Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

My quitting cannabis story

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My quitting cannabis story

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I found this cannabis rehab site yesterday and I think its GOLD!

I tried quitting "Cold Turkey" and noticed I would have HIGH anxiety and be very agitated. So I slowly weened my way off and went from $30/week to $5/week (im good at making it last). I would smoke all day every day 10+ times a day. Yesterday I officially ran out and was really debating to get more today but decided against it so I decided to join this cannabis rehab site and fight my cravings instead. I've been smoking for years and always smoked before I ate, before I went out, before I slept, before going to class, before studying, before i did pretty much anything and always noticed I was low on energy and never wanted to go out. I also tried substituting non-nicotine e-cigarettes but returned it and decided that it was a bad idea trying to replace one habit with another.

Ever sense I cut back and now quit, I feel great and a lot more alert and overall enjoying life more. The only down side is I sleep like shit and wake up with headaches every morning. I'm happy about making this decision in my life, and feel like I can finally accomplish many things now without being low on energy, low on money, and having to drive across town to go pick up (and being very paranoid driving with it or being set up).

But my question is, when will the cravings stop and how long until i start sleeping better? Also, I'm going on spring break soon and a few of my buddies who are going moderately smoke, what should I do when they break it out? I don't want to give in if its around.

Lastly, this is a great rehab group and I'm glad I found it.. I really think I can quit now that I found this.

Hi Chaz and welcome to the forum.

I am so glad you like the forum, hearing feedback like that makes running this place all the more worthwhile. The anxiety, insomnia and headaches you have experienced can be a perfectly normal withdrawal symptom of quitting, many people experience them but they do pass, I am glad to hear that you are now feeling a bit better, it terms of how long it will take for your symptoms to subside completely, to be honest I am not entirely sure, I have read a few different reports on the subject many of which I think said that most people feel back to their old selves within a month, I have however read reports that for some people it can take months, sometimes up to six, I even have read reports of it taking even longer than that but I wouldn’t imagine that is the norm, I think it can different for everyone depending on how heavy and for how long they have been using, as well as what’s going on within the chemistry of their brain as an individual, I have read so many different experiences on CannabisRehab.org alone that to be honest I wouldn’t really like to predict but if you want to read some of our other threads including ones like this:

http://www.forummatters.com/forums/s...-symptoms-last
    http://www.forummatters.com/forums/s...ymptoms-lasted

It may give you a better idea of the kind of experiences people can have, sorry I can’t be of much more help there. To be honest been in a situation where others are smoking is probably quite risky at the stage, but as to how risky may depend on how addicted you are.

Anyway it’s great to hear that you have decided not to buy any more dope and join the rest of us quitters, we are very glad to have you and look forward to being a part of your journey, remember you really are not alone, we are with you every step of the way.

All the best and speak soon.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

chaz, i always find myself giving this advice, start working out, sports release pleasure hormones and your body will need more sleep when worn out. go to a gym or swimming or go walking and running, the key is to wear yourself out, you will sleep like a baby. you might still encounter very vivid dreams that wake you up but because you're tired, you will go back to sleep quickly. these symptoms will pass quicker when you work out, you will clean your body faster. as for your spring break, it's better to try stay away from smokers for some time, anyway, by that time you might already be feeling much more at ease to just not smoke with them when they are. good luck, keep us posted on your progress, cheers

Comment

I think the working out thing is great advice, it will really help to get those feel good chemicals going through natural means.
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
          Hi Chaz,

This rehab group is indeed a great place for someone who has an intention to detox weed. First of all, when we see that many story's which are very similar to ours, we start to feel less alone. And seeing that the things we experience are the symptoms of a common disorder, we then can begin to objectify our situation and could try to solve it in a more rational basis. Because the thing we live, is literally a neurrological disorder caused by our prolonged the drug use and our perception matters a lot.

Thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes,

All the best,

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X