actively engaging in one's drug addiction. That's part of the cruel joke, I think, that you get in deep with the drug and with life, too, and then you say I need this because that is so hard and a bunch of other nonesense that only makes sense in your own brand of addict logic pretzel mind. The harder shit is all the more reason to try to get on top of it in your best possible form with your abilities tuned up as high as they are capable of being. There's no perfect time, shit is hard because it's hard, It doesn't stop being real because you run and hide and forget about it, it just doesn't seem so real because it's not so penetratingly present and urgent to your mind. I think survival is a good analogy, it would be plenty stressful to be breaking your back hunting for prey and hiding from predators so should I smoke a joint and just chill out around the fire for a few weeks? Anyway, I always ramble on as is my want, but I'm ok and actually feel, as I've eluded to, that my source of power and stake in the game right now is really tied to staying off the pot/alcohol and staying sharp and working hard. I don't sleep nearly as much, for my responsibilities not for lack of being able to. The withdrawal seems to have run it's course but I do think sometimes of the general state of addiction as being able to strike anywhere at anytime and draw you into a warm and cuddly embrace with a promise of soothing away those worry lines from your face and ease you down into the ez chair of somnolence (weed) or spike you up into the gregarious, heady, social bliss, a little devil leaning in toward your ear buzzing "you can do it" promising exstatic, dizzying cup after cup of mania (alcohol). I had that dream where I succumbed to smoking the drug and the part of me that is so resolute in abstaining was so upset and disappointed that I had flashes of strong emotions at having failed for a week or so and had to remind myself that it didn't actually happen, that it wasn't real. It was strange because the me in the dream was not guilty and smoked without a sense of giving up or succumbing to an addiction and the me when I woke felt so relieved that it hadn't happened because there was a me right before I woke who raged violently against the act and attitude of the dream me for a few precious moments when all the me's didn't know where they stood or how they related to each other. Welcome to weird, can I take your order? Take it easy BFB, thanks for the check in.

Comment

stay strong poisonfreewill,the longer you smoke the harder it gets man so stay off it bro i would not wont you to get to where i am at.

Comment

i agree with THC its really not easy to get rid of it but still try get away from it as soon as possible and be healthy..

Comment

That’s great to hear, I am glad to hear you are doing well.

All the best,
              Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes. I think it is really important to have a community of recovery to take part in and to help shake off that isolation that one feels when they swear off old forms of support or coping mechanisms or drug habits and try to make a change. If it can't be meetings then forums like this one really help. This is the first time I've availed myself of a rehab group for addiction and the info and advice and links have proven invaluable. I know I'm not really that far in with a little over two months under my belt but I am very happy with how I feel and the bad days as well as the good ones have their meaning and stand as themselves as long as I don't smoke or drink. If I do that they all will blur together and become one oppressive, indistinct march toward fear and uncertainty and laziness/anxiety (laze-xiety). One day at a time, even the shitty ones. Thanks again everybody.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                  No problem, it’s like you say there will be good days and bad days, but you will get there in the end, just carry on taking it one day at a time, I am glad the rehab group is helping, thanks for you kind words.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
                  Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X